U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,433,318 times

Advertisements

Hi Goldengrain,

Boy, I sure don't get here much anymore -- how can one be so busy when retired????

Yes, Lily Dale is a whole few days, at least -- and it is very relaxing. Actually, being near the Chautauqua Institute there are easy ways to combine activities. Plus, it's all in a very beautiful part of Western New York State (which is NOT NYC). And Niagara Falls (Ontario) is just lovely. And then you can go to Niagara-on-the-Lake, about a half hour from the Falls -- what a beautiful, British town with little tea-time shops, and it's on the lake and very walkable. You'd be surprised that there is more to do than one would think.

I am going to go back into the posts and reply to a few more while I am here.

I am going to Asia soon to visit my daughter who is studying at Kyushu University in Fukuoka, Japan, so my mind is a bit boggled at all I have to do -- and she is not good at emailing me or staying in touch like she should while I am trying to plan all this. It is daunting.

Anyway, onto the next post!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,433,318 times
Default I know of someone very reputable

I do know of a medium who is very ethical, and is reportedly quite accurate. She is very popular through the "grape-vine," but not famous, so still accessible. There is a link to her page of some of her notarized affidavit readings -- if someone wants to ask me via a private message, I can refer you to her. Her prices are based on the competitive prices of the area.

I know her quite well, so feel free to ask me about her.

Wisteria

Old 06-25-2012, 09:30 PM

88,174 posts, read 82,181,917 times
I think the best ones are those who don't advertise, but who, as Wisteria said, are known through the grapevine. I know some people with some unusual gifts like that. My rule of thumb is that the more they advertise, go on TV, etc. the more fake they are.

You can tell Sylvia Brown is fake from reading her books. There's a lot of misinformation there, misspellings of people's names (as if she wrote the books off the top of her head, without checking anything), and there have been some debunkings. Before I knew this, though, I signed up for a reading by phone from her son, who, she says, has her gift. Well, I'll tell you, he surprised me. He was spot on about 2 or 3 things that he couldn't have known about, including a future event. But he didn't deliver on what was promised: past life information, and some other thing, I forget, now.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:46 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,434,119 times
I don't go to psychics because I cannot see them as providing a service that I need.
I keep saying they'd do more good (if doing good is their main aim) to help solve crimes.
My loved ones who have departed will be with me soon enough.
I like having my future a surprise. It's more interesting that way.
I already know my past.
I have no lost objects that need finding.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:36 AM

16,482 posts, read 22,436,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don't go to psychics because I cannot see them as providing a service that I need.
I keep saying they'd do more good (if doing good is their main aim) to help solve crimes.
My loved ones who have departed will be with me soon enough.
I like having my future a surprise. It's more interesting that way.
I already know my past.
I have no lost objects that need finding.
Different psychic do different things, not all can solve crimes.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Different psychic do different things, not all can solve crimes.
Evidently. Most are good at taking money, though.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,761,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Evidently. Most are good at taking money, though.
Let's not put all psychics into the same money grubbing basket.
My ex is increadibly psychic and he had never taken money for that talent.
Now if it's a car that's in need or repair or a road that needs to be made, then he gets paid.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:21 AM

16,482 posts, read 22,436,022 times
I think there is every extreme you can imagine with psychics. I think there are psychics that do not read for people and keep their gift to themselves, I think there are some that read and accept no money and then there are those that charge money, and those that charge big money, have websites and do appearences, and everything in-between. They cannot all be lumped together.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:03 AM

6,599 posts, read 9,933,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I think there is every extreme you can imagine with psychics. I think there are psychics that do not read for people and keep their gift to themselves, I think there are some that read and accept no money and then there are those that charge money, and those that charge big money, have websites and do appearences, and everything in-between. They cannot all be lumped together.
I agree, it's just like anything else.

I really have zero problem with legit psychics charging - if I had those abilities to the extent that I could make it my full time job, I'd certainly do it as well! It would be following one's passion and natural talent - and you still have to pay the bills. I think those who can do it are very lucky.

It's perfectly fine too if people want to keep their gift to themselves and do something else for work.

There are people who see using their gift as a way to be in service to people, and they put themselves out there for the public a lot for this reason.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Let's not put all psychics into the same money grubbing basket.
My ex is increadibly psychic and he had never taken money for that talent.
Now if it's a car that's in need or repair or a road that needs to be made, then he gets paid.
Great. I mean the well known psychics.
Good for your husband. If I had such abilities I would hope that I, too, could be so noble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal