Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Come on bro, expand the obvious demographic ... Disclosure will in effect change everything, not just the "fundi" christian paradigm.
If everything is disclosed, then yes. Our financial system, religion, science, transportation, health care; everything will change in ways that few can imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Why? Jesus said "I have sheep that are not of this fold."
If you pay close enough attention to the Jesus story, Jesus himself was "not of this fold". He did have a mysterious sky daddy ya know. Once folks begin to make the ET/religious figures connection, religion as we know it will die. Some folks will try to "shoehorn" ET disclosure into their faith (which is perfectly fine IMO). However, the majority of folks on Earth with simply let the faith go, allow their consciousness to expand, and live their lives based on their newly found reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 11:57 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
It is my personal opinion that those who believe in UFOs, the Apollo conspiracy "theory", creationism, ID, an expanding Earth, a hollow Earth, and/or a flat Earth have turned off some major cognitve switch in their heads. Time to re-boot.
While I do think some UFOs might be hoaxes or secret military aircraft; I don't see why you feel that there might not be intelligent life out there with so many star systems and galaxies. Also, while eyewitness testimony isn't considered scientific I think it's intriguing how astronauts like buzz aldrin and commercial airpilots (they have recordings between pilots and airport towers, though the airlines refuse to speak of such events) have reported objects flying by their planes or in the case of buzz by his space capsule. In the recordings the pilots report that the objects appear to be following them or flying around them even though the airport says they see nothing on their radars.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:28 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,213,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
While I do think some UFOs might be hoaxes or secret military aircraft; I don't see why you feel that there might not be intelligent life out there with so many star systems and galaxies. Also, while eyewitness testimony isn't considered scientific I think it's intriguing how astronauts like buzz aldrin and commercial airpilots (they have recordings between pilots and airport towers, though the airlines refuse to speak of such events) have reported objects flying by their planes or in the case of buzz by his space capsule. In the recordings the pilots report that the objects appear to be following them or flying around them even though the airport says they see nothing on their radars.

Dude, I never said I don't think there is intelligent life out there. The Issue is if they've ever visited us. The point is that farmer Bob in Kansas may be a god-fearing man, the most honest person anyone has ever met, but we still need PHYSICAL evidence that a UFO landed in his corn field.

I'm a geologist who has also been an anateur astrophotographer for most of my adult life (I'm 53). I observe the skies every dark night that I can, often until dawn. I've never seen anything that I couldn't explain, EVER. One problem is that most sightings are made by people who aren't trained sky observers. And I can't tell you how many pilots have thought they were chasing a UFO only to discover that it was the planet Venus, which often appears to bounce around in the sky when it is low on the horizon due to atmospheric disturbance.

As far as I'm concered, there simply is no scientific argument to be made with respect to extraterrestial intelligence having ever visited our planet.

As for Buzz Aldren, he may be a national hero, but he also thinks that Noah's Ark was real.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:04 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
As for Buzz Aldren, he may be a national hero, but he also thinks that Noah's Ark was real.
Just a slight correction. I think it's James Irwin who's gung-ho about Noah's Ark.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:54 AM

You may be right, I don't know. I was thinking it was Buzz Aldrin. At any rate, the notion that Apollo astronauts saw UFOs poses a bit of a problem for the moon hoaxers, doesn't it? I mean, how could they have seen anything if the Moon program never really happened?

Old 08-25-2011, 08:37 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
You may be right, I don't know. I was thinking it was Buzz Aldrin.
James Irwin's post-NASA stint included expeditions to Mt. Ararat in Turkey to search for Noah's Ark. He failed to find it. It was related to an anomoly photographed from space which looked like a ship, but turned out to be a rock formation.
James Irwin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heroic and feisty Aldrin made the news for clocking a heckler in the honker who called the moon landing a hoax, and that Buzz is a liar, coward and a thief. Not the best way to greet Boxer Buzz.

Buzz Aldrin punch - YouTube

Quote:
At any rate, the notion that Apollo astronauts saw UFOs poses a bit of a problem for the moon hoaxers, doesn't it? I mean, how could they have seen anything if the Moon program never really happened?
A few upside down Dixie Cups dangling from string in Hanger 18 should do the trick. No one would be the wiser.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:39 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
Quote:
You may be right, I don't know. I was thinking it was Buzz Aldrin. At any rate, the notion that Apollo astronauts saw UFOs poses a bit of a problem for the moon hoaxers, doesn't it? I mean, how could they have seen anything if the Moon program never really happened?
Perhaps you're conflating different events involving astronauts. Buzz Aldrin made statements in 2005 that they (himself, Armstrong, Collins) saw a UFO en route to the moon. He later clarified that it was merely something they could not identify, but suspected was a jettisoned piece of hardware from the spacecraft. Of course, but by that time his initial statement had been transformed into "Buzz Aldrin saw aliens on the moon!".

Of course, on the lunar surface Aldrin drank some wine, believing it was the blood of a guy who died 2000 years ago, so I take Buzz Aldrin's opinions with a rather large grain of salt...

Old 08-25-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Perhaps you're conflating different events involving astronauts. Buzz Aldrin made statements in 2005 that they (himself, Armstrong, Collins) saw a UFO en route to the moon. He later clarified that it was merely something they could not identify, but suspected was a jettisoned piece of hardware from the spacecraft. Of course, but by that time his initial statement had been transformed into "Buzz Aldrin saw aliens on the moon!".

Of course, on the lunar surface Aldrin drank some wine, believing it was the blood of a guy who died 2000 years ago, so I take Buzz Aldrin's opinions with a rather large grain of salt...
I can relate.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:13 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Wow! It's true!
Under God: First Communion on the Moon - David Waters

Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Remember, the astronauts on the moon also pee'ed & poo'ed their pants while on the moon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal