U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 12:29 AM

20,789 posts, read 26,082,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRollin View Post
Some ghosts are active in the daytime. I've experienced this multiple time at multiple places.
Yes they are. We are more likely to notice them at night. And I think they are more active at night.

What we call "ghosts" are a collection of disparate phenomena. What they do in the day would differ as to the type of phenomena that is in question.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 AM

7,288 posts, read 11,644,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Back in the early 80s, I took a picture of my child's fingerprints that were on a mirror in the hallway at my home. This mirror was located across from the bathroom door. To my surprise, a woman spirit was standing in the doorway and you can see her face as plain as day.

As soon as I figure out how to attach it, you can see for yourself.
Please attach, asap.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
I mean the people who passed on hundreds of years ago and are now spirits and ghosts haunting buildings and grounds, etc. What do they do all day long?
Not every one who has passed is a "ghost."

Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 AM

20,068 posts, read 15,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Pace the ancient halls wringing their hands and wailing:

"Just LOOK at that wallpaper!"

ROFL!!! Funniest thing I've seen on this site today!!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 12:23 PM

13,603 posts, read 22,233,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes they are. We are more likely to notice them at night. And I think they are more active at night.

What we call "ghosts" are a collection of disparate phenomena. What they do in the day would differ as to the type of phenomena that is in question.
I think that the vast majority of hauntings are residual -- as in something of importance happened at that site at some time and has imprinted itself on the area. And so it shall replay like a video from time to time.

Supposedly, the train that carried Abraham Lincoln's body appears annually. Now -- a train has no soul. But imagine our country at the time. We had just ended a bloody horrible war that nearly tore apart our country, 625,0000 men dead, almost a half a million more wounded and maimed -- and thanks to John Wilkes Booth, we were plunged into a deep mourning again. Because ending the war didn't really end the hostilities and emotions.

But mourners who were mourning much more than a presidential assassination now had a focus, and that train passed through all that sorrow and emotion -- both sorrow and negative energy of the people who thought it was good he was dead.... that the train ride was imprinted in the areas where it shows up every year.

You can't act with it, you can't ask it questions and get answers. Don't get me started on EVP's -- most of them aren't anything, the rest are residual...

I think it's rare you get an active haunting with a spirit that can interact.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:04 PM

12,063 posts, read 13,971,176 times
They hide just one of your socks.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:40 AM

24,682 posts, read 49,084,410 times
I guess ghosts are just harder to see in broad daylight?

Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 AM

171 posts, read 314,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
They hide just one of your socks.
LOL! Then my place is haunted for sure!

Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 AM

12,408 posts, read 17,395,335 times
I would just like to notify the comedian wannabes on this forum that 'Unexplained . . . ' is a forum for believers. Scoffers are not welcomed here. There are religious threads from which atheist posts are deleted. The same will happen here. We are not here for your entertainment purposes. If you have nothing to contribute, kindly leave.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I think that the vast majority of hauntings are residual -- as in something of importance happened at that site at some time and has imprinted itself on the area. And so it shall replay like a video from time to time.

Supposedly, the train that carried Abraham Lincoln's body appears annually. Now -- a train has no soul. But imagine our country at the time. We had just ended a bloody horrible war that nearly tore apart our country, 625,0000 men dead, almost a half a million more wounded and maimed -- and thanks to John Wilkes Booth, we were plunged into a deep mourning again. Because ending the war didn't really end the hostilities and emotions.

But mourners who were mourning much more than a presidential assassination now had a focus, and that train passed through all that sorrow and emotion -- both sorrow and negative energy of the people who thought it was good he was dead.... that the train ride was imprinted in the areas where it shows up every year.

You can't act with it, you can't ask it questions and get answers. Don't get me started on EVP's -- most of them aren't anything, the rest are residual...

I think it's rare you get an active haunting with a spirit that can interact.
I agree that a majority are residual hauntings. Not all, but many. It is the most common type of haunting. And I agree that attempted interaction with what is essentially a video tape, will yield nothing.

However, non-human discarnate spirits, who are hungry for human interaction and may be in search of a dwelling place, may be interested in "playing pretend" - that's why people need to be careful.

And stay away from the Ouija board!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal