U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:05 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,903,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACHELLA View Post
i asked my pastor if ghost were real. he said no. they are demons and they are way smarter than human kind and they "haunt" us so we will be curious about them and want to seek more about them. which later will open up a door to them into our lives (like a wigi board) and they can cause truama and some bad stuff. then i asked a pentecostal pastor and he said the same thing. they are demons. (btw, i asked a baptist pastor first) but only ur own opinion matters i guess. and they both said demons come as they go here on earth. so they dont sit around in an empty building twiddling their thumbs :L .. this is just a question i had and asked 2 ppl who are really close to God and i was pretty sure they would't bs me ya know..
Well, believe me, I am very close to my Heavenly Father.

And yes, there are evil spirits who roam this earth with nothing better to do than harass us.

However, there are millions and millions of spirits who are in love and light, who also come when we call them for prayer.

The best thing to do to keep evil spirits away from your presence is to pray for protection and keep your thoughts on a higher level to attract the higher, more loving spirits.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 07:10 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,312,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
When you become one, you will then know what I'm talking about.
I somehow suspected you would know all about it!

Just another subjective thing of which the concept is rediculous and of which there is zero proof. That's ZERO PROOF!

SUPERSTITION: A belief or concept for which there is no material evidence...or as P. T. Barnum would call it...bullschit!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:19 AM

7,087 posts, read 13,642,795 times
What do ghosts do all day?

Usually they just hang out in the Apparition forum, they're a spooky lot.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:34 AM

1,090 posts, read 2,057,495 times
Quote:
which later will open up a door to them into our lives (like a wigi board)
Oh yes.. those wigi boards are dangerous, dangerous things. Ouija boards are fine, though.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 AM

13,856 posts, read 24,205,324 times
Quote:
i asked my pastor if ghost were real. he said no. they are demons and they are way smarter than human kind and they "haunt" us so we will be curious about them and want to seek more about them. which later will open up a door to them into our lives (like a wigi board) and they can cause truama and some bad stuff. then i asked a pentecostal pastor and he said the same thing. they are demons. (btw, i asked a baptist pastor first) but only ur own opinion matters i guess. and they both said demons come as they go here on earth. so they dont sit around in an empty building twiddling their thumbs :L .. this is just a question i had and asked 2 ppl who are really close to God and i was pretty sure they would't bs me ya know..
No offense to your pastor, but I've come to believe that saying that things we don't understand are "demons" is generally a bad idea. The Gospels seem to warn against recklessly attributing things to the devil. And from a practical perspective it strikes me as lazy thinking or a bit unworkable.

I believe in the supernatural and miracles, but I don't think we're required to look for supernatural explanations every time someone makes a claim. I admit if anything I tend to go the opposite. In Catholic tradition we tend to investigate claims of miracles during the process of canonizing saints and try to seek natural explanations first. I think that's how I tend to see paranormal claims with some exceptions. I am willing to believe people believe they have experienced ghosts. I'm also willing to believe some of them experienced "something" which may not be currently explained by theology or science. However I think many claims aren't anything remarkable and I generally don't believe in ghosts.

Anyway on SoCal's deal I do believe in apparitions of saints so I guess that could seem like "ghosts." However the idea behind it is different. It's people in heaven appearing with a moral message, not anyone haunting anything. In some cases their life is an example for certain things that can be a guide or lesson for the living. (A saint who died in the Holocaust is believed to have appeared to my Mom once before his canonization) However "woo I'm in your house" doesn't seem like a particularly important message and I'm not sure what moral lesson we're supposed to gain from that.

(In this sense, despite what some here might think, I'm really pretty logical. I think supernatural things usually or always happen for some kind of reason. It's not just random craziness and to a large extent I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea stuff just happens without rhyme or reason. More like reasonablist, I suppose, than rationalist.)

Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 AM

3,334 posts, read 5,502,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Plus, there are a lot of spirits who, when they were humans, liked to drink and dance and were party animals. So that's what these spirits do. And get this, say you are at a bar having one of your favorite cocktails or beer, you may have the company of several spirits right next to your bar stool getting drunk with every sip you take. Even though they literally can't touch a drop of it. And the effect on you is that you may become more intoxicated.
Ghosts can get drunk? Hopefully they can't drive!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,882,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post

(In this sense, despite what some here might think, I'm really pretty logical. I think supernatural things usually or always happen for some kind of reason. It's not just random craziness and to a large extent I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea stuff just happens without rhyme or reason. More like reasonablist, I suppose, than rationalist.)
If you were truly logical and rational, you wouldn't believe in supernatural fallacies.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:05 AM

13,145 posts, read 20,494,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
I mean the people who passed on hundreds of years ago and are now spirits and ghosts haunting buildings and grounds, etc. What do they do all day long?
Who is to say time works as we understand it? The fact we see the world in a linear progression is because of our culture's Indo-European roots. Other cultures understand time in a cyclical or repeating manor.

Even our concept of days, months and years is arbitrary, based on the rotations of the Earth and completely irrelevant anywhere else in the Universe. We could be the ones stuck in a boring state of existence, trying to figure out what to do all day long while they are free to see any time or place they want.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:17 AM

4,349 posts, read 6,851,693 times
I don’t believe in ghost so in my view we (or they if you like) do the same thing we do all day while our subconscious rest. It/they will all come back when our minds have time to play make believe games again.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:57 PM

392 posts, read 1,023,596 times
Most ghosts actually appear right during the middle of the day.

Back in middle school we went on a field trip to identify trees in the woods by a large lake. It was a science class with 8 students.

A woman came walking out of the forest and was in tears dripping wet and said "everyone drowned and burned, their all dead, help me, the boat sank, help us." She was a real lady. Our teacher wrapped her up in his coat and we all ran down to the lake to see if we could help anyone. There was nothing, no sign of a burning boat or other people. As we returned to our lunch site, the lady was gone. The teachers coat lay on the ground. We looked and looked for her and hiked back to bus on the main road. We drove to a small country store down the road and our teacher called authorities. Turns out 50 years before a house boat exploded, burned and sank at the lake. An entire family of 6 people perished. We later pulled up the newspaper clipping and saw the lady (mother) in the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal