Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times

Advertisements

I do, based on my experiances with it, the College I attended is thought to be haunted in at least 3 buildings and we even had ghost hunters come and investage. What exactly a "ghost" is I have not I idea, but I do believe they exist and many people I went to school with came to the same conclusion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 03:55 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Default Just my thoughts

Sometimes when people die they will not "go to the light" sometimes they have a fear of an angry God or maybe they are too attached to their material world. I have had experiences with ghosts so I know they exist but they really are not to be feared although my experience was rather frightening due to my lack of understanding. They are a little creepy, but you can send them to the light. Demons are made up and do not exist. Sometimes you will feel or see a dark entity but it is not a "demon" per say. Angels and spirit guides on the other hand are very real and you can call on them at anytime to help assist you with finding your life purpose or dealing with learning any lessons that traumatic experiences may bring.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:41 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,316,380 times
I've seen things, heard things and felt things that are very real. Are they dead people? I don't know, and nobody really knows. I think that because science hasn't found an answer yet, you can't discount the idea that they are dead people any more than you can discount the idea that they are not. When something is unknown it calls for an open mind, that is how new discoveries are made.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:20 AM

689 posts, read 549,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I've seen things, heard things and felt things that are very real. Are they dead people? I don't know, and nobody really knows. I think that because science hasn't found an answer yet, you can't discount the idea that they are dead people any more than you can discount the idea that they are not. When something is unknown it calls for an open mind, that is how new discoveries are made.
From my own experience, those are most likely tricks done by the evil spirits. Under certain condition, they can manifest images into your mind.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:18 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
The hauntings we hear about that people have seen over the years. Seems more than a coincidence.

Could ghosts be another type of lifeform we haven't been able to pindown?
Hmmmmmmm

It could be a new evolutionary lifeform species as you suggest.

Maybe we should lable it: "Pindown Man"

Old 03-13-2009, 03:52 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,700,243 times
Maybe that's Hell Basically if you weren't a devout Christian you just don't go anywhere

Actually I always understood that ghosts were people that had died before they were really ready and weren't ready to move on to death yet (whatever that means) lol

Old 03-13-2009, 04:29 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
Maybe that's Hell Basically if you weren't a devout Christian you just don't go anywhere

Actually I always understood that ghosts were people that had died before they were really ready and weren't ready to move on to death yet (whatever that means) lol
Well despite what the religious crowd say, the Bible only shows that when a person dies, he simply goes back to the dust/earth from where he came. If that's the case, then of coourse what is the ghost ???

I find many areas where these things are known to occur are areas where there alot of traditonal superstitions as a culture anyway. A work acquaintance who was originally from Mexico, told me a couple of decades ago as we were discussing this very subject, he said that poltergeist and other such odd unexplainable phenomena were a regular occurance down there.

There also seems to be alot of logical questions to pose to people. Many areas that believe in these spirits of the dead, seem to have a real fear of their dead relatives. Question I've always asked is, "If the relative you knew in real life was a kind, gentle and caring person, why after death would they be fearsome and want to harm you ???

So dead relatives, No. Demonic sources, probably. But that just goes back to something supernatural, which in the end is the only explanation for hard to understand and unverifible ellusive phenomena.

Guess you'd just have to be there.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:13 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Hmmmmmmm

It could be a new evolutionary lifeform species as you suggest.

Maybe we should lable it: "Pindown Man"
I've heard suggestion that what humans think are ghosts are actually our perception of lifeforms in alternate universes that is somehow "leaking" over into ours.

Of course, there's as much evidence for this assumption as any other assumption about ethereal beings (or demons).

Old 03-13-2009, 01:50 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,374 times
"Ghosts" are really the fallen angels that roam the earth. Like humans, they have personalities and some of them are jokers and like to play tricks on humans. They would manifest themselves as "spirits" of dead relatives and they know things about them and sometimes show up with their voices or images. In the movie The Exorcist, which was based on a true story, the demon in the possessed girl at one point confronted the exorcist as his dead mother!

Last edited by wilvan; 03-13-2009 at 01:59 PM..

Old 03-13-2009, 02:03 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Ghosts?...I believe in them as much as I believe in any other supernatural myths....Not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal