U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Back in New York
1,104 posts, read 3,490,867 times
Reputation: 860

Advertisements

Would love to hear your true stories and experiences with the paranormal. Ever lived with a ghost or encounter one?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Virginia-Shenandoah Valley
7,286 posts, read 12,062,574 times
Reputation: 6729
Since they are not real no one can post a true story.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:17 AM
 
4,354 posts, read 5,710,711 times
Reputation: 10416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Since they are not real no one can post a true story.
The phenomenon is very real, whether you believe they are deceased people or not is another matter entirely. I have had "encounters" with ghosts but I don't know for sure what it is. One thing I do know is that once you have had an experience of this description you cannot say again that there is no such thing. I think it's incredably rude to say that, because you have not had an experience, anyone who has is not telling the truth.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 04:51 AM
 
Location: NE Florida
17,835 posts, read 30,907,706 times
Reputation: 43376
I have family members who have had encounters. One family member actually owned 2 houses that had resident ghosts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Back in New York
1,104 posts, read 3,490,867 times
Reputation: 860
My cousin has a ghost boy that has been seen in his house on a few occasions. Full body apparation. My cousin built his house from the ground up years ago so my guess is either the boy died on that spot or there was another house there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Back in New York
1,104 posts, read 3,490,867 times
Reputation: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
I have family members who have had encounters. One family member actually owned 2 houses that had resident ghosts.
Really did he/she ever make contact with them?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Back in New York
1,104 posts, read 3,490,867 times
Reputation: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
The phenomenon is very real, whether you believe they are deceased people or not is another matter entirely. I have had "encounters" with ghosts but I don't know for sure what it is. One thing I do know is that once you have had an experience of this description you cannot say again that there is no such thing. I think it's incredably rude to say that, because you have not had an experience, anyone who has is not telling the truth.
I think they are deceased creatures. Humans or otherwise. I just wonder why it seems some don't leave to wherever it is we go after death? I know sometimes its related to dramatic/premature death but I don't think that can explain all the cases.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 10:21 AM
 
4,354 posts, read 5,710,711 times
Reputation: 10416
One experience I had was when I was living in a very small one room apartment with a friend. We were still teenagers and had just moved out of home and had single beds on either side of the room. I couldn't sleep one night and was laying awake. I wanted to put the light on and read but I didn't want to be inconsiderate to my friend. The moonlight was fairly strong in the room and I could see a shadow approach the side of my bed. It had a male energy and he crouched down over me and was trying to say something to me but I could not understand what he was saying. I sat up and yelled at my friend to turn the light on, the poor girl nearly jumped out of her skin, but I was beyond being polite at that stage.

The next day we were chatting to a neighbor and he said that the previous tennent of the apartment was a young guy who had killed himself in there. We moved out not long after that.

I had another one where there was a bright white figure standing in the room. There was no sense of communication, nor did I feel like I should be scared. I just sort of stood there looking until it disappeared. After it disappeared I thought that I should feel scared but I distinctly remember the figure having a very calm aura. With events that followed not long after that, I often wonder if this was a warning or a reassurance of some kind that I was looked after, because my life was threatened not long after seeing it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Back in New York
1,104 posts, read 3,490,867 times
Reputation: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
One experience I had was when I was living in a very small one room apartment with a friend. We were still teenagers and had just moved out of home and had single beds on either side of the room. I couldn't sleep one night and was laying awake. I wanted to put the light on and read but I didn't want to be inconsiderate to my friend. The moonlight was fairly strong in the room and I could see a shadow approach the side of my bed. It had a male energy and he crouched down over me and was trying to say something to me but I could not understand what he was saying. I sat up and yelled at my friend to turn the light on, the poor girl nearly jumped out of her skin, but I was beyond being polite at that stage.

The next day we were chatting to a neighbor and he said that the previous tennent of the apartment was a young guy who had killed himself in there. We moved out not long after that.

I had another one where there was a bright white figure standing in the room. There was no sense of communication, nor did I feel like I should be scared. I just sort of stood there looking until it disappeared. After it disappeared I thought that I should feel scared but I distinctly remember the figure having a very calm aura. With events that followed not long after that, I often wonder if this was a warning or a reassurance of some kind that I was looked after, because my life was threatened not long after seeing it.
Oh man, I feel terrible for the guy who killed himself and is still there. I wonder what he was trying to say?

Was this bright white figure also in the same apartment?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 02:33 PM
 
Location: in the southwest
13,394 posts, read 42,203,562 times
Reputation: 13461
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Oh man, I feel terrible for the guy who killed himself and is still there. I wonder what he was trying to say?
I do too, that's very sad.
I don't know what I believe about ghosts and the spirit world.
I do think it is possible for human "residue" to be left behind. I'm just not sure of the details.

Other than a sort of unexplainable feeling of a presence, I've never had contact with so-called 'spirits.'

I've heard a few first-hand experiences.
One was from a guy whose good friend accidentally OD'd on an alcohol/drug combo. It was sort of a bittersweet haunting. Three days after he died, he appeared, full body, but sort of see-though, to bid a rueful adieu.
He had not meant to kill himself--and he just sort of said 'sorry about that, goodbye.'

The other was from a very down-to-earth person who really doesn't believe on that sort of phenomena, or didn't use to.
She was visiting her sister, who was a college student renting a huge old home with other housemates. As soon as she got out of her car and looked up at the two-story house, she got a Bad Feeling. As she walked into the place and up the stairs, the sinister vibes just became worse and worse. Baffled and disturbed, she finally said something to her sister.
The sister beckoned to a closed door. She said they all got vague, uneasy sensations from that particular room, and always kept the door closed.
Nobody had ever seen anything.
They just had a *really* bad feeling.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top