Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your Zodiac Astrology Sign
Aquarius 21 Jan - 18 Feb 15 10.00%
Pisces 19 Feb - 20 March 12 8.00%
Aries 21 March - 20 April 14 9.33%
Taurus 21 April - 21 May 8 5.33%
Gemini 22 May - 21 June 8 5.33%
Cancer 22 June - 22 July 9 6.00%
Leo 24 July - 23 Aug 11 7.33%
Virgo 24 Aug - 22 Sept 10 6.67%
Libra 23 Sept - 23 Oct 10 6.67%
Scorpio 24 Oct - 25 Nov 16 10.67%
Sagittarius 23 Nov - 21 Dec 13 8.67%
Capricorn 22 Dec - 20 Jan 12 8.00%
I don't believe in any aspects of Astrology 12 8.00%
I refuse to answer , it may incriminate me 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:31 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,726,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I will guess....Aquarius
Come on, HIF is an Aquarius. Rapture really is a Gemini. Boy, do I have some neat Gemini experiences. HIF is my muse, tho I should not need one.

Wisteria is very good at this, I really want to see how she does the analysis.

There is a bigger question. God or Nurture. Can you change stripes and your core characteristics that should have been assigned at birth by applied effort, will that influence what someone skilled in the practice of reading peeps see.

Wisteria shows some very skilled abilities to cut quickly to the core of issues. Her discovery in this area, is in total agreement with what I found and attempted to develop in a more science based method aimed toward a business management approach.

Actually tried to write a computer program based around such a system a number of years back, results were so-so. It fell through the cracks as other things demanded the time. A subject that I never lost track of entirely. I am not that skilled in actually doing the conventional Astrology type approaches. That was coupled to try to find other things that could be proven to have some advantages in managing peeps. One that definitely worked was handwriting analysis. Apparently Wisteria and I have had some of the same interests and went down some of the same paths.

In the end it might be all about how one might attempt to apply any of it. Is a fun subject to explore in a forum like this. Having her do an approach like this is sort of a way to see is there a "Bridge type mechanism" that can marry the conventional Astrology methods with many of the more conventional peeps management data type systems where the inputs are based on other factors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 12:39 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
ok, I want to guess one more time....Sag.?

Old 04-08-2007, 12:46 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,783,209 times
Okay, I'm back. Now I'm getting totally confused.....

Well, it could be a combination of things, but here's my guess:

Sun in Scorpio in the 6th house
Venus in Sag in the 7th
Moon in Aries in the 10th
And Gemini rising -- giving the ability to write and work with those computers

Just a guess.....

Please don't be mad if I didn't get near it.
(Hope this doesn't blow my rep!! )

I'm still looking at Scorpio, Aries and Gemini, though....in whichever order....

Last edited by Wisteria; 04-08-2007 at 01:10 PM..

Old 04-08-2007, 01:00 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
It's the bottom of the ninth. 2 runners on, 1 strike, 2 balls. Oh wait, that's baseball.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Okay, I'm back. Now I'm getting totally confused.....

Well, it could be a combination of things, but here's my guess:

Sun in Scorpio in the 6th house
Venus in Sag in the 7th
Moon in Aries in the 10th
And Gemini rising -- giving the ability to write and work with those computers

Just a guess.....

Please don't be mad if I didn't get near it.

I'm still looking at Scorpio, Aries and Gemini, though....in whichever order....
Yup, I thought that might happen. If I had to guess on what you could read here, I probably would have gone for about the way you came out. I would have rejected Cancer for all sorts of reasons.

But yup, Cancer smack right on. Fireworks day and dead on exactly as predicted with all the core characteristics. The question was can you change and appear to be something else? Apparently but all the rest of it is buried exactly like they say.

And as you might expect mix up Cancer and Gemini and you really do get fireworks. Nothing dull in that mix. But yep, I hope for Scorpio, can do Virgo, Sag, the tamer ones. Those ones off on the impersonal, dual personality changable tact and we are off to the races, anything off toward disorder and it is an all day job. Maybe somewhere along the way I had so many fights with Gemini's I adapted their characteristics in defense.

Where does that cut for you??? Cancers well under control should be very good. Will actually have to look at a few of those sites. Basically I am saying the weaknesses of Cancer do not come into play very much. The sensitive part pretty well masked over. Lot tougher hide than you would expect. You get the stronger characteristics. The loyal puppy dog.

Which ones can't you be very compatible with, what were the problems ones in the past? I can't think of any other combo's like that Gemini-Cancer mix. Cancer-Scorpio is always a very good combo for me in real life. No real close experience with Sag's.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:36 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,783,209 times
Need more info: What is the rising, and moon, and which houses??? Very important.

Scorpio and Cancer are still very similar -- both are water/emotional signs. I figured water in there amidst the talk of fire and air in words. So, we know it's water sun. What is the rest? That makes a difference, too. Were you born at 6 A.M. or 6 P.M. or what time? (6 A.M. would give you Cancer rising AND Cancer sun -- with sun either in the 12th house -- of one's own undoing -- or in the first -- a good spot to land.)

For me, the Cancer and Scorpio signs are often what I am around -- Cancer rising is as powerful as Cancer sun -- for me, I see Sun and Rising signs as almost the same -- except for when it comes to progressions. I often say I have two sun signs: the ascendent and the sun --- both being somewhat opposite: Cancer and Sag. But, in one person, they become workable.

Sag -- well, it depends. You can't go by just the sun -- doesn't work -- too many variables. For me, the ones I have gotten along easier with are: Cancers (yes), Geminis, Leos and Scorpions. Lesser with Aries and Librans, Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn. Then again, it depends on if they have a Sag, Leo or Gemini moon, or rising sign, or the Cancer to mellow it out.

Make sense? Let's hear what the ascendent, moon and midheaven are in yours. It will put it in better perspective. But, yes, I did assume water was prominent -- notice that I gave you a water sun sign??

Old 04-08-2007, 02:21 PM

Default H,mmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I guess Cancer or maybe Libra...
Thanks, what would cause you to guess that????

But obviously you did before I told you.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Ok, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Need more info: What is the rising, and moon, and which houses??? Very important.
You should have it.

Will still be interesting to see what you come up with, please interupt to layman language how you react to it.

Maybe not fair for you, I know normally you are given input data and work from there.

My real interest went in a different direction. If I had a group of say 100 peeps, how would I select the best ones to say be a truck driver, or fireman, or whatever? How do you select the best for particular tasks within some particular organization? A lot of it I was targeting a military environment. You might reduce it to a simple question. What birth sign will defend a hill the best, what birth sign will have a tendency to run? Can you even do that type analysis and apply it? Those Astrology programs that I looked at didn't really seem to offer all that much.

What I was using it for was to try to identify trait pairs. If you have this trait, you will also probably have this other one. Conversely, there should be some that will be excluded. Example if you are Brave <> Calm they complement each other. Probably zillions of those type programs floating around today at big bucks. I missed making the family fortune a number of times.

Those distributions of peeps in birth signs also were of great interest to me. As sort of shown in the poll on the front. Is there a huge variation in data, how does it relate, is it determined by geography, month, etc. If you want to recruit for whatever is one birth sign more available and is there an advantage if you have a huge selection pool to picking your basic feedstock pool in a particular manner. That general way of looking at the World, your typical boring stuff.

I did all sorts of looking at types of projects to attempt as a one man shop, even to include how to beat lotto's, woof that could be its own book itself.

And HIF thinks she needs a muse, sheezs she just needs to switch over and become a practicing Cancer, not enough hours in the day. eek!

Old 04-08-2007, 03:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
I guessed it!!!!!!!

You know why? My best friend up North was a Cancer. He loved to go on road trips and was a lot of fun!

As a Scorpio, I've always gotten along with Cancers.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I guessed it!!!!!!!

You know why? My best friend up North was a Cancer. He loved to go on road trips and was a lot of fun!

As a Scorpio, I've always gotten along with Cancers.
Thanks, sort of the reason I asked you. In actual life real Cancers in the normal mode hate to travel, they are real home bodies. Can be like a dog guarding a house and totally happy. You can reprogram anybody but maybe it takes a very conscious effort to do it. Probably a lot what happened to me by various mechanisms.

Scorpios are good with Cancers, especially those female Scorpio versions. Some were the best bed bunnies around. Strangely enough not all signs are the same. Nothing is univeral in truth but it definitely a good guide in my experience.

Cancers can be tough to understand in real life. Had little experience with the female versions but male Cancers can be a trip if you do not attempt to understand what makes them tick. Is not really true they are moody or brood a lot, that is a very common misunderstood fault laid on them.

Last edited by Cosmic; 04-08-2007 at 06:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal