Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:15 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
nearly dead is not at all the same as dead. The stories I give crediblity to are those who died if even for a few seconds or couple of minutes before being brought back.
Sometimes people who have one foot in the grave,so to speak, but who`s heart has not completely stopped can have very real experiences. They are not fully alive but sort of hovering between life and death.
The bottom line is....nobody knows 100% how, what, when, or why. Some people see nothing, some have vivid experiences, some experiences are different than others. Noone really knows for sure. For those that have experienced something, then their experience is real to them though it may be different from someone elses. So who can say what`s real, what`s imagined, what`s hallucinations, etc. If everyone had the same exact experience, then we would have a good idea. But that`s not the case. So noone can say with absolute 100% certainty what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 04:31 PM

42 posts, read 103,070 times
I read a book about it called Evidence of the Afterlife, Jeffrey Long, one of the similarities it has with reincarnation is the life review, but NDE is easier to prove than reincarnation.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:50 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Good site: near-death.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
No NDE here....sorta, but not sure if I am willing to share that experience.
Now past lives...have a bunch of those. The most interesting was were my online tarot group got together for a study. We would exchange readings, everyone using the same spread as part of the study. We decided 'let's see what comes up if we look into past lives!'
Some in the group were not really convinced of reincarnation but were totally willing out of fun and curiosity. The woman that did my reading told me that I had been quite the tomboy, that I hid my gender to enlist in the military. Fellow soldiers eventually discovered this, but did not care or say a word because I was 'one of the guys' (in all ways but one). I would die from a wound received in battle, I was struck with a spear or sword in the rib/under the arm/about the shoulder area.
There was also a love interest, best of buds doing everything together.

Everything she saw is mirrored in my current life. And as how it works with Karma, I died a traumatic death early in that life time, so did my lover in this life time.....she did not know this. Nor did she know that I am a bit guy-like in my skills and interests. Total tomboy, mom thought I'd grow up to race cars.
I did not think anything of the injury that would take my life much, it fit into the story. But nothing in my life so far to mirror that until one day....when looking in the mirror...
I was trying to cut my hair, which is really long. In the bathroom naked, did not want hair in my shorts and was going to shower anyway...I'm with my back to the mirror, trying to get a view of my hair and what to cut, in twisting around to look in the mirror, with my arm up with the hair brush, I discover a birthmark I had never knew I had, in the exact place that was told to me in the reading. It was only slightly darker than my usual skin color, eye shaped but long. It looked just like a wound that would have been made by being pierced with a blade or spear.
While I lean towards the concept of past-lives and have read some compelling journals and accounts, I'm still in question about it.
But wow, oh wow, when I saw that birthmark....I did not know about it, how could she have known about it?
Birthmarks at the site of a past life trauma such as bullets or stabbings are quite common, according to the extensive research on reincarnation by Ian Stevenson. He documented many instances of children remembering past lives, and quite a few of them had such birthmarks that were connected with a fatal injury.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:08 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
I've read "Closer To The Light"....................a very moving and wonderful book.

Melvin Morse - near-death experience research

Old 05-24-2012, 06:21 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
my nde was one i remember exactly--even tho it occurred over 40 years ago-----since no one ever had brought this experience out to the media then,being a super catholic,i told it to my priest---he informed me that i was probably hallucinating due to lack of oxygen----apparently since my account was so different than what the church taught at that time,i must have put a little knot in his knickers when i related what happened to me!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Good site: near-death.com

Birthmarks at the site of a past life trauma such as bullets or stabbings are quite common, according to the extensive research on reincarnation by Ian Stevenson. He documented many instances of children remembering past lives, and quite a few of them had such birthmarks that were connected with a fatal injury.
If you`re in a different body how would a birthmark be related to a different body in a different place in a different time? It`s the personality or spirit that gets reincarnated. I`m on the fence about the whole thing but when people start seeing proof of reincarnation in everything such as a birthmark,etc. then that`s the kind of thing that makes me skeptical. It always seems that people take things too far when trying to give proof or explanations for things they believe.
Just like ghost. There are people that see a ghost in every movement , sound, or something they can`t explain. Then others see the devil or demons in everything.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:58 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
If you`re in a different body how would a birthmark be related to a different body in a different place in a different time? It`s the personality or spirit that gets reincarnated. I`m on the fence about the whole thing but when people start seeing proof of reincarnation in everything such as a birthmark,etc. then that`s the kind of thing that makes me skeptical. It always seems that people take things too far when trying to give proof or explanations for things they believe.
Just like ghost. There are people that see a ghost in every movement , sound, or something they can`t explain. Then others see the devil or demons in everything.
It's simply a finding by Stevenson, he gathered the data first long before putting an interpretation. I suppose it has to do with trauma and the fact that spirit and body influence each other. After all we're not just "ghosts in the machine", we couldn't drive the damn things if there were no connection.

By the way, that last paragraph of yours is a bit insulting, I don't think anyone here is that foolish.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:53 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Thanks for the rep! Here it is! Sorry I was late. I went to bed and then to church this morning!

All nurses forum: Death-bed visions

Here's another from earlier years

All nurses forum: Deathbed visions

Hope you all read through it and enjoy! These thing are VERY real!
Thanks for the links, Allen!
Very interesting testimonies.

There seem to be two responses: great joy and great horror. At least according to these accounts.
However, I suppose that there are many who die who don't give any particular impression at all.

I do think, though, that God is everything loving, forgiving, giving, caring, full of gentleness, kindness, etc.
And it would seem that if we put ourselves in these "hands," we are as God wants us to be.

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-25-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's simply a finding by Stevenson, he gathered the data first long before putting an interpretation. I suppose it has to do with trauma and the fact that spirit and body influence each other. After all we're not just "ghosts in the machine", we couldn't drive the damn things if there were no connection.

By the way, that last paragraph of yours is a bit insulting, I don't think anyone here is that foolish.
Nothing I write is meant to be offensive. I am a bit of a skeptic and I propose questions to people who have a particular belief..no matter what that belief is, as a way of trying to understand it. Perhaps I can gain some insight into something I never thought about before. I am open to the possibility of ghost and reincarnation, etc. As a matter of fact, I can see how reincarnation can be plausible. I`ve done a lot of reading on the subject. But sometimes I think people go too far in trying to show reasons for their belief...such as a birthmark on a physical body. Could be true..but I see nothing wrong with asking questions. I have no problem with people asking me questions about my beliefs. I welcome it actually. It means they are interested.

As far as the last statement I made in that previous post,you must not read many post on CD. But I`m not only talking about just CD but radio shows and other paranormal sites that I have read.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:59 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
No. Have not yet come close to dying. Have had several OBE's though that included dead loved ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal