Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:43 PM

12 posts, read 82,414 times

Advertisements

think of evolution from a time perspective. after big bang, billions of planets & stars were created. it took about 4.6 billion years after earth was actually formed to create us - an intelligent species that excels in science & technology. similar to the solar system, it is very much possible that thousands or even millions of earth like planets would have been formed billions of years before our solar system was created. if indeed that is true, that species is a few billion years ahead of us in terms of technology. can you all even imagine where we would evolve in a few billion years if mankind survived? just think of what we have achieved in the last 50 years. if we have achieved so much incredibly in just 50 years, how much could we evolve & invent in a few billion years? we could very well be advanced enough to have inter-galactic mission within a few million years.

i have never seen ufo's but by every logic they have to exist. i believe there are millions of planets with life - some in its molecular infancy and some way ahead of us. these planets do not need to have oxygen and water like earth. evolution is a long chain of complicated processes and based on the planet environment, a totally different kinda life might have evolved which would not survive on earth, like we do.

only because we can not find them with our limited resources does not mean they do not exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 04:27 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I havent seen any in real time , but, ive seen enough documentaries on TV and have an incredible DVD showing no doubt that they exist and have been accurately identified by NASA, the Airforce, common people on the ground, and even poeple such as Jimmy Carter and high ranking U.S. Military Officials . As to HOW they arrive...they come into existence and out of existence via a different plane that doesnt limit them to time and space . As to WHO they are....they are non friendly Beings that bring fear and anxiety .
Yes, fear and anxiety. I am not the type to feel afraid about things, especially not some dumb ufo. But a few years back, I felt just that when I was dreaming of a ufo hovering over in the sky. When I woke up, I turned on the t.v., and the newscaster was saying that they were receiving calls from all over town from people who were reporting "lights" in the sky. Maybe it was just a dream, maybe I was somehow seeing it with my mind, though not with my eyes, as I slept. But I do remember it was horrible. My mind simply knew , in my dream, that they were not well intentioned. Its strange that I felt that way, since I had never felt that way about a "ufo" or "alien spaceship", in all the shows I had watched or books I had read. Up until that day, I never had any feelings for ufo's in any way. And today, I can look at a ufo and not feel anything at all for it. But I think its different when you are asleep. Maybe a person is more alert to subtle energies. Maybe instinct kicks in more easily when a person is sleeping. I don't know what it was, but it was weird .

Old 10-31-2009, 07:23 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,771,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrunswick View Post
think of evolution from a time perspective. after big bang, billions of planets & stars were created. it took about 4.6 billion years after earth was actually formed to create us - an intelligent species that excels in science & technology. similar to the solar system, it is very much possible that thousands or even millions of earth like planets would have been formed billions of years before our solar system was created. if indeed that is true, that species is a few billion years ahead of us in terms of technology. can you all even imagine where we would evolve in a few billion years if mankind survived? just think of what we have achieved in the last 50 years. if we have achieved so much incredibly in just 50 years, how much could we evolve & invent in a few billion years? we could very well be advanced enough to have inter-galactic mission within a few million years.

i have never seen ufo's but by every logic they have to exist. i believe there are millions of planets with life - some in its molecular infancy and some way ahead of us. these planets do not need to have oxygen and water like earth. evolution is a long chain of complicated processes and based on the planet environment, a totally different kinda life might have evolved which would not survive on earth, like we do.

only because we can not find them with our limited resources does not mean they do not exist.
I dont have enough faith to be an atheist .

Old 10-31-2009, 07:42 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,072,296 times
As mentioned by others, I believe in UFO's only as far as a craft not ID'd yet. But that is military stuff that you civilians do not need to know about just yet! But as far as UFO's from space, bigfoot, nessie, etc. I truly believe that those who believe in this non-sense are fools! I am in the Intel field, and have worked at most of the hi end Intel sites. Military as well. Never saw any of this so called Alien crap. Does make for good TV though!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:56 PM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
As mentioned by others, I believe in UFO's only as far as a craft not ID'd yet. But that is military stuff that you civilians do not need to know about just yet! But as far as UFO's from space, bigfoot, nessie, etc. I truly believe that those who believe in this non-sense are fools! I am in the Intel field, and have worked at most of the hi end Intel sites. Military as well. Never saw any of this so called Alien crap. Does make for good TV though!
Yes... you are absolutely alone in a virtually infinite universe with a virtually infinite number of suns and planets. Sounds logical to me.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:52 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
That intelligent life exists elsewhere, out there, and that there are unidentified and heretofore unknown species of animals, seems a foregone conclusion to me. The facts are certainly different from the fiction, however, truth is often stranger than fiction in that same vein. When/if this issue comes to light, some disclosure, discovery or another, it may be more shocking than an episode of Stargate. Just MHO of course, but I like to believe that humans are not the best the Universe can conjure.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:00 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
iv'e seen some weird lights in the sky but can't realy say i've seen a definite ufo... just wondering if some of you have seen a real space ship. my ship is kinda leaky but still runs good..
I have never seen one but definitely believe in them.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I have never seen one but definitely believe in them.
I have camped and hunted the Monitor Valley and Warm Springs/Rachel area for many years now. The sky down there is very busy. I've seen some strange stuff, but nothing I just flat could not explain. Strange yes, not things you see everyday, but nothing I could call...otherworldly. Now, what goes on inside the actual complex down there, who can say. I would say that I believe in off world life, but I have never seen anything I could definitavley call a 'spacecraft', flying saucer etc. Examples of technology that is not general public knowlege, yes, but 'alien', I can't say for sure.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:15 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,211,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
As for craft from "another planet", I'm not convinced. I have little doubt that life exists on other planets in the universe, but "life" is a far cry from "intelligent life", and the possibility that any "intelligent" life would be able to not only locate our tiny dust speck of a planet, but also develop the technology to get here and bother to visit without saying "hello" seems somewhat remote. I'm not ruling it out; I'm just saying that I'm far from convinced.
......not to mention existing and having said technology right at the extremely same small gap of time (relative to the billions of years that the universe has existed) as us. Pretty much sums it up for me.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:19 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,211,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I think the program of turning brains to tapioca is already in full swing.
And has been for some time now. Also pretty much sums it up for me. Seriously, just take a look around. Scary to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal