Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 03:07 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,101,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Really did he/she ever make contact with them?
A family member was staying at one of the houses he woke in the middle of the night and standing next to the bed was a large man wearing a plaid shirt ,suspenders and with a bushy white beard

He did some research and this man along with his brother had resided on the property over 10 years before

The times I stayed in this house (which was built in the 1800 every time I would go down into the cellar I had to leave the door propped open because of the feelings I would have while down there

When we were living at my grandfathers my Mom use to hear my grandmother climbing the stairs late at night speaking in Italian 8 years after she passed away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 06:17 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,312,703 times
Quote:
Oh man, I feel terrible for the guy who killed himself and is still there. I wonder what he was trying to say?

Was this bright white figure also in the same apartment?
No, the white figure was in a house I lived in a few years later. I was sharing it with the same friend and a couple who were a bit older than us. The couple turned out to have a drug problem and not long after I saw the figure they had this huge fight where they literally tore the house apart and I was stuck there with no way to get out. The woman (as it turned out) was really jealous of me and thought that her boyfriend wanted me so she had me trapped in my room throwing knives at the door, yelling out "Are you scared yet? You should be, I should kill you". I was terrified, but I managed to get out. I never even had so much as a thought about her boyfriend BTW.

Just about every house I move to I feel something, some more pleasant than others. One house I lived in I could hear someone walking around every night. I knew it was the old lady who lived there before and had died. I know this wasn't in my head because I got engaged while I was living there and one night my fiance sat up in bed and said "is someone out there, I can hear someone walking" I said " It's just the old women who lived here before ". He looked at me as if I was a freak and insisted that it must have been my daughter. I told him to go look for himself and he found her fast asleep, he believed me after that because there was no denying the footsteps we could hear.

When I moved into this apartment things would turn off and on by themselves for a while but that has calmed down now and hasn't happened in a few months. I knew an old man, who was very kind to me when I first came back to town and had a special affection for my daughter. He died in a downstairs apartment in this building in a tragic accident and I often wonder if it was him welcoming me back and just saying hello.

I feel really silly writing about all this because I don't usually discuss it with people, I guess I don't want people thinking I'm crazy.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:52 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,700,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I do too, that's very sad.
I don't know what I believe about ghosts and the spirit world.
I do think it is possible for human "residue" to be left behind. I'm just not sure of the details.

Other than a sort of unexplainable feeling of a presence, I've never had contact with so-called 'spirits.'

I've heard a few first-hand experiences.
One was from a guy whose good friend accidentally OD'd on an alcohol/drug combo. It was sort of a bittersweet haunting. Three days after he died, he appeared, full body, but sort of see-though, to bid a rueful adieu.
He had not meant to kill himself--and he just sort of said 'sorry about that, goodbye.'

The other was from a very down-to-earth person who really doesn't believe on that sort of phenomena, or didn't use to.
She was visiting her sister, who was a college student renting a huge old home with other housemates. As soon as she got out of her car and looked up at the two-story house, she got a Bad Feeling. As she walked into the place and up the stairs, the sinister vibes just became worse and worse. Baffled and disturbed, she finally said something to her sister.
The sister beckoned to a closed door. She said they all got vague, uneasy sensations from that particular room, and always kept the door closed.
Nobody had ever seen anything.
They just had a *really* bad feeling.
Did the spirit of the guy who ODed say anything? Or did he just appear? I think its considered a "crisis apparition" when someone appears hour or days right after their death.

I watched a show on celebrity ghost encounters. Sammy Hagar was one of the ppl who talked about his experience. He said one night he, his wife and child were sleeping when there was a loud bang at the door. It was his estranged Father who was insistent on coming in but Sammy thought he was drunk and made him go away. Only a few minutes later did he get a call from his sister saying his Dad had just died over 500 miles away. That story just gives me chills.

It makes me also think that right after death your spirit is at its strongest. I think you have an option after you die to move on or remain in a certain place.

Last edited by CleanCutHippie; 06-06-2009 at 09:01 PM..

Old 06-06-2009, 08:55 PM

7,487 posts, read 7,998,593 times
I am not worthy of any visits from ghosts.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
A family member was staying at one of the houses he woke in the middle of the night and standing next to the bed was a large man wearing a plaid shirt ,suspenders and with a bushy white beard

He did some research and this man along with his brother had resided on the property over 10 years before

The times I stayed in this house (which was built in the 1800 every time I would go down into the cellar I had to leave the door propped open because of the feelings I would have while down there

When we were living at my grandfathers my Mom use to hear my grandmother climbing the stairs late at night speaking in Italian 8 years after she passed away
Sounds like a residual haunting with your grandmother. A residual haunting is just like a "tape recorder" as TAPS would say. Its just energy that does the same thing at the same time every day or night.

The guy with the white bushy beard sounds like he thinks its still his house. Doesn't l;ike the fact other ppl are there. Would scare the sh*t outta me...lol

Old 06-06-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
No, the white figure was in a house I lived in a few years later. I was sharing it with the same friend and a couple who were a bit older than us. The couple turned out to have a drug problem and not long after I saw the figure they had this huge fight where they literally tore the house apart and I was stuck there with no way to get out. The woman (as it turned out) was really jealous of me and thought that her boyfriend wanted me so she had me trapped in my room throwing knives at the door, yelling out "Are you scared yet? You should be, I should kill you". I was terrified, but I managed to get out. I never even had so much as a thought about her boyfriend BTW.

Just about every house I move to I feel something, some more pleasant than others. One house I lived in I could hear someone walking around every night. I knew it was the old lady who lived there before and had died. I know this wasn't in my head because I got engaged while I was living there and one night my fiance sat up in bed and said "is someone out there, I can hear someone walking" I said " It's just the old women who lived here before ". He looked at me as if I was a freak and insisted that it must have been my daughter. I told him to go look for himself and he found her fast asleep, he believed me after that because there was no denying the footsteps we could hear.

When I moved into this apartment things would turn off and on by themselves for a while but that has calmed down now and hasn't happened in a few months. I knew an old man, who was very kind to me when I first came back to town and had a special affection for my daughter. He died in a downstairs apartment in this building in a tragic accident and I often wonder if it was him welcoming me back and just saying hello.

I feel really silly writing about all this because I don't usually discuss it with people, I guess I don't want people thinking I'm crazy.
Your not crazy. The bottom line is ghosts are real. All living creatures have energy and upon our expiration that energy has to go somewhere. You might be a person who is very sensitive to the spirit world. Interestingly enough I find that ppl who had "difficult" lives or experiences seem to be more sensitive to the spirit world then others. Perhaps because the spirits themselves are often victims? Makes me wonder.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:42 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,312,703 times
Quote:
Your not crazy. The bottom line is ghosts are real. All living creatures have energy and upon our expiration that energy has to go somewhere. You might be a person who is very sensitive to the spirit world. Interestingly enough I find that ppl who had "difficult" lives or experiences seem to be more sensitive to the spirit world then others. Perhaps because the spirits themselves are often victims? Makes me wonder.
This is where I have difficulty with the topic because to describe it as a spirit world implies that there are conscious beings in spirit that we can't (and sometimes can) see. I don't see how anyone can accept this as a certainty because there are many possible explanations that are equally valid.

Some suggest it is something akin to a photographic or holographic imprint on that space that is only visible in certain conditions by those who have a sensitivity to those conditions. The energy left behind from an individual, but not conscious, just an image. Although this does not explain auditory phenomena.

Others have suggested that is a projection from the viewer themselves , psychokinesis I think it is called, which is an interesting area of study but totally unproved. Perhaps those who have difficulty in their life have an abundance of suppressed energy that finds its outlet in these ways, I can relate to that because this would fit with my frame of mind at the time of my experiences. This would also fit with crisis apparitions, like a distress beacon being sent out in some way.

The mind is a very interesting thing and I'm really enjoying studying it. I know these phenomena are very real, but the cause is still obscure. Wouldn't it be interesting to be able to find out for sure exactly what it is? Many have tried but no one has succeeded yet. I'm still open minded as to what it really is.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:01 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,001,745 times
Quote:
Did the spirit of the guy who ODed say anything? Or did he just appear? I think its considered a "crisis apparition" when someone appears hour or days right after their death.
I don't think he spoke. But I was under the impression that the death was indeed accidental, and that the OD guy was sort of apologizing and saying goodbye.
You and Lady Ice make a lot of sense with your descriptions and definitions.
I agree that the phenomena is real, yet the cause is obscure.
A few years ago I read a biography of someone who, in the last century, with a couple partners, spent years and years trying to debunk false "sightings" but also investigating what might be true paranormal experiences. Many, many stories (and some mediums) were proved fake.
However, there were a few that appeared to be genuine. I no longer have the book but will try to remember the title.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:26 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,210,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Since they are not real no one can post a true story.

And you "KNOW" this because....???

I think that anything is possible. I believe ghosts/spirits do exist. I believe in angels both in human form and not. I believe that it is likely that there are other living beings out in the universe. I believe this because no one has satisfactorily proved to me that they don't. Your statement is not fact only your opinion. You are entitled to that as I am entitled to mine.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:38 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,515,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I do too, that's very sad.
I don't know what I believe about ghosts and the spirit world.
I do think it is possible for human "residue" to be left behind. I'm just not sure of the details.

Other than a sort of unexplainable feeling of a presence, I've never had contact with so-called 'spirits.'

I've heard a few first-hand experiences.
One was from a guy whose good friend accidentally OD'd on an alcohol/drug combo. It was sort of a bittersweet haunting. Three days after he died, he appeared, full body, but sort of see-though, to bid a rueful adieu.
He had not meant to kill himself--and he just sort of said 'sorry about that, goodbye.'

The other was from a very down-to-earth person who really doesn't believe on that sort of phenomena, or didn't use to.
She was visiting her sister, who was a college student renting a huge old home with other housemates. As soon as she got out of her car and looked up at the two-story house, she got a Bad Feeling. As she walked into the place and up the stairs, the sinister vibes just became worse and worse. Baffled and disturbed, she finally said something to her sister.
The sister beckoned to a closed door. She said they all got vague, uneasy sensations from that particular room, and always kept the door closed.
Nobody had ever seen anything.
They just had a *really* bad feeling.
Did they ever open it? Did they move out asap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

Did your mom ever try to talk to your grandmother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal