U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
 
32,855 posts, read 18,689,462 times
Reputation: 35637

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
raven hair, and ruby lips, sparks fly from her fingertips.......
Mainebroker, does this describe the dark side of tinkerbell? ....

There is a website of an Oklahoma based paranormal team (can't remember the name tho). But they are mainly looking for haunted houses in Tulsa and OKC. We never followed through with it. Mainly because the idea of some folks coming in with their menagerie of electronic/surveillance/audio equipment was not appealing.
Also, we are aware our place is not experiencing negative energy. I stopped taking pics when I learned orbs were merely manifestations on digital cameras.

Oddly enough, I know a woman named Raven, the ruby slippers are another story though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Working on relocating
800 posts, read 4,068,007 times
Reputation: 505
Quote:
raven hair, and ruby lips, sparks fly from her fingertips.......
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have a "dark side" LOL...I can be dorky, on the other hand
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2007, 04:56 PM
 
Location: ♥State of the heart♥
1,118 posts, read 4,507,428 times
Reputation: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
raven hair, and ruby lips, sparks fly from her fingertips.......
Whooo-hoooo, Witch-ay woman - she's got the moon in her eyes.... That takes me back to high school!

I have had sixth-sense experiences my entire life. I remember being teeny-tiny experiencing the sensation of floating out of my body and seeing my physical self below. I've heard/seen/smelled/felt spirit energy my entire life, which I get from my mother, and my grandmother. I 'know' who is on the phone when it rings a good percentage of the time, I think of someone then see them by the end of that day, I dream things that come true - especially when someone has died. There was a "haunted house" thread some time ago where I posted an experience or two. Have to see if I can locate that. Found it: Ever live in a haunted house?

I have asked questions and 'received' answers, both intuitively, and on occasion, I actually heard the answer in my ear. I do believe in spirit guides, angels and they all come from the Universal God source. We are all energy - our souls/spirits/essence and the veil that separates us from those who have passed on is thinner than most people imagine.

I also have had an 11:11 thing going on for over 25 years. Now there is a topic for it's own thread!

I used to have an experience as a child that to this day I do not know what it means. I would see an eye looking at me. I'd see it perfectly clearly in my room at night - until I'd duck under the covers that is! That went on for years.

I love reading about the experiences of others - it makes me feel like there are others like me out there - people who understand. I love having discussions with people who have first-hand knowledge of the other side, aren't afraid of it and are comfortable with the whole conversation. This is a fantastic thread, and I've enjoyed reading every word! Thanks for starting it.

Oh, on the topic of t.v. shows, etc. - anyone have an opinion on Sylvia Browne? (I do - but I'll hold off for now).

Last edited by Adream; 05-07-2007 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: add link to other thread
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2007, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,441,195 times
Reputation: 2700
Good to see we don't all have to stay in the closet!!

Sylvia Browne -- actually, she's one of the examples of people who ask for the person who has passed over that the individual wants to contact. Usually someone says, "I wonder if my mother is okay?" And then the usual Sylvia retort: "Of course, dear. She's doing just fine and she's always with you." Ironically, it wasn't until John Edward started doing his show that Sylvia suddenly became a "medium," after being a "psychic" all those years. Hmmmmmm, wonder how that suddenly happened to her? Maybe she "saw" something....like something on her eyeballs......like $$$$$???

Unfortunately, I know someone who knows her, since she lives nearby, and I would NEVER recommend anyone to her. She has her own business going with this stuff, and I know people who have been extremely disappointed by not only her inaccuracy, but also her attitude. (Sorry, Sylvia, but that's the word around here.) It just upsets me that when people don't have a personal experience with the paranormal, that she (and others like her) can take advantage of those who don't have those experiences.

That's one reason I, personally, stay away from the psychic fair people and stuff. I've developed a lot of skepticism over the years, and so I think I really hold myself to an extremely high standard just because of it (my social worker side coming out to protect the vulnerable!). People have told me I'm too hard on myself, it's just that I feel if someone is going through a loss, I want to be as accurate as possible, so I work very, very hard to get as much confirmable detail as I can get.

I know that some people work with guides and past lives and all, but I generally don't go there unless someone specifically asks me to -- I truly prefer to stick with things that can be confirmed in the here and now -- that's just my way of doing this.

I actually used to work at the Edgar Cayce (Association for Research and Enlightenment) Clinic in Phoenix, so I'm open to lots of stuff, but just in my readings I'm very particular. My analytical side is a bit too strong, I guess. I'm particularly interested in the research side of this because the more we can learn and document, the better. But that's just me!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2007, 05:39 PM
 
19,310 posts, read 26,003,761 times
Reputation: 37456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have a "dark side" LOL...I can be dorky, on the other hand
now angel,,,id never call you dorky,,,,was just quoting an old song i like (adream has it) by the eagles

ange,l i like your posts,,wish i were closer, id pay for a reading,
if you could read my mind,,,what a tale my thought would tell
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2007, 05:42 PM
 
19,310 posts, read 26,003,761 times
Reputation: 37456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Good to see we don't all have to stay in the closet!!

Sylvia Browne -- actually, she's one of the examples of people who ask for the person who has passed over that the individual wants to contact. Usually someone says, "I wonder if my mother is okay?" And then the usual Sylvia retort: "Of course, dear. She's doing just fine and she's always with you." Ironically, it wasn't until John Edward started doing his show that Sylvia suddenly became a "medium," after being a "psychic" all those years. Hmmmmmm, wonder how that suddenly happened to her? Maybe she "saw" something....like something on her eyeballs......like $$$$$???

Unfortunately, I know someone who knows her, since she lives nearby, and I would NEVER recommend anyone to her. She has her own business going with this stuff, and I know people who have been extremely disappointed by not only her inaccuracy, but also her attitude. (Sorry, Sylvia, but that's the word around here.) It just upsets me that when people don't have a personal experience with the paranormal, that she (and others like her) can take advantage of those who don't have those experiences.

That's one reason I, personally, stay away from the psychic fair people and stuff. I've developed a lot of skepticism over the years, and so I think I really hold myself to an extremely high standard just because of it (my social worker side coming out to protect the vulnerable!). People have told me I'm too hard on myself, it's just that I feel if someone is going through a loss, I want to be as accurate as possible, so I work very, very hard to get as much confirmable detail as I can get.

I know that some people work with guides and past lives and all, but I generally don't go there unless someone specifically asks me to -- I truly prefer to stick with things that can be confirmed in the here and now -- that's just my way of doing this.

I actually used to work at the Edgar Cayce (Association for Research and Enlightenment) Clinic in Phoenix, so I'm open to lots of stuff, but just in my readings I'm very particular. My analytical side is a bit too strong, I guess. I'm particularly interested in the research side of this because the more we can learn and document, the better. But that's just me!

sylvia's voice,,,,god ..aint it sexy??!! just like nails across a chalkboard!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2007, 06:27 PM
 
Location: ♥State of the heart♥
1,118 posts, read 4,507,428 times
Reputation: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Good to see we don't all have to stay in the closet!!

Sylvia Browne -- actually, she's one of the examples of people who ask for the person who has passed over that the individual wants to contact. Usually someone says, "I wonder if my mother is okay?" And then the usual Sylvia retort: "Of course, dear. She's doing just fine and she's always with you." Ironically, it wasn't until John Edward started doing his show that Sylvia suddenly became a "medium," after being a "psychic" all those years. Hmmmmmm, wonder how that suddenly happened to her? Maybe she "saw" something....like something on her eyeballs......like $$$$$???

Unfortunately, I know someone who knows her, since she lives nearby, and I would NEVER recommend anyone to her. She has her own business going with this stuff, and I know people who have been extremely disappointed by not only her inaccuracy, but also her attitude. (Sorry, Sylvia, but that's the word around here.) It just upsets me that when people don't have a personal experience with the paranormal, that she (and others like her) can take advantage of those who don't have those experiences.
Wisteria, you just confirmed my feelings about $ylvia Browne. I've watched her on the Montel Williams show a few times, and I have not been impressed. I have noticed that she is rude, and tends to intimidate people into not questioning her. I don't understand why she is promoted by Hay House. Most, if not all of the other people affiliated with Hay House seem sincere and professional - I would not call Browne either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
That's one reason I, personally, stay away from the psychic fair people and stuff. I've developed a lot of skepticism over the years, and so I think I really hold myself to an extremely high standard just because of it (my social worker side coming out to protect the vulnerable!). People have told me I'm too hard on myself, it's just that I feel if someone is going through a loss, I want to be as accurate as possible, so I work very, very hard to get as much confirmable detail as I can get.
You are very wise to take this approach, plus it shows what a good hearted and responsible person you are. You should sleep well at night, knowing that you sincerely did your best to help someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I actually used to work at the Edgar Cayce (Association for Research and Enlightenment) Clinic in Phoenix, so I'm open to lots of stuff, but just in my readings I'm very particular. My analytical side is a bit too strong, I guess. I'm particularly interested in the research side of this because the more we can learn and document, the better. But that's just me!
My grandmother read Edgar Cayce back in the 1960's. I read one of her old Cayce books when I was 10 years old and I KNEW I found a path to my answers. Grandma was a very open minded Methodist - we had many discussions about God, Cayce, reincarnation - these topics are very natural in my family. I think about Edgar Cayce's words often these days as I hear more and more about Earth's climate changes.
Great response Wisteria, thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2007, 06:31 PM
 
Location: ♥State of the heart♥
1,118 posts, read 4,507,428 times
Reputation: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
if you could read my mind,,,what a tale my thought would tell
"Just like an old time movie,about a ghost from a wishin well..."
Very appropriate Mainebrokerman. You must be 40-50 something to be quoting the Eagles and Gordon Lightfoot!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
 
19,310 posts, read 26,003,761 times
Reputation: 37456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
"Just like an old time movie,about a ghost from a wishin well..."
Very appropriate Mainebrokerman. You must be 40-50 something to be quoting the Eagles and Gordon Lightfoot!

in a castle dark, or a fortress strong, with chains upon my feet

yep ,,im in my early 40's (288 in dog years)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Working on relocating
800 posts, read 4,068,007 times
Reputation: 505
Maine--
You cracked me up today Hee hee!

Wisteria--
I hear ya on Sylvia Browne. It feels like she's burned out from doing readings, etc. I guess for me, I object most to her delivery of messages. I myself like to make people feel better and to feel loved, but hers are very raw and often, not so "nice." LOL--Her first two books resonated with me, but after that, I don't know. I just stopped reading her books for some reason.

That is very cool you've worked at the A.R.E. That is awesome
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top