U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 06:58 PM

4,512 posts, read 7,092,414 times

Advertisements

sorry folks!

i believe in ghosts since i saw Montana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er2QU...eature=channel

Last edited by effie g-tad; 03-14-2009 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: actually, a more daunting than haunting experience.lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 07:48 PM

647 posts, read 1,965,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
The hauntings we hear about that people have seen over the years. Seems more than a coincidence.

Could ghosts be another type of lifeform we haven't been able to pindown?
I believe in ghosts and believe that they can be a form of demon/evil activity.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:32 PM

18,264 posts, read 8,067,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I don't believe in ghosts and I've never seen any evidence whatsoever that they are real. Ghosts are one of those things that it's fun to believe in because it's kinda spooky and people like to imagine things like the photo they took that has glare spots from the sun or some other source of light is actually their dead Grandmother paying a visit.

Meet your opposite.

I believe in ghosts and have seen ghosts before. Yes ghosts can be fun to believe in but it can be dangerous. I have seen good ghosts and some I would like to never see again.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:48 PM

4,512 posts, read 7,092,414 times
LOL, i'm having second thoughts, but can't get a second opinion...

Old 03-14-2009, 10:17 PM

2,749 posts, read 3,639,807 times
Ghosts cain't hurt you. But they shore is spooky though.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:06 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,346,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
The hauntings we hear about that people have seen over the years. Seems more than a coincidence.

Could ghosts be another type of lifeform we haven't been able to pindown?

I have already answered this one and I hate to repeat myself so: //www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-now-will.html

Old 03-15-2009, 12:11 AM

8,567 posts, read 15,447,015 times
Ghosts are as real as a fata morgana*, the thing is that a mirage, who are just as incorporeal as an idea, can and do affect people.
Quote:
*A fata morgana, Italian translation of Morgan le Fay, the fairy shape shifting half-sister of King Arthur, is a mirage, an optical phenomenon which results from a temperature inversion.

Fata Morgana are usually seen in the morning after a cold night which has resulted in the radiation of heat into space. In this form of mirage, objects on the horizon, such as islands, cliffs, ships or icebergs, appear elongated and elevated, like "fairy tale castles".

The way this mirage is caused is this: in calm weather, when warm air lies over cold dense air near the surface of the ground, the undisturbed interface between these two air masses can act as a refracting lens, producing an upside-down image, over which the distant direct image appears to hover.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_(mirage)
Then again, to Buddhists life is nothing but an illusion (mirage).

Old 03-15-2009, 03:43 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,500,819 times
How do several different people at separate times in history see and hear the same things?

Gotta admit some of this stuff is just wierd and hard to explain as a mirage or in the head or some trick out of Scooby Doo

Old 03-15-2009, 03:55 AM

8,567 posts, read 15,447,015 times
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01
Quote:
How do several different people at separate times in history see and hear the same things?
Because they don't want to be the odd ones out?
Man is a herd animal and it is only natural for herd animals to acknowledge that they can't survive (long) without a herd.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:02 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,923,148 times
I have to say that I beleive it's possible for a person's spiritual energy to linger in this world after the body is dead. I have no proof either way, so am open to possibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal