Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:52 AM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I don't believe in ghosts myself, but people I care about do and I respect that.

As the idea of ghosts is that they are dead people I imagine they do whatever people would do when they're in a situation where they can't interact with anything. (At least anyone living) In that situation I think you might want to be some place with music or entertainment that doesn't require interaction to enjoy. Maybe a movie theater or concert hall. Although some people enjoy "people watching" so maybe a restaurant, bar, or airport. Or if you're of the intellectual sort lecture halls of a University.

Granted for some people the initial urges might be to tell off everyone who angered you or run naked through the streets laughing maniacally or entering top secret facilities or whatever. Or if you're of the more kindhearted sort watching your loved ones and reflecting on your life. Although I think both those things could become painful or dull in time.

I don't see the urge of haunting one specific place unless you have to do that. I think watching the place and world you know drift into memory or oblivion would be rather unpleasant. I'm a homebody, but even I wouldn't want to be stuck in a house or park or whatever for ages on end.
Good one.

I read about one spirit who drowned at sea and he was treading water for centuries. He couldn't figure out why in the world this was happening or how to even go beyond and swim to shore.

How would you like to have that experience?

Plus, there are a lot of spirits who, when they were humans, liked to drink and dance and were party animals. So that's what these spirits do. And get this, say you are at a bar having one of your favorite cocktails or beer, you may have the company of several spirits right next to your bar stool getting drunk with every sip you take. Even though they literally can't touch a drop of it. And the effect on you is that you may become more intoxicated.

Other spirits who were perverts, just keep going along this path finding victims to harass.

Having a clue about the next life is really important... even if you don't believe it exists. Because as you go through the transition from physical death to spiritual life, it's really pain free and easy, but where your first "home" will be depends on your belief system. And keep in mind, that your first home in the next world will not be your last. It is only the starting point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 12:53 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,315,520 times
Sounds like a moral lecture wrapped in a ghost story to me. If you don't believe in heaven this is what will happen to you.

If there is such thing as ghosts (and I have seen and heard a few but remain open minded to possible explanations) then I think they would be from another dimension, perhaps one that does not follow our concept of time.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post

See why it's best to believe in something than nada?
Hah, right. Good ol' Pascal's Wager yet again. Can't you people come up with anything better than that?

There are no ghosts, so they don't "do" anything during the day OR the night.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:32 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,140 times
They're busy writing novels, stories etc. Geez, haven't you ever heard of a Ghostwriter?

Old 11-21-2009, 01:50 PM

27 posts, read 37,448 times
they spend thier time practicing "booo booo" and going to costco for sheets.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:16 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Hah, right. Good ol' Pascal's Wager yet again. Can't you people come up with anything better than that?

There are no ghosts, so they don't "do" anything during the day OR the night.
I don't believe in ghosts either, but it can be fun to think about or play with a mythology or concept even if you don't buy it. I think that's how I took it. If someone said "what do werewolves do?" it would feel a bit spoil-sport to just say "werewolves don't exist, don't be stupid."

Old 11-22-2009, 04:58 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,169,437 times
This time of year they are putting the "white meat" in turkeys.
Aint you ever heard of the "ghost gobbler"?
And at Christmas time they will evolve into Wallmart greeters.
I have an application in now.
Told them I could start as soon as I get done with the turkeys.
I was a Wells Fargo stage coach layover greeter 150 yrs ago.
I have experience.

Just got a reply back from Wallmart. They told me to "float on down".
Just don't try to go through the doors when I do on Black Friday. I can sift through the cracks.
You have to wait untill the doors are open.
But don't be scared. I wont hurt you. If you are a pretty woman I might just brush against your leg. But it will only feel like a wisp of air.
Ghosts need love too. Please wear short skirts.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:07 AM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
I don't believe in ghosts either, but it can be fun to think about or play with a mythology or concept even if you don't buy it. I think that's how I took it. If someone said "what do werewolves do?" it would feel a bit spoil-sport to just say "werewolves don't exist, don't be stupid."
Back in the early 80s, I took a picture of my child's fingerprints that were on a mirror in the hallway at my home. This mirror was located across from the bathroom door. To my surprise, a woman spirit was standing in the doorway and you can see her face as plain as day.

As soon as I figure out how to attach it, you can see for yourself.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Did you bother to read the post I was responding to? I didn't tell the OP that he was "stupid". I was responding to another poster who said it was "safer" to believe in the supernatural than to disbelieve.

That's a Pascal's Wager situation, so my response was completely accurate.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Back in the early 80s, I took a picture of my child's fingerprints that were on a mirror in the hallway at my home. This mirror was located across from the bathroom door. To my surprise, a woman spirit was standing in the doorway and you can see her face as plain as day.

As soon as I figure out how to attach it, you can see for yourself.
Gosh, go show it to James Randi and make a fortune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal