Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is absolutely remarkable that other people do not see what is in front of their very noses. How much 'weight of evidence' do you need to believe. It seems that no amount will allow you to step outside of the cosy world where everything is as it should be, and your boat sails peacefully down the river of life.

Not everyone wants the publicity and ridicule from public and peers alike that follows from talking to ufo/alien researchers. The people who have testified within the Disclosure Project are some of the most upright, honest and trustworthy people you can imagine. Many of them have had our life in their hands, and when they say they have seen things in the course of their work for the government - why should they lie?

Do you suppose they have anything to gain? I do not see vast sums of money coming their way and it can only harm, rather than help their chances of getting a better position in the military or scientific community.
How much "wieght of evidence"?

How about just a few ounces?

You Mythers have offered absolutely nothing in the way of evidence. Evidence does not constitute4 fuzzy and/or photoshpped images, "testimony" from unrealiable sources, outlandish claims and guesses like "just look at their faces while they were being interviewed".

Yet you cannot offer a simple and valid "why", nor can you offer an explination of "how", how a g'ment that cannot even keep top secret domestic spying programs under wraps could somehow magically keep aliens a secret for nearly half a century over several administrations, especially considering the pure numbers of people involved.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if this whole conspiracy myth has been picked up and dusted off by the Scientologists as a way to justify and substantiate their so-called religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 03:03 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
It is absolutely remarkable that other people do not see what is in front of their very noses. How much 'weight of evidence' do you need to believe. It seems that no amount will allow you to step outside of the cosy world where everything is as it should be, and your boat sails peacefully down the river of life.

Not everyone wants the publicity and ridicule from public and peers alike that follows from talking to ufo/alien researchers. The people who have testified within the Disclosure Project are some of the most upright, honest and trustworthy people you can imagine. Many of them have had our life in their hands, and when they say they have seen things in the course of their work for the government - why should they lie?

Do you suppose they have anything to gain? I do not see vast sums of money coming their way and it can only harm, rather than help their chances of getting a better position in the military or scientific community.
How can you be so concerned about science and so rabidly defend this stuff? It's NOT proof of anything. People's brains are hardwired to recognize faces from infancy and will easily interpret things that just aren't there. Go on google earth and look at the martian face. It doesn't have the crappy picture superimposed on it, and it's surrounded by other hills that have been similarly weathered but are obviously natural in orgin. Same with the moon "pyramids".

A better UFO debate could be made of the Phoenix lights, the Belgium "triangles" or the Rendlesham forest incident. Blind belief in martian faces or moon pyramids with the kind of information we all have access to today is positively midevil.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Chango wrote:
Quote:
A better UFO debate could be made of the Phoenix lights, the Belgium "triangles" or the Rendlesham forest incident.
I'll agree with you on the last two incidents, they do seem to be perplexing and there were many credible witnesses. However, the Phoenix lights have clearly been proven to be military flares and videos of the lights when examined very closely reveal that they were moving independently from each other and not attached to the underside of a much larger vessel. This is an example in which many people will refuse to accept a logical explanation that has been documented to be true and will instead continue to cling to a false belief.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:19 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Chango wrote:

I'll agree with you on the last two incidents, they do seem to be perplexing and there were many credible witnesses. However, the Phoenix lights have clearly been proven to be military flares and videos of the lights when examined very closely reveal that they were moving independently from each other and not attached to the underside of a much larger vessel. This is an example in which many people will refuse to accept a logical explanation that has been documented to be true and will instead continue to cling to a false belief.
Do some research, hundreds, if not thousands of people (including the former governer, who first made fun of the incident but then recanted) saw a physical object that was black, boomerang shaped, insanely huge and lined with lights that floated silently across the valley at very low altitude. It was not just lights in the distance.

Many witnesses said it's surface appeared to ripple like cloth, making me suspect it may have been a giant blimp and maybe not so extraterrestrial after all. But there is also no evidence the military has a mile wide boomerage blimp and I have no idea where they could hide something like that. So, who knows?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Do some research, hundreds, if not thousands of people (including the former governer, who first made fun of the incident but then recanted) saw a physical object that was black, boomerang shaped, insanely huge and lined with lights that floated silently across the valley at very low altitude. It was not just lights in the distance.

Many witnesses said it's surface appeared to ripple like cloth, making me suspect it may have been a giant blimp and maybe not so extraterrestrial after all. But there is also no evidence the military has a mile wide boomerage blimp and I have no idea where they could hide something like that. So, who knows?
The "Pheonix Lights" are an admitted hoax, perpetrated in the same manner as the "New Jersey Lights".

They were road flares tied to helium balloons.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:38 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
The "Pheonix Lights" are an admitted hoax, perpetrated in the same manner as the "New Jersey Lights".

They were road flares tied to helium balloons.
Really? Lame. I mean I didn't think they were spacecraft, but maybe helicopters in formation or something like that. I haven't really read much on them. Now I have to go look!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:43 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,229 times
ha ha I see how you skeptics ignored more post showing all the quotes

Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Chango wrote:
Quote:
There was an excellent documentary on the Phoenix lights quite awhile back and it clearly showed that the individual lights were shifting their positions in relation to each other. If they were really attached to a huge boomerang shaped object then the distances between the lights would always be the same but clearly they were not. People were also mistaken about the distance of the lights. These lights were not floating across metro Phoenix as many people claimed, they were much further away and when the videos were examined from the same locations that they were originally taken from it was apparent that as the lights went out one by one it was because they were actually dropping below the mountain on the horizon which obscured the view. That mountain was much further in the distance than the observers had thought they were. I just don't think this particular case amounts to anything while the other two you mentioned have never been explained.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:17 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,836 times
Quote:
It is interesting that no-one appears to have heard of "Steven Greer". I assume it was Dr Steven Greer, better known as founder of the Disclosure Project, which is collecting evidence of UFO and alien contact. It does this primarily by way of interviews and testimonies by a group of military and scientific personnel who have come into contact with aliens and ufos whilst working for the government.
I have. He is very interesting. He spoke on campus here about 10 years ago. I don't think he is a liar.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
ha ha I see how you skeptics ignored more post showing all the quotes
Cherry picked quotes, quotes taken out of context, and fabricated quotes is no evidence, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal