Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:23 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Good one.

I read about one spirit who drowned at sea and he was treading water for centuries. He couldn't figure out why in the world this was happening or how to even go beyond and swim to shore.

How would you like to have that experience?

Plus, there are a lot of spirits who, when they were humans, liked to drink and dance and were party animals. So that's what these spirits do. And get this, say you are at a bar having one of your favorite cocktails or beer, you may have the company of several spirits right next to your bar stool getting drunk with every sip you take. Even though they literally can't touch a drop of it. And the effect on you is that you may become more intoxicated.

Other spirits who were perverts, just keep going along this path finding victims to harass.

Having a clue about the next life is really important... even if you don't believe it exists. Because as you go through the transition from physical death to spiritual life, it's really pain free and easy, but where your first "home" will be depends on your belief system. And keep in mind, that your first home in the next world will not be your last. It is only the starting point.
Other spirits post very long, boring posts on this Forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 09:41 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
There's a joker in every forum... hahaha.
Oh I don't know. The fllying spaghetti monster theory (all hail his noodley appendages) makes more sense that the other theories being bounced around.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:46 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Ghosts can get drunk? Hopefully they can't drive!
Hummmmmmm, can see the ticket now "Floating in Air while intoxicated"

Old 11-29-2009, 09:50 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
I think that anyone who sees or hears ghosts, demons, angels, devils, vampires, zombies, or any other spirits or supernatural entities owe it to themselves to consider the following link.

Causes of Delusions - WrongDiagnosis.com

Old 11-30-2009, 02:23 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think that anyone who sees or hears ghosts, demons, angels, devils, vampires, zombies, or any other spirits or supernatural entities owe it to themselves to consider the following link.

Causes of Delusions - WrongDiagnosis.com
There have been perfectly calm and sober people who had supernatural experiences. Including some who had been atheist.

And no I don't mean some Internet "I was atheist and now I'm Evangelical!" person. I mean authors and scientists, some of whom became religiously unaffiliated theists and whose reported experience does not validate my own belief. I think J. Neil Schulman's reported "divine experience" might even contradict my beliefs on some issues. I am not entirely sure what to make of that. My initial urge might be to say he was delusional or dishonest. Or he is delusional, but in some way different than normal. Although I think I've considered that he really had an experience, but that he just misinterpreted it. Or maybe something else.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
eanassir wrote:
Quote:
Moreover, the insects disturb them and birds pierce their ethereal structure.

In addition, smells from restaurants and WC hurt them so much.
So ghosts get insect bites and are attacked by birds? Where did you get this information? Just curious.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
There have been perfectly calm and sober people who had supernatural experiences. Including some who had been atheist.

And no I don't mean some Internet "I was atheist and now I'm Evangelical!" person. I mean authors and scientists, some of whom became religiously unaffiliated theists and whose reported experience does not validate my own belief. I think J. Neil Schulman's reported "divine experience" might even contradict my beliefs on some issues. I am not entirely sure what to make of that. My initial urge might be to say he was delusional or dishonest. Or he is delusional, but in some way different than normal. Although I think I've considered that he really had an experience, but that he just misinterpreted it. Or maybe something else.
There are many people who live their entire lives with undiagnosed mental issues, simply because their concept of reality does not indicate that there is anything wrong. Calm and sober is really meaningless unless you think that somehow mental illness manifests itself in irrational erratic behaviour. Many times this is not the case at all.

If anything people that have these spiritual experiences, see ghosts or whatever, think that they have some special powers, an extra sense, or are favoured in some way, not that they have mental issues.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
I mean the people who passed on hundreds of years ago and are now spirits and ghosts haunting buildings and grounds, etc. What do they do all day long?
A day to a ghost is like 10,000 days to a real person. Ghosts have eyes that shoot lasers and for hands they have claws like a mountain cat. They have no brains so they don't realize that they are bored and have nothing to do. They can't even use their claws or laser-eyes because they have no brains to do it. They don't eat or sleep, they don't read or watch TV. Mostly, they move around all day without knowing why, and they don't even care. Most of them never wear a sheet like a child would on Halloween, but most people don't realize this. Also, ghosts never need to go toilet, so they never have any problems.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:26 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

Moreover, the insects disturb them and birds pierce their ethereal structure.

In addition, smells from restaurants and WC hurt them so much.
If insects disturb ghosts, then considering there are loads of insects both day and night almost everywhere, there shouldn't be any ghosts anywhere.

I don't know if the smells from WC would hurt a ghost, but it can be pretty nasty on the nostrils of the living.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:54 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Ummm . . .

How about nothing, because they don't exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal