U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:59 AM

30 posts, read 66,823 times

Advertisements

I am sure if there really are then you already knew I was going to post this!!! Seriously If you have the gift of any kind of sixth sense I wanna chat!

Last edited by 2goldens; 08-11-2009 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: Moved from Other Topics. Not sure where this goes .. too much controversial for Other Topics
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 AM

2,637 posts, read 6,215,837 times
Wink Spooky, no?

I am. I know that you are a human being (probably of either the male or female variety) and reside on planet known as Earth in the Milky Way galaxy. You own or have access to a computer with internet access and have been known to post on message boards. Also, the colour of your hair can be found by mixing a combination of the primary colours.

I am available for weddings, bar mitzvahs and parties and charge $30 per hour.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:40 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,559,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeow View Post
I am sure if there really are then you already knew I was going to post this!!! Seriously If you have the gift of any kind of sixth sense I wanna chat!

now I don't want to sound nasty but I think what I have to say might come across a bit off I don't mean to be.

Everyone is psychic to some extent it is like riding a bike you have to practice to understand it be able to use it.

I can tell from you first line "then you already knew I was going to post this" that you have no real clue as to what a real psychic is or how it honestly works. You might even subscribe to the theory of the all knowing all seeing swamee type of psychic mombo jumbo or that a 'real' psychic should be always right and correct 100% of the time or even that they know things before it happens. Unfortunately that is now how it all works.

Too many flim-flam artists out there try to sell themselves off as psychics. I would make a huge suggestion if you are wanting answers to problems then read up on how you might be able seek out your own answers. there all there for you just wainting to be discovered. Edgar Cayce, Sylvia Brown and Silver Ravenwolf were great starts for me to understand the area of enlightenment.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM

52,842 posts, read 31,130,373 times
Quote:
Is there any real psychics?
Phychics... Don't they keep those at a mental hospital? I also remember a movie when I was little kid, it came out in the 1960's, it was Alfred Hitchcok's Phychic...

Sorry, I'm a Christian, and I don't believe in that phychic or Psycho, or whatever it is.. stuff.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:53 PM

1,507 posts, read 2,868,452 times
there are psychics out there--trouble is the ones that toot their own horn are usually phonies or like sylvia brown--milking the public for as much as they can

Old 08-07-2009, 06:21 PM

25,710 posts, read 25,212,057 times
Cant say Im psychic, in the term of being a 'fortune-teller' or 'future-reader' but I cant count the number of times that dreams have told me something, whether they pertained to me, or to someone else, and without saying anything to anyone about it, they have come true.
We were visitng the cemetary about a year ago, just walking around, looking at the gravestones and trying to guess what happened to certain ones, where they died at such a young age. Just guessing.
One in particular still sticks to me, a 7 yr old girl. That grave seemed to keep 'pulling me back' to it (not physically, but curiosity), something kept telling me it wasnt sickness, it was something horribly tragic, and whatever it was, it wasnt quick. I just 'felt' it, a very strong 'vibe', a closeness to this little girl. I know it sounds weird, but.....
To this day, we've pretty much forgotten most of that walk that day, but somehow, for some reason, from time to time, that one particular little girl's grave lurks in my mind.
Maybe it doesnt mean anything, but just one of many experiences.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:04 PM

2,637 posts, read 6,215,837 times
Okies, sorry I joked if you wanted to be serious. I'd have posted this earlier but I had to go to work. I did actually have a real experience once so make of it what you will.

When I was 2 or 3-ish my mum and her dad (my grandad) took me along to visit the grave of my long dead great grandma (my grandad's mum). She was particularly dear to our side of the family but she died shortly before I was born and I had never been to her grave before and wasn't old enough to read epitaphs. I probably wasn't even old enough to know her proper name at the time. As soon as we arrived through the gates of the graveyard, however, I bolted and ran through all the graves to the very back corner, knelt down next to a headstone and kissed it. It was my grandma's. There's no way I could have known prior because I had never been before and we were nowhere near it in the graveyard when I took off running so my family has put it down to either some psychic connection or my grandma's spirit 'calling out' to me. Either way, it's a pretty neat little story.

Sorry if I upset you earlier with my first post. I didn't mean to make light of your question or anything. No hard feelings.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 AM

30 posts, read 66,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post
Okies, sorry I joked if you wanted to be serious. I'd have posted this earlier but I had to go to work. I did actually have a real experience once so make of it what you will.

When I was 2 or 3-ish my mum and her dad (my grandad) took me along to visit the grave of my long dead great grandma (my grandad's mum). She was particularly dear to our side of the family but she died shortly before I was born and I had never been to her grave before and wasn't old enough to read epitaphs. I probably wasn't even old enough to know her proper name at the time. As soon as we arrived through the gates of the graveyard, however, I bolted and ran through all the graves to the very back corner, knelt down next to a headstone and kissed it. It was my grandma's. There's no way I could have known prior because I had never been before and we were nowhere near it in the graveyard when I took off running so my family has put it down to either some psychic connection or my grandma's spirit 'calling out' to me. Either way, it's a pretty neat little story.

Sorry if I upset you earlier with my first post. I didn't mean to make light of your question or anything. No hard feelings.
No hard feelings at all and that is a great story.
Thanks

Old 08-09-2009, 01:07 PM

43,856 posts, read 46,309,507 times
The Bible has a great deal to say about people who have the gift of Prophecy, dreams, etc. So, obviously there are spiritual applications in this area that are available to mankind. Problem is, IF that gift isn't used to give glory to God, it can often lead people into an a spiritual area they don't need to be in due to a lack of knowledge of what they are goofing with.

So, I won't say it doesn't exist, because it does, but unless someone is called by God to operate in those gifts, they are better left alone.

This is not to be confused with 'intuition' that mothers, friends, spouses often share. (This also being a gift from God.)

NOTE: This is only my personal opinion.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:13 PM

15,583 posts, read 38,017,033 times
I'm not sure whether I believe in psychics or not. I watch these shows on Tru TV about psychics who find missing people or can lead investigators to a dead body, but I was raised to believe all of this is from the devil. I have a really hard time believing that finding a missing child is "from the devil". So, I am confused about the whole matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal