U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:21 AM

792 posts, read 1,712,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
I have an "Outer Child"--hee hee!
I have an 'Outer Child' too. hehehehe Aren't they the best kind???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADream
Wisteria, you just confirmed my feelings about $ylvia Browne. I've watched her on the Montel Williams show a few times, and I have not been impressed. I have noticed that she is rude, and tends to intimidate people into not questioning her. I don't understand why she is promoted by Hay House.
As far as $ylvia Browne goes....I was once one of those that thought she was on the up & up. But, like others here, I can see now that she's not all she's cracked up to be. Like ADream says, she IS rude, cuts people off, gets indignent when people ask for clarification, and has 'stock' answers for too many people. It would be my guess that 'Hay House' is making alot of $$$ off of $ylvia, and profits from her books allow them to fund other Authors and projects....it's just a guess tho. Money makes strange bedfellow. And what about her son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADream
Ironically, it wasn't until John Edward started doing his show that Sylvia suddenly became a "medium," after being a "psychic" all those years.
Ok, please forgive my ignorance, but what IS the difference between a Medium, Psychic & Clairvoyant??? I've looked it up, but still don't quite get it. Sorry.

Thanks,
Boof

PS: I too am glad this thread was started!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 01:58 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,426,991 times
Quote:
Ok, please forgive my ignorance, but what IS the difference between a Medium, Psychic & Clairvoyant??? I've looked it up, but still don't quite get it. Sorry.

Thanks,
Boof
I'm off to lunch in a minute, so I'll give a quick answer. A psychic is someone who often can see or tell things about people -- sometimes see the future, get information in nontraditional ways, tune into people's inner selves rather quickly, and sometimes can "see" (clairvoyance) or "hear" (clairaudience), what many people are not able to perceive.

A medium is literally in the middle -- the medium -- by which a (supposed) spirit on the other side can use to communicate to another living person here. Sometimes mediums will "see" the spirit in their head, or like I've had a number of times, see them either holographically (like in the Haunted House at Disneyland! Seriously!), or fully materialized like a "real" person (unusual, but occasionally happens). So, mediums work with spirits.

Most mediums are also psychic, but not all psychics are mediums.

Hope this quick explanation helps!

Old 05-08-2007, 04:27 PM

378 posts, read 1,136,142 times
I always have had strange things happen to me; I often know the caller on my telephone, I think about a person and then hear from him/her before the day is through, and one other I haven't seen mentioned... I seem to be able to turn off streetlights that I walk under....They just blink out till I have gone past them, then turn on again. This at first shook me but I learned to accept it.

My partner and I bought and completely re-did an old farm house on the Northern California coast. It was a wonderful house well over 100 years old, and we would constantly hear loud footsteps upstairs, doors would slam, etc. Obviously our visitor did not appreciate our gutting and changing his house.

I once had my mother appear one night in my bedroom just a few weeks after she passed. A light shone down from above her and she clearly said "Watch your health, Jimmy." and she disappeared. I immediately woke my partner, who had slept through this, told him about it. He's a cynic, so he asked, "Did she say if she liked what we were doing to the house?" I eventually (not taking her advice) developed type2 diabetes, which I have under control. (Probably with her help!)

I also smell scents that I know I've smelled before, but cannot seem to "place". My mother's? (Certainly not my late ex-wife's scent... Hers would smell like skunk... )

As for Sylvia Browne.. Good God, a phony phony phony! And those nails! Argh! She once told someone who had asked about her late sister sis, "You were sisters once before... In mesopotamia!" What a dragon.

I have many stories, but this is a forum, and I am much too longwinded already!

Old 05-08-2007, 04:30 PM

378 posts, read 1,136,142 times
Also... forgot... Wisteria and Adream... you're fascinating! Great posts!

Old 05-08-2007, 06:12 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,300,105 times
Uhm...or 'something'. Yes.

When I was a child, I had several experiences. Some were quite unpleasant. Saw things, had unexplained occurrences.

Since coming of age, I have only had 'vibes' from houses and not very often.

Now, something that has happened to me three times, only three that I am aware of, is communicating without speaking. More than the usual. Once, many years ago, I somehow came to have this strong feeling that a friend was thinking about me just then, as if I were the direct focus of his thoughts. It was very in-your-face. I inquired the next day and verified the time...yes. Nothing "special", but he had been pondering the relationship around that specific time.

OK. Chalk that up to co-incidence.

Some time last year I had this vision of another friend, not as closely associated, of him and his wife. I think. I do not know her personally and she was not much seen, more assumed, but he was REAL TIME. As if I were walking in to the scene even though I was 3000 miles away, I stood in my kitchen and had this sight, like a movie without frames. I did not see my kitchen. I saw HIM, where he was. He was troubled and I was concerned about it. That was weird. I emailed him some time later and asked him about it. We could not place an exact event, so I honestly do not know if my mind was inventing a scenario or if it hadn't happened yet or had happened previously and been forgotten. Really don't know. Just rather odd. And seemed very real.

Last week...I sleep pretty lightly and not very often, but do remember dreams every once in a while.
I am in the nursery with my daughter as she is adopted and still adjusting to the idea of sleeping alone. I, on the futon and in what I think was sleep, asked her if she was alright. But I am sure I was dreaming that she was fussing and I asked her in the dream.
She often has trouble sleeping. And I am there to tend to her. Normal, regular.
I woke, upright, when I heard her answer me outloud from her toddler bed. She was also sleeping. OUT. But she had just given an audible answer to my slumbered query.
I sat there...wondering if I had just dreamed part or all of this or was talking in my sleep...but I am sure I heard her speak.

That one...who knows?

(I really like cemeteries. I find them restful, no pun intended.)

Last edited by 33458; 05-08-2007 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Addendum

Old 05-08-2007, 06:38 PM

54 posts, read 181,270 times
Too many things to count, but yes.. let's just sat it's pretty hard for me not to believe in ghosts.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:29 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,497,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoJimo View Post
I seem to be able to turn off streetlights that I walk under....They just blink out till I have gone past them, then turn on again. This at first shook me but I learned to accept it.
Oh my gosh - I have the same thing happen to me constantly! When I'm driving on the highway the light I'm approaching turns off, when I look out my front window the light on the cul-de-sac outside my house turns off, when I'm walking on the path behind my house - that light turns off... It happens to lightbulbs when I turn on the lamps - even if the bulb hasn't been in there for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoJimo View Post
I once had my mother appear one night in my bedroom just a few weeks after she passed. A light shone down from above her and she clearly said "Watch your health, Jimmy." and she disappeared. I immediately woke my partner, who had slept through this, told him about it. He's a cynic, so he asked, "Did she say if she liked what we were doing to the house?"
That's funny!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:43 PM

13,625 posts, read 22,614,979 times
Don't know if this is a ghost story or an angel story, but it is true..When my daughter was undergoing chemotherapy due to Hodgkins disease she was very sick most of the time. I was always close by and even slept with her on her worse nights. Anyway, from the day she was diagnosed with cancer we began seeing a white shadowy mist (very faint) that hovered in her bedroom, and in the hallway leading to her room. None of us ,for some reason ,ever feared it when we caught a glimpse. We came to accept it as a comfort and a sign that she was being protected and we were being assured that everything was going to be alright. It was, she was eventually cancer free and married and has two miracle children, because the Drs. said she would never conceive due to the chemo and radiation which had put her into menopause at the age if 17...

Old 05-08-2007, 10:38 PM

2,009 posts, read 6,176,626 times
Default Thats awesome!

Thats great news to hear about your daughter. Happy to hear she's doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Don't know if this is a ghost story or an angel story, but it is true..When my daughter was undergoing chemotherapy due to Hodgkins disease she was very sick most of the time. I was always close by and even slept with her on her worse nights. Anyway, from the day she was diagnosed with cancer we began seeing a white shadowy mist (very faint) that hovered in her bedroom, and in the hallway leading to her room. None of us ,for some reason ,ever feared it when we caught a glimpse. We came to accept it as a comfort and a sign that she was being protected and we were being assured that everything was going to be alright. It was, she was eventually cancer free and married and has two miracle children, because the Drs. said she would never conceive due to the chemo and radiation which had put her into menopause at the age if 17...

Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 AM

792 posts, read 1,712,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I'm off to lunch in a minute, so I'll give a quick answer... (edited to save space) ....Hope this quick explanation helps!
Yes Wisteria, It helps alot!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

Boof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal