U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 08:16 AM

14,048 posts, read 20,276,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
If the ghostbuster guy didn't have an occurance, that only reflects him...and him a lone...cause again if spirits exists, their not 'dumb'...they're not going to allow themselves to be 'played' like that...(to use street term).......
Yeah, but, like, why wouldn't the spirits get all pissed off at Penn & Teller for mocking their powers and then lay down some evilness on their ass? At least send a demon or two to haunt them later on.

You gotta admit, the Penn and Teller bit (you have to go to the second video for the blindfold test) is funny, and those "new age" Salem mystics are a hoot. And, hey, they proclaimed that using their marketed Oiuja board has never failed anyone! So it must be true. LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 10:27 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,450,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah, but, like, why wouldn't the spirits get all pissed off at Penn & Teller for mocking their powers and then lay down some evilness on their ass? At least send a demon or two to haunt them later on.

You gotta admit, the Penn and Teller bit (you have to go to the second video for the blindfold test) is funny, and those "new age" Salem mystics are a hoot. And, hey, they proclaimed that using their marketed Oiuja board has never failed anyone! So it must be true. LOL
i think you should do your own experiments--and put it on you tube,notify we posters so we can see how accurate these experiences are and while u r at it go ahead and challenge any entities out there for a bigger laugh ---i would offer to pray for god's protection if u do that but u may not even feel that He exsists

Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 AM

14,048 posts, read 20,276,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i think you should do your own experiments--and put it on you tube,notify we posters so we can see how accurate these experiences are and while u r at it go ahead and challenge any entities out there for a bigger laugh ---i would offer to pray for god's protection if u do that but u may not even feel that He exsists
Why do it when it's already been done? There are already plenty of Ouija board experiences recorded on youtube, usually done by 13 year olds that involve someone off camera playing with flashlights and screaming. Look it up, you will see. Now, as far as I know they weren't followed up by CBS or NBC reporting that "Teenagers doing Ouija Board Internet Hoax Accidently Opens Gates of Hell" so I have to be just a bit skeptical about them. But that's just me.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Why do it when it's already been done? There are already plenty of Ouija board experiences recorded on youtube, usually done by 13 year olds that involve someone off camera playing with flashlights and screaming. Look it up, you will see. Now, as far as I know they weren't followed up by CBS or NBC reporting that "Teenagers doing Ouija Board Internet Hoax Accidently Opens Gates of Hell" so I have to be just a bit skeptical about them. But that's just me.
i would prefer you an adult skeptic--unless you were one of the 13 yr olds

Old 01-11-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
in my dealings with the skeptics--they seem to do the most poorly when confronted by something supernatural

Old 01-11-2012, 06:17 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,810,436 times
Quote:
in my dealings with the skeptics--they seem to do the most poorly when confronted by something supernatural
And or usually when there turn comes, it's 4 times worse than it would be on just your average person...

Spirits take notes, they wait and they study...they are not dumb...

And I know 'Drag me to Hell' was just a fictional movie...as was 'Paranormal activity'...

But the behavior of both entities in those movies was similuar, in that they 'toyed' with their victims initially...

Demons or bad spirits seem to enjoy doing that...they're eternal beings after all...their time scale is totally different than ours...

But anyways...in both those movies, the 'bad spirit' toyed, messed with, their victims before the finaly...

They seem to enjoy ruining lives, watching one degrade over time, putting them in a state of depression or doubt...(in phases like I think you described earlier)...

I realize it's not always a 'one and done' type of event where the spirit just says 'boo'...and is gone...

In some cases it's more like slow preparation, the way one tenderizes a steak, gets it all soft, before grilling it....

But one thing I've observed, like people, evil spirits wait...they plot and plan...
And also not everyone may be as important to garner the attention of a spirit as they think...

Some spirits just simply may not see any 'value' in scareing you...you could be very low low priority on the 'list' per say...

After all these spirits have been around a long time, through many generations of man, have seen alot...to think they're always going to be impressed enough to bother some average Joe or Jane all the time is not realistic...

But it seems once you do annoy one, or 'bother' it, and get it to notice you...it seems it's very hard to get it 'off your back'....

Even in the bible, the New Testiment, there's a passage where Jesus says that he himself, doesn't even unessisarily 'mock' the devil...

In other words, regardless of who people think Jesus was, I find it interesting that the character and or person of Jesus mentions that mocking the devil, is probably not the best idea...

Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 AM

630 posts, read 408,992 times
My experience revolved around a particular weekend in Nantucket (so 3-4 times over a 3-4 day period). I was in a band and Nantucket Island was a monthly destination for us (where we'd play 4-5 days at a clip. A really nice getaway for us and a time to unwind with long stretches of 'nothing to do'). There was alot of buzz among the bands on the circuit that Quija is something you MUST do while you're there...

I see some of folks mentioned the Parker Bros. Quija board product/ game. With the intent to participate in the buzz, our band out of sheer boredom walked into town to visit the toy store. $36 US for a frickin Quija board??? No way Jose... Do not bother with the game/ product. The kinetic operation is ALL wrong. I'd encourage you to make your own (as I did).

One 24-30 inch round end table
One pizza box (thin stock, not corrugate cardboard)
One Sharpie (black Marker)
One pair of scissors
One metal cap (e.g. from 1 gallon grape juice bottle or Snapple cap)

Cut out & label pieces from the pizza box (enough for A-Z, 0-9, Yes, No, (and please don't forget) 'good bye'.

Arrange pieces around the edge of the table (cap goes in the middle). Players face each other placing index and middle fingers on the cap.

A weak (for the sake of using a word) 'entity' will guide the cap slowly and haphazardly, unable to spell words. A strong entity will get the cap moving in a clockwise rotation (to the point where your shoulders will ache and the paint on the cap will wear down causing an eerie squealing sound). It will be able to spell out words, and answer direct questions...

Would I say my experience was mostly positive or negative?

I'd say enlightening siding on the positive only because the experience was exhilarating (YMMV.)

Do I believe you were genuinely channeling spirits, or do I believe it was physical/psychological effects?

Well here's where it gets tricky. On one hand it's plausible that the players are subconsciously controlling the board (which in itself is an interesting phenomenon). I myself was not forcing the cap in any direction and I also believe the people who I experienced this with (known for years/ trusted implicitly) were not forcing it either. Way too many combinations of people on the board that generated similar board movement, dialogue to think otherwise.

On the other hand here are some highlights of what we did 'find out' and I have 8-10 people who can corroborate the accounts:

One entity named names of our singers Aunt and Uncle whom he lived with as a young teenager (father left/ mother institutionalized). Singer was in our presence, and asked the board specifically 'who are you, really?' but he was NOT controlling the board. Those on the board could not have known these names to begin with. What is interesting is that the Aunt and Uncle were still alive and well...

After one our nightly performances we had some girls over. Nancy in particular was very good at asking questions (school teacher). We brought something in that claimed to be a little girl (4 years old). She claimed she was sad, not feeling well, not home, and had a number on her room. More questions steered us to deduce that she was in the hospital (entity confirmed that was the case). Her first name was Nya (perhaps short for Cynthia) and her last name 'Ayers'. Nantucket was a Whaling / fishing community and the Ayers name belongs to a prominent family on the Island in the 1800's.

My personal favorite revolves around our road manager, Mike Smith, commonly referred to as Smitty. Smitty could best be described as a tightly wound guy, quick to throw punches, a real clenched fist. You could imagine (and be correct) that he was very skeptical of this whole experience. Anyway, at some point during the night someone asked the board if there's anyone they want to talk to?

Board: 'Mike'

Us to Smitty (in next room): 'Hey Mike, somebody wants to talk to you?'

Smitty: 'Yeah right, ask it who the **** it is'

Us to board: 'Who the **** are you?'

Board spells Mike

Us to Smitty: 'Mike, Hey Smitty, looks like you want to talk to yourself'. 'Smitty?, Smitty, where are you? c'mon.... talk to the board...'

It turns out Smitty was lying on the kitchen floor sobbing uncontrollably. Mike (Smitty) had a nephew 'Mike' that was named after him and idolized him. Nephew Mike had died accidentally (O.D.) some years ago at the age of 14.

On one hand it was incredibly sad (that Smitty) was not only devastated by the death, but reliving it, and in a position where he might be able to communicate with his Nephew. On the other it was unbelievably funny/ ironic that the 'unbeliever' was confronted directly with his skepticism, where it hurt the most. A tried and true roughneck reduced to tears (and nobody in the room knew of this nephew... expect Smitty and the board).

Smitty (sobbing): 'Is that really you Mike?'

Board: 'Yes'

Smitty (sobbing): I love you Mike!'

Board: 'I miss you'

Smitty (sobbing): I miss you too!'

Board: 'Good Bye'

After the smoke cleared, Smitty was slightly ****ed up for a bit. Was very distrustful of what transpired and either outright bolted or threatened to kick the ass of anyone at the mention of his experience. In other word on the surface, he was his old self again

I don't regret my experience. I'm happy to have lived it and happy to share it with others. You might want to ask Smitty if it's worth going deep on the Ouija tho...

Old 01-16-2012, 01:41 AM

4,531 posts, read 4,025,295 times
Unfortunately it is the same with all things that cannot be measured at the moment, the scientists types dont believe it because they cannot touch it, measure it, cut it up or poke holes in it.

The airy-fairy ones (like me) believe through personal experience which cannot be 'proved' to the sciency types and they would not believe us anyway. Leave us to our own beliefs I guess is the answer.

We cannot give other people our experience, they have to find out for themselves through trial and error and we cannot tell people of the dangers of things if they dont want to listen.

I think that we better just let those who think there is nothing wrong with these things have their own way, and if they find out there is a problem, then they will know better in the future.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:47 PM

1,075 posts, read 871,108 times
Quote:
foolish people think it's a game used to contact spirits--well they sometimes do and then it gets to be dangerous as it is an easy means for negative energies to attach themselves to a place---as long as foolish people buy and use this it will continue tobe in stores but should not be in the toy section
Although I agree with you it is not a toy, it is also not dangerous... no more so than any tool you use, whether it be a tool for building a house, or communicating with your higher self or other spirits.

The Ouija board is NOT dangerous and doesn't not have the ability to bring about negative energies just because you use it. Mostly, the only thing it does is give people a good way of scaring others.

I've used all sorts of "spirit boards" for a very long time and have not had one bad/negative experience. Just like I've used Tarot cards, runes, and other divination tools without any bad/negative experiences. The Ouija board is no different.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:59 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,810,436 times
With you, it's not different...

But with others, for whatever reasons, it usually is....

Just like war, I use to hear how in vietnam some soldiers or marines would serve 2-4 tours, beyond what they had too...and they would live, make it out of multiple battles with not so much as a scratch...

Then you hear of others, who upon their first tour, moments after stepping off of transport plane, get shot....

One experience occuring doesn't mean the other experience didn't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal