Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 05:06 AM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times

Advertisements

Yes, and I for one believe that the scientists are going to drop a large clanger when they make a 'teeny,tiny, little black hole'. I hope I am wrong, but boys playing with fire eventually burn themselves, and that is all it is - boys playing with grown-up toys and they do not understand how they work.

Hopfully the thing will break down again before they have a chance to suck us all in. I am not sure I am ready to go yet.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,229 times
I REST MY CASE:

The Book of Ezekiel in the Holy Bible.

I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north-- and immense cloud with flashing lighting and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man, but each of them had four faces and four wings.

Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had the hands of a man. All four of them had faces and wings, and their wings touched one another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved. (1:4-9)

Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. Such were their faces. Their wings were spread out upward; each had two wings, one touching the wing of another creature on either side, and two wings covering its body. Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning. (1:10-14)

As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not turn about as the creatures went. their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around. (1:15-18)

When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels... When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. (1:19-20, 24,) (New International Version)

Ezekiels wheels that have "eyes all around it". Its also a "wheel within a wheel" as it is described in the bible.

Ez. 1:13:
"As for the appearance of the living creatures they looked like burning coals of fire."
Dead Sea Scrolls:
"...and there were living beings inside of the coals, like burning coals of fire."
Ez. 10:15:
"The cherubim rose from the earth: These were the living creatures that I saw by the river of Chebar."
Ez. 1:20:
"..for there was a living Spirit inside of the wheels."
Ez. 1:16:

"The appearance of the wheels and their construction shape

The wheels were refered to as chariots in the scripture also (that means they were vehicles made of metal andshaped like wheels flying in the sky!) Ezekiel called the living creatures that were in the wheels "cherubim" AKA angels!

Last edited by gsoboi; 03-01-2010 at 10:53 AM..

Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
gsoboi wrote:
Quote:
Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze.
Yeah, those calves feet on a UFO are a dead giveaway that they're aliens from another planet.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north-- and immense cloud with flashing lighting and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man, but each of them had four faces and four wings.
Using magic mushrooms will make you see weird things alright.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Yeah, those calves feet on a UFO are a dead giveaway that they're aliens from another planet.
Isn't it Pan who is supposed to have cloven hooves? Or.. is it the devil? Maybe he is an ET.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:22 AM

430 posts, read 583,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
i
that's the only time i ever thought... that maybe... i saw something like a ufo or two.

But i don't really care. no one has to believe me - at least i know others saw it too! it was a real "something" ! Kate
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Thousands have the same 'story'.

Yeppers... you saw a UFO. An Unidentified Flying Object. Nothing more... nothing less.
Seems there are lots of confirmed stories of objects that fly by, but that simply do not get to be "Identified". Like rifleman's and Kate's experiences. Undeniable. That makes them valid UN-identified Flying Objects, doesn't it?

Maybe those stories with widespread confirmation could be called Undeniable Flying Objects.

Seems that the Christian contingent is hard at work acknowledging everything they see as the Hand of God or Satan. This leaves precious little room for rational alternatives, and closes the door on thoughtful analysis. Therefore, they perpetrate Darkness but call it God's Love.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,229 times
I think its telling when you look at the description. The scripture says Ezekiel saw flying, glowing metal wheels and that inside the wheels were "creatures" that had the face of man "humanoid" Its also telling when the scripture refers to these wheels as chariots meaning these are flying metal vehicles with beings inside them. Ezekiel even describes the flight characteristics saying they fly back and forth like a flash of lightning. Thats what you have to look at and its an IDENTICAL description of modern day UFOs. as for the calf feet and ox face, ect. im sure that was symbolic for something he saw that he could not explain. The erie thing is that Ezekiel calls the creatures cheribum which is another name for angel. That would confirm that the angels in the bible are really just extraterrestrials. There are always scientific explainations for things that happen in the bible and quite frankly an extraterrestrial is more scientific in nature than an invisible person that appears out of thin air with wings on thier back and a halo over thier head. The wings of an angel are actually symbolic for thier capabilty of flight which is a lot more scientific in nature just like a calfs feet are symbolic for something Ezekiel saw. When you are confronted with something you never saw before, you describe it the best you can.

I must say that Louis Armstrong song is pretty catchy

Last edited by gsoboi; 03-02-2010 at 09:25 AM..

Old 03-02-2010, 05:34 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
The erie thing is that Ezekiel calls the creatures cheribum
Nah.. it's the various translators that did that.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:57 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
I know the provenance of the word.

But you tell me that someone , after thousands of years, zeroed in on a Latin Vulgate word or phrase and made it a catchword amongst certain Christians?

I'm trying to figure how the term 'catch up' equates with 'take away'.

So maybe you can answer my question... who invented this rapture and why?

Christians have made a study of the Bible for two thousands years, so there should be no surprise in that. And according to the Free online Dictionary, the word, "Rapture" can mean the transporting of a person from one place to another, especially to heaven. Of course it has other meanings as well. Why it was invented? I don't know. Yet I could say that about any number of words.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
I'm trying to figure how the term 'catch up' equates with 'take away'.
I'll tell you..... You remember the War of the Worlds film where the aliens were going around 'catching up' humans and tossing them into a basket for them to be 'taken away' and eaten later on by the aliens. Reminds me a bit like fish-and-chips 'take away' in the UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal