U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:51 PM

20,823 posts, read 26,123,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I've never seen a ratings list for psychics ......
But it is a good idea for a book.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 08:53 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,601,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
The ones who disrespect their gift by having TV shows or going on talk shows.
I don't understand how that would be disrespecting their gift.

Artists have given gifts they share with the world, what makes a psychic any different?

Last edited by virgode; 04-21-2012 at 09:02 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 AM

12,478 posts, read 15,971,783 times
George Anderson is the Best Medium in the world. He's written lots of books. Anyone interested in such should read them. All of them.
I got a reading from him in person. He never asked me one question;just proceeded to deliver messages from people who have crossed over.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:47 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,406,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
James von prague,the short fat guy. But I don't believe in that stuff.
It's James Van Praagh, I think.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:57 PM

6,568 posts, read 9,888,182 times
There's actually a guy named Bob Olson who I believe used to be a private detective and has tested a lot of mediums - he has a best list (am I allowed to link to his site here? If not sorry! Just google)

Psychic Medium Recommendations Of Top Psychic Mediums By Spirit Messenger Researcher Bob Olson

He also has a best psychic directory but they are not all tested by him and I actually got a devastating reading from someone on that list. Not the subject matter, but the person made some dire predictions, laughed them off and ended the session. OMG.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:11 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,406,182 times
I knew a psychic who shunned publicity. He would give readings privately and in small groups. He gave classes in developing your own abilities.

He had a daytime job. He kept his accuracy until his death.

He explained to us that there are two thoughts regarding money and psychics.

One school of thought is that it's a gift from God, like other talents people are seemingly born with, math, music, etc. They spend time, effort, and money developing their talent and they deserve, like everyone else, to be remunerated for their services.

The other way of thinking makes little sense, but it says that once a psychic starts charging for their services the ability starts to wane away, leaving them at some point big names, known to the public, but unable to perform. They then resort to the 'tricks' that skeptics correctly point to as fraudulent.

This man I knew said he had spoken to those who knew, and had himself watched, some 'famous' psychics and believed that the second scenario happened the most frequently, which is why he kept his job, discouraged publicity, and only read for those he knew fairly well, and for free.

He did, however, encourage others to develop their own abilities.
He did not disparage those who charged, but thought it very dangerous.

I think there may be many like him who would rather keep their gifts and remain middle class than to become wealthy and ultimately, big frauds.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 PM

16,482 posts, read 22,390,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X0X View Post
Lifetime TV says Michelle Whitedove is America's #1 Psychic! She was tested on TV and won $100,000 by proving her abilities. See her on YouTube
I just looked up her website and she charges $550.00 for a 1 hr. phone reading, plus you have to mail her 5-6 photos of people you want to talk about during the conversation.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckabout View Post
Lee Ashley is a spiritual psychic medium who lives and works in Nashville. She is a teacher and speaker, works a lot like John Edwards, and is certified medium with the the Forever Family Foundation. This organization screens mediums with rigorous testing; less than 5% make it through the process. The 20 or so mediums who have been approved by this non-profit group are the real deal (though most live in the NY area). They are worth checking out if you are looking for a trustworthy, skilled medium.
I looked up this Forever Family Foundation last night and it looks pretty interesting. Has anyone here used one of these psychics and what was your experience if you did?

I also notice the Long Island Medium is about to have her website there.

Last edited by brokencrayola; 05-06-2012 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: change

Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 PM

630 posts, read 953,352 times
Colette Baron Reid
Peggy Rometo
Sandra Anne Taylor and her sister
Doreen Virtue

they are the more popular publicized ones that have their own radio segment on hayhouse radio. However I am sure there are great ones that aren't in the public eye. You can find reviews for them on yelp

Old 05-06-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
Colette Baron Reid
Peggy Rometo
Sandra Anne Taylor and her sister
Doreen Virtue

they are the more popular publicized ones that have their own radio segment on hayhouse radio. However I am sure there are great ones that aren't in the public eye. You can find reviews for them on yelp
Have you had a reading by any of the above psychics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal