Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2021, 04:10 AM

6,957 posts, read 6,886,653 times

Advertisements

This is a series on Discovery+ which seeks the truth through the use of an AI lie detector which has been developed by Dartmouth College New Hampshire. They test the recordings of the witnesses to determine whether their statements are true or false.

Although no-one can say this is definitive yet, it supposedly moves us a little more towards being able to determine what exactly happened as a result of the witnesses we have interviewed. At this stage, some are second hand witnesses but some are also first hand witness testimony recordings too.

Most so far, are determined to be true and only a few statements false, but it is interesting to find out just how many witnesses investigators have managed to uncover from this event. It is looking as if the government has been consistently trying to cover up the truth and that there were at least 3 aliens recovered at the second crash site at Roswell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 04:14 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,263,691 times
Is ANY lie detector foolproof?

Old 07-04-2021, 05:44 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,886,653 times
No, of course not, but I thought it is an interesting series just because it pulls quite a few of the witness statements from different sources together in one place. The professor who developed the software seems to think it is better (whatever that means) than more traditional methods, simply because it uses learning AI to look at different aspects of the interview. Body language, expressions, inflexions, pauses, blinks, etc all which can in certain circumstances indicate untruth or truth. So, in that respect there are different and more indicators being used rather than just measuring body signs like resistance and heart rate.

Old 07-04-2021, 08:11 PM
KCZ

4,679 posts, read 3,676,438 times
The professor's research seems to center on group dynamics, not using this technology as a lie detector, so I'm not sure it's been validated for this usage. And most of these tests are being used on people to see if THEY are telling the truth about what they THINK someone else said decades after the fact. In other words, hearsay.

I agree there is good information here all accumulated in one series, if you ignore the dubious lie detector tests and most of the commentary by the extremely biased "experts."

Old 07-06-2021, 03:36 PM

13,001 posts, read 9,535,631 times
Is this the same program (I believe it was a 3-part mini-series) that was on last year? Might've been on History.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,620,847 times
I think most people today are able to see this incident was NOT some goofy weather balloon as the Govt insisted!

Old 07-07-2021, 10:38 AM
KCZ

4,679 posts, read 3,676,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Is this the same program (I believe it was a 3-part mini-series) that was on last year? Might've been on History.

I think they're different series, not to mention the numerous other programs about Roswell.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:59 AM

1,305 posts, read 857,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I think they're different series, not to mention the numerous other programs about Roswell.
I noted the date said 2021, so a new program. It's unclear to me if there will be additional episodes...seems it indicated more to come, but I could only access three episodes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal