Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:33 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,163 times

Advertisements

Nope, don't believe in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 09:39 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post

but ....????????

Old 04-23-2009, 09:42 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
John Wesley said “Giving up witchcraft is, in effect, giving up the Bible”, meaning that to give up the belief that there is such a thing as witchcraft is to go against the Bible (which speaks of witches).
I believe there are people who call themselves witches. However, I don't believe they have any supernatural powers. But if a person's religion uses the classification of "witch", it's nothing to me whether or not they choose to use that appellation. I have a friend who is a pagan witch; she calls herself a witch, I call her a witch. It's just what she is (but she still can't do "magic" or fly on a broom, etc).

Witches of the type that actually do "magic" spells and have otherworldly powers -- they don't exist, except in the imagination of Hollywood and backwards superstitious people.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
I believe there are people who call themselves witches. However, I don't believe they have any supernatural powers. But if a person's religion uses the classification of "witch", it's nothing to me whether or not they choose to use that appellation. I have a friend who is a pagan witch; she calls herself a witch, I call her a witch. It's just what she is (but she still can't do "magic" or fly on a broom, etc).

Witches of the type that actually do "magic" spells and have otherworldly powers -- they don't exist, except in the imagination of Hollywood and backwards superstitious people.

it always took two to tango..!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
it always took two to tango..!
I'm not sure I follow you...?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow you...?
that's not necessary, in our case here.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
that's not necessary, in our case here.
Well, if I'm being insulted it's handy to know so that I can laugh with the rest of you at my expense.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Well, if I'm being insulted it's handy to know so that I can laugh with the rest of you at my expense.
that's correct, but i was rather complimenting you.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:04 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
there is a question though.........do they believe in you?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:06 AM

541 posts, read 984,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
John Wesley said “Giving up witchcraft is, in effect, giving up the Bible”, meaning that to give up the belief that there is such a thing as witchcraft is to go against the Bible (which speaks of witches).

Over in Kenya the folks believe in witches. Just recently 11 people were burned alive for being suspected of witchcraft: BBC NEWS | Africa | Kenyan arrests for 'witch' deaths

Interestingly, Sarah Palin's church has hosted Thomas Muthee, a Christian pastor from Kenya (he's the one who laid hands on her and prayed for her) who is a witch hunter himself. He had a woman declared a witch, which led to villagers demanding she be turned over to them for stoning. US Elections - Times Online - WBLG: Palin linked electoral success to prayer of Kenyan witchhunter (http://timesonline.typepad.com/uselections/2008/09/palin-linked-el.html - broken link)

Isn't it time to give up magical beliefs, whatever the form?

BTW, don't watch the video if you are squeamish; its horrifying.
Maybe it's me but i got the hankering for some BBQ all of a sudden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal