U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2015, 02:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,686 times

Advertisements

Art Bell IS C2C, that is why i don't listen anymore. George Noory is a hack collecting a big paycheck. Like others have said of Noory, very condescending and in my opinion a phony. Can't wait for Art's return.......a true passion for late night talk.

~Michael
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 02:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,686 times
I agree with me!ç

Old 02-28-2015, 03:13 PM

2,008 posts, read 6,424,638 times
He is a radio show host his job is to keep and gain a audience for his station and advertisers. It is fun and makes me think some but I won't dwell on every subject for sure ha ha.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:24 PM

2,008 posts, read 6,424,638 times
He is a radio show host his job is to keep and gain a audience for his station and advertisers. It is fun and makes me think some but I won't dwell on every subject for sure ha ha.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:26 PM

16,660 posts, read 13,537,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't get a chance to listen to him much because I generally have to go to bed so early. But, I like his show. I consider it to be entertainment. And I like to think about these sorts of 'paranormal' things--much more interesting than the 'real world' or radio shows talking about a boring a** 401K and roth IRA, hyped news drivel, or Dr. Laura caller's traumatized sexual problems/relationships.

Do I believe the things on the George Noory's show? Not very often. But then again I didn't believe Stephen King's It (my favorite modern novel) when I read it either. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it. One does not have to be 'illiterate' to enjoy fiction. If all there was to read were non-fiction, I wouldn't bother to read.
Dr. Laura?! Has there been a sighting?! I thought she , long ago, returned to her home planet.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:10 PM

8,387 posts, read 3,388,621 times
I liked (still like) Art Bell and it's too bad his latest show didn't work out. I also like George Noory, too - he's usually very nice to the listeners that call in. Only one time I heard him lose his cool somewhat - that was when a caller called in to say that the show had too much politics on it lately and I agreed with the caller because I noticed the same thing. It was a few years ago, and I tuned in a few times and all George and his guests were talking about was politics, like a completely different show that I wondered if they changed the format to politics. The caller was making a good valid point and George just jumped on him. Other than that time, George is a good host but I wish the show had more paranormal subjects like ghosts, haunted houses, maybe a bit of time travel, science of coincidences, strange and weird stories, etc. maybe less of UFOs. Lately, almost every night it has been UFOs.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:01 PM

1,508 posts, read 1,093,032 times
I like the show if I can get it. It's not on any local stations. Sometimes I can tune in a distant broadcast.
It's all crazy. I don't worry about credibility. It's fascinating to hear the far out stuff people can believe.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:15 AM

22,273 posts, read 20,088,148 times
I've taken to really liking Clyde Lewis on radio Ground Zero. But Noory has some very good shows and some great guests. Still, he has some really bad guests on. A guest host had a fake lady psychic on who was really boring and this past week Noory had an alleged Alien researcher who was a real crackpot. You either believe the ghost stories and alien encounters or not, but some are interesting and sound possibly believable and some just sound like they're making it all up. Then too, he has some great shows dealing with current sociological trends, political events and technology and conspiracy theories.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:28 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 9,701,568 times
It's definitely all based on a lies, they have lied in the past to get some sort of reaction listeners, they are concerned about getting listeners and donations from people, not so much about the material.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:48 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,457,103 times
I haven't listened since George took over, he is terrible and his content is boring. After Art left, I really had hoped Ian Punnit would have been given more slots but that didn't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal