U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 09:21 AM

454 posts, read 1,303,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawJ View Post
One other thing:

Ghosts are nothing more than ancient folklore. For example, people used to explain sickness as evil spirits inside one's body, only because they didn't have modern science to explain that a virus was making someone throw up or cough. You're talking about a time when alchemy and astrology were relevant. It's astonishing to me that as a human race we've made so much progress, yet we still hold on to such ancient and frivolous myths.
Yes ShawJ,
i share the same view!
it's fascinating, yet depressing if you think about it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,894,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawJ View Post
One other thing:

Ghosts are nothing more than ancient folklore. For example, people used to explain sickness as evil spirits inside one's body, only because they didn't have modern science to explain that a virus was making someone throw up or cough. You're talking about a time when alchemy and astrology were relevant. It's astonishing to me that as a human race we've made so much progress, yet we still hold on to such ancient and frivolous myths.
The real truth is that spirits have been coming back to earth ever since the first person died and his spirit moved over to the spirit world.

And there is at least one good reason for this... to let us know they are alive and not dead and buried six feet under. Once our own soul's perceptions are developed to a certain degree, we will understand this. And, of course, once we experience death ourselves, hopefully, we'll have a smooth transition to our new life.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:52 PM

7,087 posts, read 13,608,579 times
What do ghosts do all day?

Kick back, take a nap, maybe play a little cards, they wait for night before they do the spooky stuff.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
What do ghosts do all day?

Kick back, take a nap, maybe play a little cards, they wait for night before they do the spooky stuff.
you mean...they're in prison?

Old 12-24-2009, 06:06 PM

4,669 posts, read 5,342,707 times
I imagine that ghosts can be far more productive doing nothing than some of the live ones who do even less.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 1,872 times
HI, I experienced 2 clear loud knocks at my bedroom door last night where me and my daughter sleep(noone else lives here).
Also around the same time at my mothers house, she leaves the key in the front door and it had been half pushed out of the key hole, like some1 was tryin to enter her house.
I told my sister today and over the past week shes had a football roll across her lounge(noone near the ball and it'd been sat there ages without moving).

also shes felt some1 touching her leg.
Does this mean anything??
I filmed my daughter dancing the other day and it could just be poor lighting etc and natural but there was orb like lights going everywhere, but as i say im not to sure about that.

help, please?
i dont know how to post my own thread, sorry

Old 02-18-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopsloop View Post
HI, I experienced 2 clear loud knocks at my bedroom door last night where me and my daughter sleep(noone else lives here).
Also around the same time at my mothers house, she leaves the key in the front door and it had been half pushed out of the key hole, like some1 was tryin to enter her house.
I told my sister today and over the past week shes had a football roll across her lounge(noone near the ball and it'd been sat there ages without moving).

also shes felt some1 touching her leg.
Does this mean anything??
I filmed my daughter dancing the other day and it could just be poor lighting etc and natural but there was orb like lights going everywhere, but as i say im not to sure about that.

help, please?
i dont know how to post my own thread, sorry
nobody can help you figure out exactly what was happening....just speculations....
the knocking sound on the door could be wood expanding due to heat and coldness. it happens to our house (roof etc.) all the time. couple of knocks as the wood 'adjusts'. you may have heard it coming from the direction of the door and your mind associated that to "knocking".

leaving the key in the front door.....she may have pulled it out partially as she was opening the door without realizing. she then left it in there and the next day just "assumed" that the key was all the way in when it was closed....this has happend to me before as well.
football roll? not sure...maybe a small earth quick or other vibration from a train going by or something like that.
touching of legs? i don't know but there are a lot of nerves in the leg area that may act funny and giving unusual sensations. the brain then may interprit that as "touching".
the orbs in the video most definitely a lighting issue.

the more one gets in the mindset that "there's something out there", the more "encounters" or "brain playing tricks" will be experienced/percieved.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:51 AM

5,165 posts, read 8,552,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
I mean the people who passed on hundreds of years ago and are now spirits and ghosts haunting buildings and grounds, etc. What do they do all day long?
Exist in your imagination.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:00 AM

2 posts, read 1,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleenex View Post
nobody can help you figure out exactly what was happening....just speculations....
the knocking sound on the door could be wood expanding due to heat and coldness. it happens to our house (roof etc.) all the time. couple of knocks as the wood 'adjusts'. you may have heard it coming from the direction of the door and your mind associated that to "knocking".

leaving the key in the front door.....she may have pulled it out partially as she was opening the door without realizing. she then left it in there and the next day just "assumed" that the key was all the way in when it was closed....this has happend to me before as well.
football roll? not sure...maybe a small earth quick or other vibration from a train going by or something like that.
touching of legs? i don't know but there are a lot of nerves in the leg area that may act funny and giving unusual sensations. the brain then may interprit that as "touching".
the orbs in the video most definitely a lighting issue.

the more one gets in the mindset that "there's something out there", the more "encounters" or "brain playing tricks" will be experienced/percieved.

the key things happened twice more at my mums, now the opening of wardrobe doors and a bedroom door, wide open. why doors...

Old 06-14-2012, 10:32 PM

171 posts, read 314,798 times
Some ghosts are active in the daytime. I've experienced this multiple time at multiple places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal