Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:34 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times

Advertisements

UFOs do not exist...it is pointless for you eartli...er, for us to even give such thoughts any amount of consideration. Now go to sleep and forget such things. And pay no attention to those dreams you are having of toiling in the salt mines of Cranzorp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
good grief - pls don't digress this into yet another religious pissing contest. .
I don't know if this is aimed at me or not. I referred to religion only to cite the parallel examples of the Bible and UFOs as being things that people believe because they want to believe it, not because they have been presented with any objective or evidentiary basis upon which to structure a belief system.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 AM

39 posts, read 937,829 times
Default UFO sighting...

Well the most memorable of my experiences with sighting a UFO took place in Corpus Christi in 1995. I was 26 yrs old, and was walking at the Water Gardens at approx. 6pm. We were discussing UFO"s at the time because I had just come home from a MUFON meeting. I was all excited what I had experience and heard at this meeting. Well she finally tells me that she needs to see to believe, and basically told me to stop pressuring to believe in what I believe in. Well at that moment I wished that one would come down at that moment so she could see and believe like me. That is when in the distance that I noticed this object coming towards us over the Harbour Bridge.(sort of behind it and higher in the air) I told my wife, "Look here comes a car." It had two lights shining down like that of an automobile. Well we sort of just blew it off, and kept talking. But then I noticed that this object was directly above us. The two lights were shining directly down on us. It was a big black mass... the object was huge, and no sound. Just a faint hovering sound. At this moment my wife started to panic. The object then turned the two lights upward and that is when I saw the bottom of this craft. It was perfectly round with lights on the perimeter of the craft, and one big light dead center. It shined from white to yellow and then green, and then the reverse. This object was huge .... bigger then the art building which is large. It hovered over are heads for maybe 20 seconds, and then went behind the art building.. I say this meanning that the object went out of my sight becuase the art building was partially abstructing the view of it. I finally broke loose of my wife's grip and ran around the corner just to notice that the object had made a 90 degree turn around the other corner of the building.... As I finally run around the building. I saw the object blink out and stop above the Ocean... about 1 to 2 miles out. Then it just blinked out completely. To this day my wife does not like to speak of this incident. We also had 4 other experiences together... but this was the most memorable. There were 3 other kids present at the time of the sighting. But they were like transfixed. Almost in a state of shock. By the time the excitement wore off. I ran back behind the building to talk to the kids, and they were gone. I know for a fact that day that we saw something from out of this world. And for them to show up the moment that I requested them to show up so my wife would believe. That is just crazy. That means that they might be able to hear out thoughts... Or was just perfectly timed coincidence... Go figure. UFO Sighting Report 1995 : San Antonio, Texas, USA

Here is project Blue Book where you can see all the sighings that took place here in San Antonio. If you goto the main page you can enter any city and there are sightings.. way to many to dismiss it. Google Image Result for http://www.octhen.com/uploaded_images/santa-ana-ufo-702909.jpg

Old 04-07-2009, 10:41 AM

30 posts, read 54,171 times
Do UFOs exist? It is my firm opinnion they do. One morning, at about 4:30 am, when it was still dark out side, I just happened to be looking at the sky and a streak of light ran across it. Wow, a shooting star I thaught. So I made a wish. Then before I finish another one darted across the sky in the same direction. What are the chances of that? This wasn't the first time I had experianced this either. In fact on several occasions I've seen this happen. It's usually in bursts of two or three. Any things possible. Then again, we have so much space debris floating around our planet, it could have been some of it entering our atmosphere. It is also my firm belief that aliens are co-authors of religious text, in many of religions around the world. In fact, I believe they created religion to control the masses. I also think that these extraterrestial beings have been spoon feeding us technology in suttle ways for a long time. Does any one else feel this way?

Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 AM

830 posts, read 2,860,377 times
I didn't believe in them until the other morning. I had a pain in my anus. So I figured I must have been probed by aliens.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:36 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
UFOs do not exist...it is pointless for you eartli...er, for us to even give such thoughts any amount of consideration. Now go to sleep and forget such things. And pay no attention to those dreams you are having of toiling in the salt mines of Cranzorp.
By the whulsap of Yestalterish! You weren't supposed to reveal that!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:57 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
By the whulsap of Yestalterish! You weren't supposed to reveal that!
Oh nothing. That you Rentorx? Don't worry, these oxymorons wouldn't know a Candoid Starcraft if it flew up their misplaced waft expeller.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:32 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRefileric View Post
I just happened to be looking at the sky and a streak of light ran across it. Wow, a shooting star I thaught. So I made a wish. Then before I finish another one darted across the sky in the same direction. What are the chances of that?
Actually, the chances are quite good... Look up the word "radiant" in the context of meteor showers.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:41 AM

253 posts, read 805,567 times
Default believer here

why not? no one knows for sure, our own gov set up area51, must be something out there.
ive seen things in the sky, could be shooting star, could be ET, as long as they dont come down here and do some "independance day" thing, im ok, if they want to pull the "transformers" thing...cool, pick me, id like a to drive a clunker and have it turn into a cool hotrod....lol
now excuse me....bigfoot is hungrey, and ET got ahold of my cell phone again, birds are out crappen on my ship...and oh my...such a busy house this morning....lol

Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
A friend of mine, who taught at a community college just outside Philadelphia, used to insist that in reality, he was a caiman from the planet Torretyriliak (I didn't know that caimans lived anywhere else but Earth, and that other planet's name never came up in any class I ever took at school). He died this past November. At least, I was told that he died. Perhaps he just returned to Torretyriliak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal