Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 AM

39 posts, read 174,746 times

Advertisements

Icy Tea, "very cool!" Some people just know how to live. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,974 times
Default Coast to Coast AM credibility in general

I am very surprised at how little discourse there is on the subjects of George Noory's credibility, not to mention the credibility of the guests of that show or the show it's self.
More than once I have had to throw my hands up and chide George Noory for obvious bogus crap...things I happen to know through good science and decent critical thinking skills were either errant, the result of terrible lack of education, the resultant fallacious belief systems being espoused and/or all of this and more. Once I actually got a "*** u" email back from George, LOL... I think it was when he was going off about "electromagnetism" and "other occult" stuff back when he was spewing out lists of topics like they all had something to do with each other.
Anyone remember this? A few years ago, not long after George got the show from Art Bell, he would rapid fire off the nights topics like this: (ad lib) "TONIGHT WE HAVE UFO'S, ALIENS, BIGFOOT, GIANTS, ELECTROMAGNETISM AND THE OCCULT !!!" ...as if the evidence for each topic was all the same? I am ad-libbing but the exact statements would be very easy to obtain. And he did go off even more at that time as if electromagnetism had something to do with the occult; I could tell the guy actually had no idea what electromagnetism even was! My god I even tried helping the guy by typing up some real science for him explaining these and other topics in basic physics, but he would have none of it (or let me know he was).

I hope to get a good dialogue started about all of this. I'll look around and try to see what I've missed; I do hope for the sake of reason and learning I've missed a LOT. -Avron

Old 09-17-2013, 04:16 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Some of his shows are stupid, he has obvious BS artists on. I'm talking about the ones who go on about time travel, having first hand contact and interaction with alien civilizations, or talk about some of the more easily faked paranormal phenomena like EVP, reverse talking, crop circles, Bigfoot, that kind of thing. You can't have interesting guests on every night or even every week. It would get boring and the guests would become less looked forward to. I actually like the open line shows where people talk about things they've experienced. They even delve into political discussions or conspiracy theory which usually surpass what you'd get on cable news or other talk radio( not saying much).
I don't think anybody said or actually thinks everything on his show is legit. Its to make you think, to make you wonder, to try to present answers for some of the more mysterious and bizarre or troubling questions we have.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:36 AM

652 posts, read 874,032 times
Art Bell is back on the air on Sirius Satellite radio. George Noory still mentions his name at the end of each show still. George Noory is from Detroit and that town is in sad shape. Many of his guests have died unexpectedly in the past few years.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:36 AM

Another awesome show is Ground Zero. I heard it on the radio and then listened to it over the internet tonight. An added bonus was that after it was over, there was Phil Hendrie!

Old 09-30-2013, 12:07 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
Art Bell is back on the air on Sirius Satellite radio. George Noory still mentions his name at the end of each show still. George Noory is from Detroit and that town is in sad shape. Many of his guests have died unexpectedly in the past few years.
Yup. I listen to Art on Sirius with a home radio which gives me free online access to archives.

I used to listen to Art all the time - not that I liked some of the hype on that show (re the Y2k hype).

To me Noory 'phones it in'. He's not engaged enough or knowledgeable enough of the subject matter. I gave up on him years ago, partially because of all the born agains and right wing political promotion, but mostly because I don't think Noory is very smart. He often does not ask obvious questions and often appears not to be a part of the conversation. You get the feeling sometimes that the guest is just talking to himself.

Art is a professional and can often create entertainment from a boring guest. If you listen to Art's questions you can see where he thinks there are holes in a guest's story.

Neither are too hard on guests, not to discourage future guests. It's hard to get new people for these shows and they keep recycling the same people after a while.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:45 AM

I'll give another plug for Radio Ground Zero. Listen to this show on nights via internet. Last nite they had some great calls ranging from current politics to a very creepy but very plausible discussion about sex slaves and mind control of young celebs tied in to the illuminati and satanists.
Its mostly open line calls which is great talk radio.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:17 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
I began listening to Art Bell in 1994. I quickly found out that he was a HAM radio operator and actually contacted him on HF from his home outside Pahrump where he also had his studio for Coast To Coast AM.
I listen to George as well as the other hosts of Coast To Coast AM now but it has never been the same as it was when Art was captain of his ship.

In my opinion George Noory for the most part is decent and has been a decent fit. With that being said the other night concerning the impending government shutdown George had a quick interview with Tea Party Republican talk show host Andy Dean : Premiere Radio Networks - Home

Even though on the surface it made sense due to both Andy Dean and Coast To Coast AM being owned by Premiere Radio Networks it still left a bad taste in my mouth due to the slanted political view that Andy Dean holds.

Politically I fall between the two party's and agree with certain things that both party's stand for.

Overall my view is that George Noory is a decent guy that was picked by Art to fill his shoes on the show and other than a few things I think he's done an adequate job.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:38 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I began listening to Art Bell in 1994. I quickly found out that he was a HAM radio operator and actually contacted him on HF from his home outside Pahrump where he also had his studio for Coast To Coast AM.
I listen to George as well as the other hosts of Coast To Coast AM now but it has never been the same as it was when Art was captain of his ship.

In my opinion George Noory for the most part is decent and has been a decent fit. With that being said the other night concerning the impending government shutdown George had a quick interview with Tea Party Republican talk show host Andy Dean : Premiere Radio Networks - Home

Even though on the surface it made sense due to both Andy Dean and Coast To Coast AM being owned by Premiere Radio Networks it still left a bad taste in my mouth due to the slanted political view that Andy Dean holds.

Politically I fall between the two party's and agree with certain things that both party's stand for.

Overall my view is that George Noory is a decent guy that was picked by Art to fill his shoes on the show and other than a few things I think he's done an adequate job.
I began listening to Art Bell around the same time. If you may recall, his show used to be a Right-wing Conservative talk show until one day he got fed up with politics and opened the lines up to everyone who wanted to talk about anything. The calls started coming in from late-night truck drivers, trailer park inhabitants, and the like. It was a huge success and the new format stuck.

If I recall, the weekend show was called Dreamland, with Noory as a regular host. Dreamland had a similar format to C2C, but a bit watered-down with the occasional topics delving into more "sane" territory.

Like many, I preferred Art Bell over Noory. But what I liked most about Bell's show was his regular guests such as UFO Phil, Father Malachi, and Terrence McKenna.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
^^^
Whitley Strieber hosted Dreamland or a regular co-host with Art Bell. Art seemed to always have good guests back in the day when he went to the late night all morning shows. Also he had good callers back then as well. Whitley now has his show on the web.

science, UFOs, alien abductions, crop circles, prophecy, reincarnation, environment | dreamland radio | unknowncountry

alternative news, science, culture, religion, ufos, alien encounters | unknowncountry | the edge of the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal