U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,373,824 times

Advertisements

Yes,and I have experienced them. However, I don't believe they are spirits of the departed. I believe they are actually demons impersonating them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 06:00 PM

926 posts, read 1,385,544 times
Every once in a while, after being out on the town, I will see pink elephants. I don't know if these are phantom pachyderms who died an untimely death, or just a subconscious desire for circus peanuts.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:23 AM

791 posts, read 1,715,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Every once in a while, after being out on the town, I will see pink elephants. I don't know if these are phantom pachyderms who died an untimely death, or just a subconscious desire for circus peanuts.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That, my friend is TOOOOOO freakin' funny!!!!! You made my day!!! Thanks

Boof

Old 05-11-2007, 11:13 AM

378 posts, read 1,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
That's funny!

Old 05-12-2007, 11:33 PM

28,721 posts, read 42,787,742 times
When my wife's grandmother stands at the foot of the bed we get word that someone has died within the next couple of days. Yes, her grandmother is dead.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:06 AM

2,267 posts, read 2,800,212 times
My Dad died in 1999, both my parents had heart attacks that summer, my Dad didn't recover, my Mom did.

We lived in a small town so it was not unusual to see my Dad (when he was alive) when I was out and about...at Wally world or wherever...

After he died, I often thought I saw him, until a moment later, I realized he was dead...I wondered if my mind was playing tricks on me or what...
These sightings were very upsetting to me, since the realization that he was dead would wash over me again and shock me so terribly...
Then one night I had a dream, I was sleeping in my old room where I grew up, my Father came in woke me up and told me it was him...I told him that I didn't believe it could be him because he knew that showing himself to me after he had died would disturb me greatly, (the church I was brought up in would have locked me in a closet and shot me with a tranquilizer gun if I verbalized this whole thing), he turned and left...when I awoke I never saw him again...

I believe its totally posible that our loved ones come back to check on us after they have passed away...

Old 05-13-2007, 06:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 42,260,522 times
When my dad died way back in May '79, I felt sort of a "presence" for a few days but never saw anything. I had thought that the feeling might have been wishful thinking, but don't really know.

Dad was relatively young (50) and had died somewhat suddenly, cancer was found and he was gone 6 weeks later. Things happened so fast. He was diagnosed, in pain and soon so drugged up that we never really got a chance to communicate as his illness quickly progressed. All we could do was hold his hand.

Sometimes I wish I could talk to both my mom and dad, but I guess this medium business doesn't really work that way?
I mean, you don't just dial in.
I've never watched any of the TV shows or even read much about it.
I guess I am sort of a believer in skeptic's clothing.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:33 AM

393 posts, read 1,785,590 times
Default I Love This Thread

You guys are AWESOME, sharing all your experiences, your gifts with us! I was thinking about Lisa Williams, and the show that she had on and wondering what u guys thought of her?

I just remembered something else........My ex who thinks there is an explanation for everything does not believe in afterlife, or ghosts, or anything like that told me after leaving my sister's home that he had seen my nephew watching all of us in the livingroom waiting for his sister to get home from out of state for his funeral.........He had been killed 2days earlier in a motorcycle accident. He asked me not to tell my sister, because they would have thought he was crazy, and I said.......No, she would have felt comforted by that I would think!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:03 PM

8 posts, read 4,518 times
Default Do you believe in ghosts?

I'm by no means an expert in the paranormal! I stronly believe in the supernatural,. I have seen "ghosts/spirits/lost-souls"! call them what you will! When i have time later! I shall relate one or two of my encounters here. See what you think of them! thank you!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:21 PM

1,420 posts, read 2,261,292 times
Its my understanding that "ghost" are actually demons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal