U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2015, 07:57 AM

26,157 posts, read 15,912,739 times

Advertisements

Well I have come to conclusion that the HUM I am hearing MAY BE SOME IDIOT NEIGHBOUR with those UGLY BLOW UP CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS somewhere in my neighbourhood! (I hope its that easy) -- They all have fans!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 03:29 PM

6,867 posts, read 3,914,120 times
When I attended college in the Dark Ages they had a brand new literature building that had a low howl to it. In the four years I was there they never did solve the problem but it was perfect for studying "Hamlet."

Old 12-20-2015, 05:41 PM

3,310 posts, read 3,421,659 times
I think what has to be done is for a group to be organised and for people to join together to find out what these hums are. The reason why our government can get away with so much in the present time is because folks do not care, they do not get together and put pressure on the authorities to get these things sorted out. The reason the farmers or large industry get so much in the way of concessions is 1) money (of course) and 2) organised lobbying of government

It is a human trait that we tend to place more importance on issues which are continually surfacing and the ones which are forgotten, even though they may be very important, are placed at the bottom of the pile of things-to-do.

It is another human trait that when something gets annoying enough, we feel it is worth the effort to address that issue. Maybe we feel that the hum is just another thing we can live with?

Due to the pressure of work and paying the bills, no-one wants to bother because they are too busy and they look to others to be the 'front man'. It is difficult to be the organiser of things and maybe no-one wants the responsibility or has the time in their life any more.

When someone steps forward we think could be the one to follow, many people join up and get on board the train behind the front man. Not wanting to get political, but I suspect people see Trump as that front man who can get things done and they will probably support him because they are totally fed up with the way things are. They all hope he is strong enough to change the system for the better.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:00 PM

12,373 posts, read 20,971,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well I have come to conclusion that the HUM I am hearing MAY BE SOME IDIOT NEIGHBOUR with those UGLY BLOW UP CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS somewhere in my neighbourhood! (I hope its that easy) -- They all have fans!!
Yikes. I've gone to a few highly decorated streets and you might have hit the nail on the head. Those things are loud...

Old 12-20-2015, 07:21 PM

5,001 posts, read 3,142,599 times
Quote:
Interesting. Totally would never have guessed this in a million years but it makes sense.

It is good news if it is not a medical issue.

Old 12-21-2015, 03:41 AM

Ya I dunno...... I dont remember this ever happening though other years...... This is really bizarre......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20
I think what has to be done is for a group to be organised and for people to join together to find out what these hums are. The reason why our government can get away with so much in the present time is because folks do not care...
No they have been so conditioned to just GO ALONG WITH ANYTHING (To be slaves for them)

Its all really quite sad AND SCARY!!

Old 12-21-2015, 06:40 AM

5,001 posts, read 3,142,599 times
Quote:
Ya I dunno...... I dont remember this ever happening though other years...... This is really bizarre......

No they have been so conditioned to just GO ALONG WITH ANYTHING (To be slaves for them)

Its all really quite sad AND SCARY!!
Well I look forward to what you super intelligent non-Slaves come up with. We need superior people like you two to lead us to the truth.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:15 PM

Ah man!!

Old 12-21-2015, 08:46 PM

3,310 posts, read 3,421,659 times
At Bibliotecapleyades, a paper written by Joe Mullins and Jim Kelly of the University of New Mexico November 22, 1995.

Quote:
Media attention has focused recently on individuals in and around Taos, New Mexico who perceive an irritating low frequency sound that has come to be known as the "Taos hum"

There have been persistent complaints of annoying low frequency sounds in the USA and other countries but the group of "hearers" in Taos has been particularly outspoken. In 1993 they got the attention of the New Mexico congressional delegation resulting in a request for an investigation. Many Taos residents feel that the government may somehow be involved in the sound, so the investigation was open and public.

One of the authors, Joe Mullins of the University of New Mexico served as the team coordinator. The team included Rod Whitaker (Los Alamos National Laboratory), Mark Leher (Phillips Air Force Laboratory) and Horace Poteet (Sandia National Laboratories) James Kelly, a hearing research scientist from the University of New Mexico's Health Sciences Center, joined the team later to provide expertise on the human ear.

Based on interviews with hearers, we determined that any proposed explanation for the hum should take into account its principle attributes.

First, the hum is selective. Only a small percentage of Taos residents perceive it.

Second, the hum is persistent since most hearers perceive it on a weekly basis.

Third, the source of the hum must be widespread since hearers perceive it throughout the Taos area and we have received letters from all over the country describing a similar phenomenon.

Fourth, the hum is invariably described as low in frequency and reminiscent of a distant pump, an idling diesel truck, or perhaps someone's high powered audio bass running amok.
More at the link above.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:19 AM

I really feel bad for people who hear this constantly!!!!!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal