Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:01 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times

Advertisements

Do you beleive in ghosts? Ever see a ghost? Ever feel the presence of someone with you?
My daughter tells me that a few times a day she gets an overwhelming smell of chocolate and believes it is her guardian angel. She is not superstitious or the type that likes to draw attention to herself. She is rather shy.
I don't know what to think.
My Dad does tell a story where he remembers 2 of his Uncles walking out of a farm house as white as sheets, they said they both saw their father in a rocking chair. They were together when they saw him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 07:09 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Do you beleive in ghosts? Ever see a ghost? Ever feel the presence of someone with you?
My daughter tells me that a few times a day she gets an overwhelming smell of chocolate and believes it is her guardian angel. She is not superstitious or the type that likes to draw attention to herself. She is rather shy.
I don't know what to think.
My Dad does tell a story where he remembers 2 of his Uncles walking out of a farm house as white as sheets, they said they both saw their father in a rocking chair. They were together when they saw him.
Yes! We lived with ghosts for almost a year. Ours were "harmless" - would turn lights on, close windows (yes, we had the electrical wiring checked and the windows checked and there was nothing wrong with either). We would be awakened by loud footsteps at night, feel them passing by, etc. There is a "theory" that young children do see/feel the presence of spiritual energy - before they "learn" that there is no such thing as ghosts. I personally believe in them, if not in the classic sense of a ghost - at least an "energy" that is left behind.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,837 times
My daughter when she was younger, would tell me about my grandma, it would be her great grandma, she had passed away before my daughter was born.
My daughter talked to her everyday, she told me what she looked like and what all she said, she had discribed my grandma down to a tee, I knew then that it was my grandma she was talking to because my daughter never seen a picture of her until after she started telling me all that she said and seen.
It all happened at the ages of 4, 5 and part of age six. She doesn't talk any more about any sightings, but at the time it felt good because I wanted so much for my grandmother to see my child, and through my daughters eyes she did.
I wish she still was able to be able to do that, because I would love to hear from some of my other relatives on the other side. I also at times seen for myself, a white flowing gown going into my daughters bedroom, it never scared me, I just thought it was her angel or a relative checking in on her, of course most of the time she was never in her room when it happened, but to me it was a peaceful feeling. I am a firm believer that young children can pick up on things we don't see or feel.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:22 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times
Default yep i believe!

I believe in the after life for sure. Spirits, ghosts, whatever they want to call them seem to exist. I havent seen anything, heard & felt things though!

I'm sure many people just imagine what they claim to have seen, but think about worldwide how many people have witnessed ghosts or even UFO's some have to be seeing the real deal.

And just ignore the little teens making rude remarks on these threads, online they talk & talk, when you meet them in person they are lost for words!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Now let me get this straight...
was my Dad smoking crack? Oh wait, is that what you do with crack? Cause I grew up in the 70's, there was a lot of stuff around, but crack wasn't one of them.
Well, that counts out Dad smoking crack for telling the story and counts out his Uncle's because that happened in the 40's.
SO! Maybe you're speaking of my daughter???
Or maybe your face is writing a check that your ass can't cash.
Now...if I can get on with my original post without your rude senseless blabbering, and if you feel you need to get the last word, well you go rigt ahead, WRITE ANOTHER CHECK!
I won't respond to your blabber again, I'll only let you 'get off' on it once.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:47 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
My daughter when she was younger, would tell me about my grandma, it would be her great grandma, she had passed away before my daughter was born.
My daughter talked to her everyday, she told me what she looked like and what all she said, she had discribed my grandma down to a tee, I knew then that it was my grandma she was talking to because my daughter never seen a picture of her until after she started telling me all that she said and seen.
It all happened at the ages of 4, 5 and part of age six. She doesn't talk any more about any sightings, but at the time it felt good because I wanted so much for my grandmother to see my child, and through my daughters eyes she did.
I have heard of similar stories of young children and their friendships with ghostly relatives.
I do think that human "residue" can be left behind.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:57 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,331 times
I posted this on the thread in "Houses" catagory but here ya go

I grew up in a haunted house in Saint Louis.
I had things moved around... they would only be my stuff too. I read up on ghosts and paranormal.. and it says that it usually gravitates towards the youngest, which I am.
I had an out of body expirence (at least that is what I say it was) and saw a little boy come in my room when I was sleeping. I saw myself sleeping in my bed, and the little boy came in my bedroom. he turned on my stereo, my ceiling fan light, and then knocked over all my cds that I had stacked. I didn't see myself stir.. then he came over and touched me on my nose, and as soon as he did that I woke up. My stereo and my light were on and my cds were strewn on the floor. That was weird.
Then when my boyfriend died.. I started getting a lot more things moved about and I had smells come and go (roses were most common.. along with the smell of his deodorant)

Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
My grandfather still "lives" in my mother's house. He had built it in the '30's and had his woodshop down in the basement. He did all sorts of things like put the clothes in the dryer after they were washed (he used to do this for her when he was alive). It scared mom, so one day, she asked him to stop and he did. Even today, we can hear his table saw start up in the basement. He never scared me, because I knew he wouldn't hurt us.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:47 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,111 times
Once in a while, I get what seems to be a glimpse of something/someone out of the corner of my eye. Figure-like, but shadowy. Nothing threatening feeling. Just there, and then just as quickly, gone! I tell myself it's my imagination, (especially since it happens so fast), but it is a little strange. Also, every so often, I will smell something, usually a perfume or cologne type of smell, but no one else is around, so I know it's not from my husband or son. It doesn't happen often, but it always puzzles me when I smell it. It happens so fast, I'm almost not sure that I actually smelled it. And yet, I know I did, if that makes sense. It's not anything that I wear, either, so I'm not smelling myself! These usually occur when I'm just doing my thing around the house. I haven't been watching a creepy show, haven't read a scary story. So, I figure that can't be an immediate influence. I don't know; it's odd.

Another thing that weirds me out, is watching my cat watching absolutely nothing! I've seen her actually track something. There's a part of me that very sensibly tells me that it's just a bug or a cobweb, but the other part of me stares just as hard as I can to see what she sees, looking for the movement of either bug or web, and I never see anything. We have been living in the house for over 17 years, and had it built for us, so it's not like there's been lots of people living here for the last 100 years or something. I don't know. It's probably just my imagination, but it is weird.

I wil say, as someone who comes from a mostly Celtic background, (and throw in my Seminole bloodline), and I surely won't be walking around in a cemetery at night!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:14 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,745,489 times
When my kids were small they kept telling us they were seeing their grandma at night. I would assure them they were dreaming. They grew older and were still seeing her in their rooms. Then they heard voices. My husband and I didn't hear anything in our room. Over the years we came to believe we had a ghost or spirit in the house as hubby and I would also experience things as time went on.

Then our daughter brought her college roommate home. The roommate was in the living room watching a tv show while my daughter was in the den. The spirits started flickering the lights and raised some voices in the dining room. The roommate was so scared she had to go back to the dorm. And never visited again.

Then our oldest got married and her hubby was in the service. They came back for a visit. One day while we were at work, my daughter went to visit her friend and left her husband at our house alone. Apparently the "ghost" didn't like my son-in-law (which I didn't much either) because the tv and radio started blasting on and off...lights went on and off. Windows slammed and opened. He heard voices and the ceiling fan came on and was running amiss. He was so scared he went running outside. He never stayed in our home again.

We hired a spiritual advisor to come and didn't tell her what we wanted her to do at our house. She walked in and immediately told us our spirit's name was Rosemary and that we had multiple ones but this one in particular was the most active. She told us how to call her out and tell her not to bother us.

When we went to sell our house, the spirit got mad and slammed doors and turned off the ceiling fan at the ceiling level switch which we couldn't reach without at least a chair to reach it. She was mad. We sold the house and didn't tell a soul about our spirit. We don't live in a huge city so we tried to watch if our old house ever sold again......in 4 years it sold 3 more times. We asked an old neighbor why it kept reselling, and she said these people keep saying they feel something. I just say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. LOL The house went on the market again a month ago. GEEZE! I wanna go visit Rosemary...I miss her!

Old 05-02-2007, 05:26 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,198 times
I do believe in ghosts, also known as earthbound spirits. I have to since I'm a professional medium LOL (Yes, "I see dead people.")

They are spirits who haven't crossed over as of yet. They can use our love and support in getting over to the Other Side (or Heaven or whatever your belief system calls it).

Deceased loved ones (DLO's) are different than ghosts. DLO's have passed on and have crossed over to the Other Side. DLO's although in spirit are still alive and retain many of the personality characteristics they did while living. They try hard at times to get our attention with signs or messages to say 'hello, I'm okay." The biggest thing the DLO's want us to know is that they love us Btw, you can talk to DLO's and they will hear you. They aren't always with us though...they are doing work on the Other Side. Guardian angels and other angels are always present though with us for protection.

There are many excellent books on the subject of ghosts...John Edward is my favorite...He's most loving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal