Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
First, the Bentwater story because thats the one that made me believe. First the only conflicting story was of a guy who claims he saw things such as aliens and such. However EVERY party that was at the true event says he was NEVER there, inluding a Lt. Col. The same Lt. Col who says this wasn't some swamp gas or the light house, which has been proven could NOT shine in that direction. In reality everyone that was really there has the same story that happened over two days.

Second, the O'Hare airport event you say where they could not convince their employree is a LIE. The Airline would not let their employees speak about the event or else they could be fired.

YouTube - O'Hare UFO

As for Bentwater.

YouTube - Larry King debate: The UFO-coverup?

YouTube - The Rendlesham Forest Incident - Part 1/3

Conflicting stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 09:53 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
I'm sorry but thats your response???? LOL

In your first video you have a guy who say we don't know. Where is the evidence that shows it's something that can be explained? You have multiple witness saying it wasn't something to do with the weather and it was a craft. Sorry but because some one makes fun of it isn't proof it wasn't a UFO.

The other two videos are what I was hoping you would post on. See if you did RESEARCH, you would discover the Bentwater events happened over TWO DIFFERENT NIGHTS. So your saying they are conflicting stories is WRONG, when in fact they are both accurate because they happened on different nights. The first incident, the second video, occurred on December 26th. While the Second incident, the first video, occurred on December 28th.

Sorry but do some research.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but thats your response???? LOL

In your first video you have a guy who say we don't know. Where is the evidence that shows it's something that can be explained? You have multiple witness saying it wasn't something to do with the weather and it was a craft. Sorry but because some one makes fun of it isn't proof it wasn't a UFO.

The other two videos are what I was hoping you would post on. See if you did RESEARCH, you would discover the Bentwater events happened over TWO DIFFERENT NIGHTS. So your saying they are conflicting stories is WRONG, when in fact they are both accurate because they happened on different nights. The first incident, the second video, occurred on December 26th. While the Second incident, the first video, occurred on December 28th.

Sorry but do some research.
I've backed up my statements. That's something you haven't done. It's you who needs to do the research.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I've backed up my statements. That's something you haven't done. It's you who needs to do the research.

No, you have not. What you have done is site two stories which are both factual and claim they contradict each other. Newsflash if something happened on two different day it does not mean one is true while the other is not.

Rendlesham Forest Incident

As you will see the incident happens over two DIFFERENT NIGHT

Now to the O'Hare sighting what evidence was shown in your clip? You have an "expert" on saying we don't know what it was. So thats your response? You have witnesses saying I saw a craft vs some one who was not there saying we don;t know what it was. Career advice don't become a lawyer.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
No, you have not. What you have done is site two stories which are both factual and claim they contradict each other. Newsflash if something happened on two different day it does not mean one is true while the other is not.

Rendlesham Forest Incident

As you will see the incident happens over two DIFFERENT NIGHT

Now to the O'Hare sighting what evidence was shown in your clip? You have an "expert" on saying we don't know what it was. So thats your response? You have witnesses saying I saw a craft vs some one who was not there saying we don;t know what it was. Career advice don't become a lawyer.
From the link you gave:

Quote:
Jim Penniston and John Burroughs went to investigate the craft together.
So that would mean either somebody is lying about who went to investigate, or one is lying about the date.

And that's from the link you gave.

Inconsistencies.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
From the link you gave:

So that would mean either somebody is lying about who went to investigate, or one is lying about the date.

And that's from the link you gave.

Inconsistencies.

UGH UGH UGH

THe Sgt was on duty, went to a party the base had for the holiday. The Lt. Col wanted to get rid of the UFO rumors so he said I'm going to go out and find out whats going on. So once again just because one guy was involved in both incidents does not mean it's an inconsistency. It means the same guy was there for both events

Here is the UFO hunters episode that explains it, however you need to click the links to keep the episode going on the you tube site.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:34 PM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
I used to be a firm believer. Now I'm agnostic about it. I'm sure there's life elsewhere in the galaxy, but "life" is a far cry from "intelligent life", which is even further from "intelligent life with the capability for space travel", which is even further from "intelligent life with the capability for space travel and the ability to traverse time."

Now, assuming that there's another race out there that has evolved to the point of being able to build space faring craft, they'd still need to overcome the all the hurdles one comes across to navigate space successfully, and those are some pretty daunting hurdles.

Let's say that there's a race that's come that far, and has overcome the radiation, meteoroids, propulsion, life support and other issues that make space travel so incredibly dangerous. The next hurdle for them to overcome in order to visit us would be the vast distances involved. The eleven closest stars (not all of which can support an earth-like planet; those are somewhat rare in the overall scheme of things) are between 4 and 10 light years away. That's an 8+ year round trip, if they can travel at the speed of light, to do nothing but a fly-by? Not likely. No, in order for the trip to be worth it, they would have to overcome the distance in some unconventional way, such as with a wormhole. Not impossible, according to Einstein, but not a piece of cake, either. Then there's surviving a trip through a wormhole, which, as I understand it, isn't likely to be possible.

But let's say that they've overcome all of those things, and can zip about the galaxy at will. They still need to find us. We're just one little speck of dust orbiting one of the hundreds of billions of stars in the milky way.

Is overcoming all those things outside the realm of possibility? Nah. But I believe that the likelihood of all of those conditions being met and having them visit, but not attempt communication or make their presence very obvious, is pretty slim.

There are certainly events that remain unexplained. Some are bound to be hoaxes, and others are genuinely unexplainable phenomena. Unexplainable does not have to mean extra-terrestrial, however. It just means that with our current scientific knowledge, we have no explanation. That doesn't mean that we won't in 10 or 50 or 100 years. We're barely starting to explore our deepest oceans - how can we be so arrogant as a species as to believe that we can explain everything we see above the surface, and that whatever we can't explain must have come from another planet?

Aliens visiting earth? Maybe, but not likely. Government covering up these visits? Extremely unlikely. Stop watching X-Files reruns.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Aliens visiting earth? Maybe, but not likely. Government covering up these visits? Extremely unlikely. Stop watching X-Files reruns.

Then please explain to men the Bentwaters UFO. A USAF Lt. Col didn't know what it was and if anyone would know what aircraft the US has you would think it would be him.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:05 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Is that REALLY what you think? LMAO. This is Groom Lake. Not Yucca Mountain. They are in totally different places. Lol, the Air Force is not going to use the assets they have in place at 51 for 'covering up waste dumping" et al. Area 51/Groom Lake is a top secret test site for advanced aircraft. Pretty spooky actually. Real Tom Clancy stuff. It is rather unspectacular on the surface. But some ...interesting ...things can be seen in the night sky down there. Go out past Belmont into Monitor Valley and see for yourself. As to aliens and flying saucers .... Lol, but they do have some neat toys hid out down there. It has nothing to do with waste dumping. Thats a bit further north and east of Area 51. And it's not nearly so well protected ( fighter interceptor squadrons, attack choppers, and wicked ground assets that you just have to see to believe)

I mean to say no little green men, and the government HAS buried lots of stuff they shouldn't have on these huge western military bases. This is the real conspiracy, downwinders have already been the first to pay the price. I doubt there are secret aircraft that are far beyond the cababilites of the current known aircraft being tested; the technology has more or less hit a plateau. Until we find a propulsion system that isn't based on combustion, modern jets are about as good as it gets.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:05 PM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Then please explain to men the Bentwaters UFO. A USAF Lt. Col didn't know what it was and if anyone would know what aircraft the US has you would think it would be him.
Did you even read my post? Or did you just skip to the last sentence and hit the "quote" button?

BTW, I've seen just about every History Channel, Discovery and broadcast show & special on UFOs. I've seen the reports on Bentwater. I've researched it, and most other major sightings, online. I'm still very interested in the UFO phenomena. If you'd bothered to read my entire post, you'd know that I don't disbelieve in their existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal