U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:34 PM

113 posts, read 243,015 times

Advertisements

I've had a couple of strange experiences that have left me wondering whether Ghosts, or some kind of spiritual thing exists. Although, on the one hand I believe through these experiences that 'something' does exists. I still remain sceptical, to a degree. Was it my imagination, even though the experience is very vivid. What's your, if any, experience?

Last edited by 2goldens; 08-11-2009 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: Moved from Other Topics into Philosophy
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 08:55 PM

1,367 posts, read 3,049,170 times
I believe there are spirits, some call them ghosts. The bible says they exist and so many people claim to have had experiences. What "couple strange experiences" have you had?

Old 08-10-2009, 08:16 PM

About 8 years ago I spent a long weekend with some friends in Southern Ireland. The place that we were staying at was an old and very large once vicarage. This house was 200 + years old and it was like stepping back in time as soon as you walked through the front door. There were 2 storeys to the front of the building and 3 storeys from the back. The ground floor from the back entrance would have originally housed the servants and there was thee hugest kitchen which had the main stairway outside leading up to the main living quarters. These stairs would have had a lot of action in their day because they were all worn down in the middle.

My bedroom was on the top floor which was a maze of hallways with century old doors leading to bedrooms and bathrooms.

The second night I was there I was woken up by a male figure stood just inside the open bedroom door, which I know I shut, who told me it was time to get up. At that point I assumed it was My friends hubby or one of the other residents who shared the house, so I told him to give another 10 mins and I would. I was really tired and have no idea how much longer I slept but eventually woke, got up only to find it was 7.30 am and everybody else was still in bed sleeping. later that morning I asked, at breakfast, what bright spark woke me, nobody new what I was talking about. I know someone was in my room !! I also experienced the feeling of someone else in the kitchen with me in the morning, heard them moving around and footsteps, even though I was alone. The thing that sticks with me the most is the sheer lack of fear whilst experiencing this. I felt totally at ease and happy the entire time I was there almost to point where I was at the most peice ever.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:35 PM

The second experience was in my own home although I didn't experience it. I owned a cottage in Cornwall, England for 12 years. It was 150 + years old and for the entire time I lived there had never experienced anything strange other that things going missing for months and then turning up in places, I know, I had looked, I put it down to my absent mindedness or the kids. Howevever, everyone, including my parents, experienced something there, my mum swears she has seen a lady many times, so has my sister. My father stayed once and would never return. He claimed whatever was there sat on him and forced him to stay down while he was trying to get up. Friends who have stayed over have seen an odd fuzzy foggy type presents hanging around thier beds. I loved my cottage, my children never complained of seeing things.??? My ex-husband also believes the place was haunted and has claimed to have felt something there many times and seen an old lady. How strange is that??

Old 08-11-2009, 08:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,983 times
I think you actually feel them. Well, i already experienced few times. I saw the bottle of glass moving without anyone moving it and a guy standing on my rooms ladder. I freak out but i just pray for them.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:27 AM

13 posts, read 45,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golds View Post
I think you actually feel them. Well, i already experienced few times. I saw the bottle of glass moving without anyone moving it and a guy standing on my rooms ladder. I freak out but i just pray for them.

Ok ghosts are satan and his evil demons and get that strait and please be advised your dead loved ones are not GHOSTS THEY ARE ASLEEP SOUND ASLEEP IN THE PLACE THE LORD DOES PUT THEM TO SLEEP AS FOR THE END THEN THE DEAD ARE AWAKENED AND THEY ARE BROUGHT UP TO SEE THE LORD WHEN HE DOES COME AGAIN AND THEN THEY ARE JUDGED AND ACCORDING TO THE WILL OF OUR GOD. So GOT IT NOW !

Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 AM

2,893 posts, read 5,499,271 times
Our family dog just died a few days ago and I swear I saw him lying in his favorite spot on the floor the next day. Of course, that could never be my brain incorporating an expected pattern into it's visual recognitions as efficient pre-processing of visual data. It must mean ghosts are real.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,495,153 times
Ghosts are former humans in the spirit world that have either lost their way or have unfinished business. They cannot harm you. The best way to get rid of them is to talk to them and tell them to look for the brighter spirits because they can help. Sometimes dark spirits do tend to cause trouble but that is all. They can't hurt you.
Our love for our family will keep them close as well. It's best to just let them go and let them move on so that tey can progress. If we hang on to them, they won't move forwad.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:56 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,939,579 times
The mind can do a lot of things under the right circumstances. The other people who stayed at this cottage, did they know beforehand the place was haunted?

The man who was forced to stay down and couldn't move, this wasn't just as he was waking up was it?

I could make up a scary story to a bunch of people about a house, and if they were to stay the night there, I guarantee many would think they're hearing things, seeing things, or experiencing something weird while in the house.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:54 PM

4,669 posts, read 5,348,797 times
I believe that ghosts are as varied in circumstances as the currently embodied are. It's a fascinating subject.

Many schools of thought :

The Spirit World
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal