Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 08:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Actually the governor admitted that he saw a craft as did others. He said he had never seen such a craft and has no knowledge of the military having anything like that. Also, he says that the story the military gave is false; they claim the lights were flares, but the flares weren't dropped until 10PM and the craft and lights started appearing at 8PM.
Are you attempting to say that because he is an elected official that his opinion has more credence. The military doesn't share information with governors about experimental aircraft being developed. As a governor he has developed no special observation skills to determine what the "unidentified" is, or to determine that the military is lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 12:12 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Are you attempting to say that because he is an elected official that his opinion has more credence. The military doesn't share information with governors about experimental aircraft being developed. As a governor he has developed no special observation skills to determine what the "unidentified" is, or to determine that the military is lying.
But there are records that show that the flares were in deed dropped at 10 PM, so what the people saw at 8PM were not flares. It could very well have been an experimental craft but considering the size of the craft and the fact it made no sound it makes you wonder.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times
Quote:
This Governor was also an ex-Vietnam airforce pilot. Here are two quotes from the man himself...
Quote:
It was enormous and inexplicable. Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too. It was dramatic. And it couldn't have been flares because it was too symmetrical. It had a geometric outline, a constant shape.
Quote:
I'm a pilot and I know just about every machine that flies. It was bigger than anything that I've ever seen. It remains a great mystery. Other people saw it, responsible people. I don't know why people would ridicule it.
Fife Symington III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite a few people with (and without) flight experience described this craft as being a "mile wide" (and NO, that was not a hyperbole). They actually meant a one mile wide craft. There is almost 5,300 ft in a mile. By comparison, the Empire State and Chrysler buildings (in NYC) combined could have fit on top of just half of this massive "Unidentified Flying Object".

Now ask yourself some reasonable questions (without assuming that it belongs to ET).

-Where on Earth would we build such a craft without it leaking out to the public?
-How could we fly such a craft low over a VERY populated city (and it didn't make a sound)?
-Where was this "secret craft" of "ours" during events like 9-11? Was THAT not important enough for "our" new silent flying cloaking war bird?
-If we do have such technology, why are we still driving cars; we should be flying?

In all honesty (ET or not) such a craft certainly proves that someone has technology that is not known to "the rest of us". So, either the military has something the size of a neighborhood that can fly , or we are being visited. Which one sounds "reasonable" to you?

FWIW, the French government came to a conclusion in a report known as the "Cometa Report". In it, high level members of the French government and intelligence community made it public that the "extraterrestrial hypothesis" is the most reasonable explanation for these unusual sightings that take place all over the world.

Not long after that, US military officials came forward during the Disclosure Project (which can be seen free of charge on youtube). Recently, US military officials came forward again live on CNN and basically said the same thing that the French had said (we also admitted to UFOs shutting down our nukes this time). That live report has been posted SEVERAL times on this thread (so there is no need to post it again unless someone who hasn't seen it wishes to see it).

Unlike "God" and his "angels", I can assure you that UFOs and the extraterrestrial hypothesis has plenty of evidence. The problem is not the evidence; it's us and our belief system of being the only thing in the neighborhood that lives. Through the years, we've learned so much about Earth, space, and the planets and stars. We've also learned that our neck of the woods here on Earth is relatively new (when compared to our neighbors). Clearly, if we are "new" and exists, then there could be something "older" that has existed much longer. IMO, those are the guys that are visiting; but much like we do with wild life here on Earth, we watch while doing our best not to get caught looking in (we want to see the animals act "natural" without human intervention).

Is it that hard to believe that others are doing the same to us? Is it really that hard for you? If it is, your mind is not as scientific as you may think it is. Science is for the open mind, not a closed one. It seems to me that you only use science when it is convenient for disproving the existence of things you simply don't believe in. News flash, when it comes to the discovery of beings more intelligent than us, our sciences just don't apply anymore. That is the flaw with our current science. We've left no room for the discovery of things that can not be explained with our current knowledge. This is a mistake and ET disclosure will expose this ideological mistake of ours for what it is (plain old fashioned arrogance).

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 09-14-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Old 09-14-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

Is it that hard to believe that others are doing the same to us? Is it really that hard for you? If it is, your mind is not as scientific as you may think it is. Science is for the open mind, not a closed one. It seems to me that you only use science when it is convenient for disproving the existence of things you simply don't believe in. News flash, when it comes to the discovery of beings more intelligent than us, our sciences just don't apply anymore. That is the flaw with our current science. We've left no room for the discovery of things that can not be explained with our current knowledge. This is a mistake and ET disclosure will expose this ideological mistake of ours for what it is (plain old fashioned arrogance).
I embrace science, I want there to be alien life, I am fascinated by the prospect of alien life "out there". But to believe that this little ant farm we call earth is interesting enough to a race that could travel here on a weekly or more frequent basis, unless perhaps we are a popular field trip for their grammar school kids exhibits a great deal of arrogance........... amusing maybe as they watch us battle over ancient superstitions, like the red ants and the black ants battles on National Geographic.

It's very possible that we are completely in the stone age with science, but that also means that they would view us as primitives living in the stone age. Are they following Starfleet's Prime Directive?

You are using the same tactics of the bible beaters when I reject their position based on a complete and utter lack of evidence, they also resort to attempts to insult my intelligence........... really for if that is all you got, you ain't got squat.

If you want to convince anyone, your need evidence, not hearsay and conspiracy theories.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I embrace science, I want there to be alien life, I am fascinated by the prospect of alien life "out there". But to believe that this little ant farm we call earth is interesting enough to a race that could travel here on a weekly or more frequent basis, unless perhaps we are a popular field trip for their grammar school kids exhibits a great deal of arrogance........... amusing maybe as they watch us battle over ancient superstitions, like the red ants and the black ants battles on National Geographic.

It's very possible that we are completely in the stone age with science, but that also means that they would view us as primitives living in the stone age. Are they following Starfleet's Prime Directive?

You are using the same tactics of the bible beaters when I reject their position based on a complete and utter lack of evidence, they also resort to attempts to insult my intelligence........... really for if that is all you got, you ain't got squat.

If you want to convince anyone, your need evidence, not hearsay and conspiracy theories.
Oh please. You've gotten plenty of evidence from respected researchers within this field (as well as high ranking military people and government officials). You've seen their faces, you've heard their stories, and you know that they have radar confirmation as well as actual landing site evidence (so let's cut the bull). The bottomline is you don't wish to believe that these people are telling you (and the rest of us) the truth. They "must be lying". They "must be on drugs". They "must be trying to sell us a book". Give me a break.

There's nothing wrong with asking for evidence (nothing at all), but a flat out denial (of the validity) of said evidence when presented by credible officials is on YOU. Your comment above about the "governor" (while ignoring the fact that he flew planes in a war) says it all.

But like I've stated in the past already, you don't believe that they visit us. Fine, let's agree to disagree and move on.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
agree to disagree.
All right! That made my list in the thread "Words or Phrases that you Hate" over in the writing forum.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
All right! That made my list in the thread "Words or Phrases that you Hate" over in the writing forum.
You've been told it THAT many times huh?

Old 09-14-2011, 09:19 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
You've been told it THAT many times huh?
Not really, just heard it many times, it is kind of meaningless if you break it down. (+) x (-) is still a (-). The desire for a semblance of at least some kind of "agreement" as a way to part ways cordially just seems to ring hollow when in fact there is no agreement. That's why it made the list. It's a fun thread. Thanks for the shout-out!

Last edited by PanTerra; 09-14-2011 at 09:34 PM..

Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Oh please. You've gotten plenty of evidence from respected researchers within this field (as well as high ranking military people and government officials). You've seen their faces, you've heard their stories, and you know that they have radar confirmation as well as actual landing site evidence (so let's cut the bull). The bottomline is you don't wish to believe that these people are telling you (and the rest of us) the truth. They "must be lying". They "must be on drugs". They "must be trying to sell us a book". Give me a break.
Not evidence, just what people think they saw. Crop circles? really
Realize that vision and radar are very similar, dependent upon the refraction or reflection of part of the electromagnetic spectrum to see in the part of the spectrum they use. The only unique thing about light is that is the part of the spectrum that our eyes can sense.

Government officials........ really........ many of them are completely loony tunes..... hell we even had a president that believed his invisible friend talked to him.

High ranking military people are just like everyone else, put their pants on one leg at a time. No mystical powers.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Not evidence, just what people think they saw. Crop circles? really
Realize that vision and radar are very similar, dependent upon the refraction or reflection of part of the electromagnetic spectrum to see in the part of the spectrum they use. The only unique thing about light is that is the part of the spectrum that our eyes can sense.

Government officials........ really........ many of them are completely loony tunes..... hell we even had a president that believed his invisible friend talked to him.

High ranking military people are just like everyone else, put their pants on one leg at a time. No mystical powers.
Radar confirmation is what debunks the "mass hallucination" hypothesis of many so called skeptics like yourself. As for crop circles and such; either you haven't been paying attention to the evidence presented on this thread or you haven't been paying attention to the evidence presented on this thread. Which one is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal