Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 03:13 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'll agree it is not limited to ouiji boards.

Originally the purpose was to communicate with the spirit world, its only a tool.

Everything is energy and potentially holds residual energy, including the ouiji board.
GREAT RESPONSE----i am sure the naysayers on this forum will go through great lengths to rationalize their opinions that energy be it positive or negative cannot be connected to an object nor affect some one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 03:20 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'll agree it is not limited to ouiji boards.

Originally the purpose was to communicate with the spirit world, its only a tool.

Everything is energy and potentially holds residual energy, including the ouiji board.
No, what I actually meant was - how do you attribute any unknown occurance to SPIRITS specifically...rather than any of the other metaphysical or supernatural events that one may believe in (not to mention, just plain old coincidence or natural events both known and unknown).

Old 01-04-2012, 03:31 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
GREAT RESPONSE----i am sure the naysayers on this forum will go through great lengths to rationalize their opinions that energy be it positive or negative cannot be connected to an object nor affect some one
I have seen no one in this thread go through great lengths to disprove your beliefs because to do so would be pointless, sure there were a few comments and snikers. I actually find it quant, maybe even reassuring, in this day and age, for one to have these beliefs in the supernatural.
As for me, I'm just trying to understand what the basis of these beliefs are, and what the limits of it are. For example - do you make fun of Big Foot believers or the guys that put pyramids over their heads for the "energy transfer" or are you all part of the same club, so to speak? I'm serious.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:14 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Has anyone had weird experiences while using one or after?

I will never use a Ouija board again. I have not used one in over thirty years. I have had frightening experiences, along with others while using this tool.
Some people may try to use it and nothing will happen. For other people, a lot may happen. And NONE of it will be GOOD!

I was given one as a teenager by my mom. It was a Christmas present. I'd never heard of one, but at some time during the 1970s they were re-introduced by the company that has the rights to the board. I tried it with my sisters, and it didn't work at all. Later in the day my cousins came to visit, and I showed it to her. The moment we touched the planchette (the plastic piece that moves across the board began to fly! Literally, we had to keep up with the planchette! Not only were we not pushing it, but it was pulling us!
We showed our parents, and for a time they amused themselves by asking it questions. They asked it questions that we would have no way of knowing the answer to - things that had happened before we were born. It was right ALL OF the time. It also claimed to be a deceased great Aunt Anna.

Many things happened in the next several years that involved the board. When I went away to college, I took it with me. The funny thing was, I was not the only one who took a Ouija board! At college I had more strange experiences. Great Aunt Anna was not so sweet. The moment we would put the planchette on the board, it began making figure eights. Then it would spell " A -N-A -A" over and over again. Has anyone else had the figure eight experience?

It had started saying scary things. Things that were disturbing and violent. We attempted to ask questions as we had earlier. Advice. Predictions. the usual matters that interest young woman in their late teens. However, this entity, did not want to play that way any more.

One night we invited a skeptical friend to our dorm room. We needed a scribe because it was moving so quickly. Our friend was a Math major and was really there to prove that this was all nonsense. After taking notes for a few minutes, our friend finally asked if any of us spoke or had studied German. We had not. None of us knew the language at all.

We asked why and our friend said that the board or whatever was controlling the board was speaking German. It said that it was a Nazi, and it said in German that it would not speak to us, unless "the Jew left the room." Our friend was and is Jewish. He looked honestly frightenedd and did not want to work it with us ever again.

We attempted to take the board into the woods that night and leave it under a pile of leaves. Shortly after, the board showed up, outside our dorm room !

During this time, tensions between each other began to surface. A girl from another floor who had worked the board with us a few times, attempted suicide. Things in our room disappeared and reappeared. Term papers, note books - things that caused stress.

Much more happened. Too much to write here.
I am certain of these things 1. The board itself has "no magic powers". It is a spiritualist tool. (it was developed for adults during the Spiritualist frenzy at the end of the 19th Century.

2. It does not work with all people.

3. Because the letters and numbers are arranged in a certain way, it permits discarnate spirits to communicate with carnate (living) ones.

4. the spirits that do speak to you, in almost all cases, are from the Astral Plane. They are entities that were not ever human beings. Some people would call them demons.

5. The reason why they communicate is simple. they want a home and a place to live. The place that they want to live is inside of the people who are using the board!

6. They are good at imitating late relatives, and somehow know certain facts - enough to suck you in.

I have done quite a bit of reading about this subject, and I have made these conclusions based on my own experiences, and the theories of people who research this field.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No, what I actually meant was - how do you attribute any unknown occurance to SPIRITS specifically...rather than any of the other metaphysical or supernatural events that one may believe in (not to mention, just plain old coincidence or natural events both known and unknown).
Its all open to interpretation.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:28 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12;22399223[B
Has anyone else had the figure eight experience?[/b]
Your ouiji board experiences are frightening. My parents gave me one for Christmas as a kid too.

We asked ridiculous questions like who we would marry or what girls boys at school were interested, I can't remember the responses or if they came true and took it as a joke. I wouldn't touch one now.

I've personally never experienced the figure 8.

Symbolically the figure 8 represents infinity, no beginning or end and the Holy Spirit.

In tarot, the 8 is the symbol over the Magicians head, he bridges the gap between heaven and earth and transformations.

Last edited by virgode; 01-04-2012 at 06:49 PM..

Old 01-04-2012, 06:51 PM

745 posts, read 1,648,516 times
Time and Space, the Hasbro bros. have nothing to do with any effect from the Ouiga board.
You can make your own from a piece of cardboard, or if you want durability you can use wood. Paint on the letters, make a Planchette with another piece of wood with some of those sliders that you can buy at the hardware store.
Nothing majick about it.
It moves by your very own idio motor actions - from your very own subconscious mind.
No demons or spirits necessary.
Generally you get what you ask for.
Be silly, you get silly.
Be fearful, you get something scary.
Be serious and you get something serious.

It is time to come out of the Dark Age Superstitions and learn about you very own Mind.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:34 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
Time and Space, the Hasbro bros. have nothing to do with any effect from the Ouiga board.
You can make your own from a piece of cardboard, or if you want durability you can use wood. Paint on the letters, make a Planchette with another piece of wood with some of those sliders that you can buy at the hardware store.
Nothing majick about it.
It moves by your very own idio motor actions - from your very own subconscious mind.
No demons or spirits necessary.
Generally you get what you ask for.
Be silly, you get silly.
Be fearful, you get something scary.
Be serious and you get something serious.

It is time to come out of the Dark Age Superstitions and learn about you very own Mind.
Dark age, no dark age...I doubt I'll use one...I've just read to many accounts from those who have...to many simularities...from different sorces...from people of totally different backgrounds and class and locations...
And I've read other posts, where they are rational, and have nothing to gain by making this stuff up...

And whether I conjur something up from my own mind, (like the way we have nightmares) or whether it's some seperate entity...it's not something I want to explore...

I experienced something once in a cabin...long ago in the mountains of Utah...it was in someone, and defied gravity...

I saw this...what it did, what it said, who's name it called out...

No matter what the 'I must see it myself to believe' crowd says, they can never take what I saw that night away...

I know other entities exist...and they are 'cruel'...love to taunt and tease, for whatever reason...

I'm not trying to tap into stuff like that and end up in some luney hospital...

What's even scarier...and has actually just given me an idea for a short story, is what if...

What if those who say 'Ahh, there's nothing to it'...what if they themselves are 'spirits'...who urk others on to dabble or play with the boards...knowing goodness well, once they do, crazy things will occur...

That will make a good short story...

Old 01-05-2012, 02:06 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Actually I've read every one of them. Hence my saying that they're hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post

You're simply wiping away the fact that there isn't one shred of science to support a claim that Ouija boards are anything more than a hunk of cardboard.

That's like me saying, "Hey I got food poisoning the other day, what happened?" You don't know all the circumstances surrounding the event, and neither do I. That doesn't mean it was anything paranormal.

Interesting to me to note that there also isn't one shred of evidence that the pizza is any better in New York than anywhere else in the country.
Not off-topic; it's a valid observation.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:05 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,645 times
Default How can skeptics explain away any of the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I had the scare of my life using one when I was 13.

It spelled out details about the birth of a stillborn brother I and my friends never knew about growing up and my mother confirmed them.

It wound up in the garbage the very next day and I never messed with that stuff again.
To the skeptics...how can this one be explained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
OMG I have goosebumps reading these. We had one when we were kids, too many moons ago to mention. Anyway, we asked it a question like who was my brother going to marry. It spelled out ELLEN. With that the doorbell rang and you guessed it . It was Ellen a friend of my mom's who was just dropping by out of the blue. UH my bro never married though. Guess the Ouija just wanted to give us a heads up as to who was at the door. What's the story on these anyway?
Again...how can this be explained...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighappy987 View Post
We used to use them all the time as kids. I think you need someone with a natural ability to connect with the other side to serve as a channel - in our case it was my younger sister. Some of my friends were skeptical and one in particular was reduced to tears when we contacted a friend of his that noone else knew - this was proof enough for him.

We spoke to a variety of people.. some we knew when they were living. Others we discovered we had known in past lives - we discovered stuff about ourselves and some of it was a little unsettling but for the most part the experiences were good.

I once asked my Grandad whether there was a God. He hesitated and then slowly spelt 's-o-r-t o-f'. I said 'shouldn't I ask?' and he went to 'no'.

We stopped using it because the spirits started trying to talk to my sister away from the board and she was young at the time and it was all a bit much for her. I wouldn't dissuade anyone form using one but be respectful and responsible and be aware of exactly what you are doing.
I found this one of particular interest, expecially the question aske about the 'god'...to the supposed Grandad...I've never heard a 'human' give such an answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
If your going to play with one, just be prepared for what may come! I won't get into details, because of the non believers, they will logic it away. But there is repercusions, to this behavior, and i would suggest, unless, you don't care who it is you tap into, then ok. All i will say is that if you are not intuned to what you tap into, you may be surprised what doors this leads to, and for some more then others. Some do have more knowledge and experience with this behavior. It is an added responsibility, because you don't know exactly what your consequences will be. If this is your kind of thing great, i will never use one ever ever again, actually i was with some people who were using one, and never again, things do have a way of following you. I do know some who Channel energy, and be prepared for experiences, you could not imagine.
This post here seems to be the consenses amongst most former users...like a public message of sorts...the poster has no reason to make this up, and it seems to be delivered with genuine passion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post

OhZone...again...I don't think the Dark ages really mean anything to the 'other side'...and I've quoted some previous posts on here where some of their occurances go way beyond 'strings and mirrors' type of activity...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal