U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,017,006 times

Advertisements

I have from time to time caught a few minutes of his show in the car if I'm up at that hour and going somewhere. I view it as interesting to listen to...it's crazy that apparently some of the callers he talks to actually believe what they're saying. It's interesting for entertainment value...that there are actually folks that exist that are that crazy.

Do I give any credibility to him? Not really. Occasionally he'll interview someone that actually seems to have a somewhat plausible story...but then I remind myself that if they had any shred of evidence they'd likely have their story picked up by SOMEONE other than some conspiracy guy on a radio show at 2 am.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM

9,849 posts, read 7,497,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I listen from time to time to George's topics and guests. no other good clear AM stations out here in the rural west. (Well, except for Canadian CBC, which is oddly interesting from time to time, except they hate us Americans in general...)

George is quite the conspiracy theorist, seems to me. In particular, his support for the alien presence and mind-control stuff is "impressive". Wow! Just imagine if it's all true!

How do the rest of you see him? Just a simple guy who has found a good profitable niche with the great masses of scientifically illiterate late-night listeners? Or an honest fellow with rreally great ideas, that the government really wants to kill off?

You know, like they did when they banished Art Bell to a South Pacific island?
Art's son was infected with HIV from a child molester and then his wife died on a vacation in the motor home in her sleep.
Art was depressed and through, found a new wife and life in the Philippines.

He turned over Coast to Coast to Noory for a ten year term. Don't know if George wants to go further.

I don't think George believes most of this stuff for a fact, but he does interview those we'd consider out there with as much respect as he would a Physicist. I think it is a radio version of a comic book and it can be very entertaining.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM

14,810 posts, read 14,764,386 times
I have a Streamlink subscription to his show so I listen during the daytime. Some of his guests are respected scientists with good information while others are so far out there as to be silly. I enjoy some of his programs but don't bother with others. I pick and choose which ones I want to listen to.

I don't think George necessarily believes every thing he hears but he lets everyone have their say, asks questions and treats them all with respect. His primary goal is to present a good show and his audience varies in its makeup.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:11 PM

3,511 posts, read 3,471,456 times
the best radio show on tv. only problem is i rarely get to listen to it.

ian punnett on the weekends does nothing for me

Old 03-18-2011, 12:13 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,397,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I listen from time to time to George's topics and guests. no other good clear AM stations out here in the rural west. (Well, except for Canadian CBC, which is oddly interesting from time to time, except they hate us Americans in general...)

George is quite the conspiracy theorist, seems to me. In particular, his support for the alien presence and mind-control stuff is "impressive". Wow! Just imagine if it's all true!

How do the rest of you see him? Just a simple guy who has found a good profitable niche with the great masses of scientifically illiterate late-night listeners? Or an honest fellow with rreally great ideas, that the government really wants to kill off?

You know, like they did when they banished Art Bell to a South Pacific island?

I like him alot. I used to work works and I always listened to him, very entertaining...

Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM

4,091 posts, read 3,732,120 times
I still listen to coast to coast from time to time just to get my mind off the b.s. that the media spews out on a regular basis.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:29 PM

19,215 posts, read 13,839,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzie8937 View Post
All along I kept thinking it was the strange guests now I realize that it is George Noory who is the biggest hoaxer of them all. I stopped listening.
There are many federal employees who are professional hoaxers - and they work together.

But, they hoax for their country, or something.

Well, maybe.

They get good salaries, good retirement and good health benefits.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:32 PM

2,409 posts, read 2,795,692 times
If you can read between the lines and do your own background research ther is A LOT of truth to much of what is talked about on the program. There is also a lot of BS. Also as with Alex Jones' show listen to some of the callers that call in. Some sound like they are high on pot and have never left their trailer park.. The show exists to make money and turn a profit. It's been around for a long time. But most of the topics are very interesting. Especially the topics surrounding government corruption, cover up, black ops etc.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:10 PM

18,261 posts, read 20,389,087 times
Is that the host of the weirdo UFO/vampire/ghost/ sea monster radio show? My grandparents listen to that show sometimes.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,749 times
Default A plant

i believe that George Noory is a plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal