U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:36 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,726,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Its my understanding that "ghost" are actually demons.
if you follow fundamentalist Christianity, that's what you're taught.

Is it true? IMHO, no.

There are good people in this world and there are evil people. Death isn't a personality makeover. When they die, they don't suddenly become nice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 01:18 AM

157 posts, read 443,521 times
I'm browsing more forums on this site and saw this thread. I believe in the paranormal, but not most stories i hear. I did have a few strange things happen to me, but that was in the past.

One of them was in high school, about 6-10 years ago, not sure when exactly. shared a room with my bro. Front door to the apt was closed, our door and window was closed, the glass sliding door closed. I think my parents bedroom had a window and door open, but slightly. Kitchen window was open. We had horizontal blinds. I have a hard time sleeping so about an hour after i was in my bed, out of the blue it sounded like something was running their finger or something up and down the blinds. Me and my bro clearly heard it. After maybe a minute I went over and ran my finger up and down the blinds to stop it, but it didnt stop. A little after that it finally stopped, never happened again. Definitely freaked us out, though we didnt talk about it much.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:57 AM

13,630 posts, read 22,257,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
In regard to selecting a medium for readings -- first, be cautious. There are way too many people out there who are "wannabes" and are not careful about what they do. I am sorry to be the voice of common sense, however, I have heard too many horror stories from people.

Also, keep in mind that it does not have to be a well-known person. Many natural mediums (those born that way, and often they do run in families), don't advertise, and only go by word-of-mouth. Also, if you are looking, be sure to ask people who have had readings what they were like.

The biggest thing: If a medium asks you ahead of time WHO you want to contact, and WHAT their relationship is to you -- run! A real medium does not need that information. That is not to say that every person you want to contact will come through -- sometimes they don't. My rule of thumb is, to NOT say anything beforehand to the medium. The less, the better.

For instance, when I read for people I take the first contacts I "see" or "hear." It may not be who they want right away. I may go with relatives, friends, co-workers, neighbors, whatever comes through. If by the end of the reading the individual they may have wanted the most doesn't come through...only then will I ask for a first name, and then "try to find" them. More often than not, though, most people a person is looking for will show up.

Some readings are so-so -- like anything, not every one is great. Some are mind-boggling in detail, sensory experiences, sounds, touch, etc. Unfortunately, one never knows how a reading will go when it starts.

I caution you with mediums who talk about past lives or spirit guides because if they cannot be proven (just my own measure I use), then I don't feel it is necessary. Sometimes they can be there, but for me, and I can only speak for me, I prefer to focus on those who CAN be verified.

Frequently, I will "see" a photograph of the individual, and after the reading, the person I am reading for will literally pull out that same photo and show it to me. I remember one woman when I described the photo of her little girl, and some very descriptive things, she said, "Okay, that's it -- I've got my proof! I don't even need more!" Another time, I did a large group reading, and I kept seeing this man with an orange serape over one shoulder with a large floppy hat. I had never met the people nor heard of them before I read for this group. As I described the man, I literally "felt" him placing this serape on my shoulder. It was very heavy, and I knew it was on one side and not both sides of his shoulder. I also was NOT charging for this group reading, so I had no vested interest.

At the end of the group, various details came forth, and one was of this young man -- the people I had brought him through for, (and they were not relatives of him, but friends) had also (unbeknownest to me) brought a photo of him in an envelope. They brought it to me afterwards, and as they pulled it out, here was an 8-1/2 " x 11" photo of this man with the floppy hat and an orange serape over his one shoulder! I couldn't believe it myself!

Sometimes very surprising things can happen. However, those who have had me read for them know that I do NOT want to know ANY information beforehand -- it is much easier to get clearer information not knowing anything ahead of time. I also ask people to "talk" to those whom they want to come through and tell them where they will be meeting with me, what time and place, so that "they" can also make the appointment.

And that is just another little piece of what I do.....as my "hobby."
Wisteria, do you ever get information that is really old? Like -- could I find out information on my great grandmother and when she died, and of what? or where my husband's grandmother hid the coin collection?

Can I ask questions? or do they tell me what THEY want me to know?

I might be strange, but I'd far rather hear from the ancestors I didn't know and discuss things with them, than get all wound up and hysterical over my parents and in laws...unless they know where great great grandfather Ben is buried....

It would cool to be able to fill in gaps in the family tree...

Old 05-16-2012, 04:23 AM

12,478 posts, read 15,968,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Its my understanding that "ghost" are actually demons.
no,IMHO-that is false. IF they are demons why wouldn't they show themselves as such? And they don't.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:52 AM

26,031 posts, read 19,170,929 times
I believe in paranormal activity...I've "seen" a few things that I like to try to explain away though, years later, I still haven't been able to do.

I've had quite a number of experiences in my life, mostly when I was younger but the last even as recent as when I lived in FL. Thus far, I've not had anything happen in the last year.

Do I believe in ghosts? Maybe not so much in the way people define them. And I certainly don't believe in most of the "ghost" stories out there. I think most of them are flat out hoaxes or have perfectly logical explanations.

So, in a nutshell, not in the way people define "ghosts" and don't believe most of what is retold. I do believe that some people do experience crazy stuff that makes no fricken sense at all, defies all logic and from what I do know, most of those people do not like nor enjoy those experiences. I know I sure as hell don't and haven't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal