Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
And stay away from the Ouija board!!!!
I totally agree here -- which is a shame, because they are really pretty. It's not often you see a "game" that's pretty.

Masterpiece was a pretty game, but that involved selling art...

Anyhow -- I digress -- when I was younger the movie The Exorcist came out and my MYF (Methodist Youth Fellowship) minister talked to us about it he said quite emphatically if you don't mess with something problems won't come knocking on your door.

It's quite true for a number of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,600,888 times
I figure there must be a different sense of time so no night/day...

...having said that, I'd be pulling some really good practical jokes.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 686 times
During the day they usually stay in their above-earth dimension (antariksha, also called bhutaloka) and during the night they descend to earth (some are present on earth permanently) and appear in places where they died or to which they're emotionally attached. They are very active during sandhyas (conjunctions of day and night) as well as during midday and midnight. According to Garuda Purana 2.49.11 they can enter (so-called possession) non-living objects, insects, birds, animals, people and devas. In some cases within days after death they temporarily possess a wild animal, a bird or an insect (e.g. a butterfly). In this form they appear to their family members to say goodbye. This however doesn't mean they have peacefully left, rather the opposite.
Often they attach themselves to the subtle body of an incarnated being and live off his energy (prana) as parasites. They feed on impure substances (all kinds of garbage). They suffer because without physical body they can't fully satisfy their desires like hunger, thirst or sex desire. This pertains especially to persons addicted to intoxocants who need a host with whom thus appears or increases existing addiction. They wait until their karma-set time expires and they will be able to incarnate again.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:01 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANDERER10816 View Post
...during the night they descend to earth...
Yeah, well the earth is a sphere (well, close enough), so it's always nighttime somewhere.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:58 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANDERER10816 View Post
During the day they usually stay in their above-earth dimension (antariksha, also called bhutaloka) and during the night they descend to earth (some are present on earth permanently) and appear in places where they died or to which they're emotionally attached. They are very active during sandhyas (conjunctions of day and night) as well as during midday and midnight. According to Garuda Purana 2.49.11 they can enter (so-called possession) non-living objects, insects, birds, animals, people and devas. In some cases within days after death they temporarily possess a wild animal, a bird or an insect (e.g. a butterfly). In this form they appear to their family members to say goodbye. This however doesn't mean they have peacefully left, rather the opposite.
Often they attach themselves to the subtle body of an incarnated being and live off his energy (prana) as parasites. They feed on impure substances (all kinds of garbage). They suffer because without physical body they can't fully satisfy their desires like hunger, thirst or sex desire. This pertains especially to persons addicted to intoxocants who need a host with whom thus appears or increases existing addiction. They wait until their karma-set time expires and they will be able to incarnate again.
I sure would like to see some documented evidence from a credible source as to what you stated in this posting above.

Bob.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:14 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
I mean the people who passed on hundreds of years ago and are now spirits and ghosts haunting buildings and grounds, etc. What do they do all day long?
The people who passed on hundreds of years ago? Undoubtedly, they've reincarnated by now. In-between lives, it's said they're occupied with a number of things: looking after their loved ones still living (being guardian angels); going through spiritual training to advance their maturity; helping "process" people through, after mass disasters (think: earthquakes and tsunamis, genocide and war, 9/11, etc.), and hanging out & blissing out.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:56 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
I don't know any ghosts so I don't know. I have no strong feelings about this. I talk to my mom sometimes but she doesn't give me any answers. Oh, how I'd love to sit across from her and chat. She left us in 2000.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:42 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,989,731 times
Probably just sit around and swap ghost stories! Waiting for you to come home so they have someone to play with.

Last edited by stilldriveem; 06-08-2017 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: More Info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal