Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 01:41 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,909,967 times

Advertisements

If (IF!) aliens truly exist, governments throughout the world would surely want to keep this information hidden. Why? The knowledge that aliens exist and have visited this planet would pretty much blow every religion right out of the water, except maybe Buddhism.

Can you imagine the ensuing madness and chaos that would result if this information was revealed. We would have many lost souls, who would not know what to think, feel, and believe if they didn't have religion as a crutch, or the bible as a guidebook, to help them live their lives.

Quit fearing hell! Quit fearing anything! Just live your lives! Do people really need something or someone else to tell them right from wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 02:01 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,647,821 times
I believe your statement to a point. I dont think our government is smart enough to keep secrets for long, I mean come on, there a plenty of people that believe aliens are at area 51.

On the other point. Yes I agree, many would be lost. I am glad I wouldn't be one of them.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:01 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,135,038 times
I'm convinced that there is life elsewhere in the universe, since there are a hundred billion galaxies or so out there. But if any of it is intelligent and advanced enough to come here, it wouldn't want to.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I'm convinced that there is life elsewhere in the universe, since there are a hundred billion galaxies or so out there. But if any of it is intelligent and advanced enough to come here, it wouldn't want to.
Yep this universe is way to big for us to be the only life.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:11 PM

360 posts, read 443,897 times
Vatican: It's OK for Catholics to Believe in Aliens - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

I myself like the idea of aliens. Really, do some research before saying that all but Buddhism would be impossible; the Vatican also agrees that evolution is the best known theory for the creation of humans, and I guess aliens could evolve just like us!

And getting back on topic, if aliens came, I think it would be pretty obvious. Unless they were somehow invisible to every detection device on earth (heh, imagine SETI if the aliens came). Point being, that's an all but impossible secret.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:11 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,509,636 times
terrific progressive insights can still be marketed. hence the terrestrial aliens are so wonderfully discreet.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:12 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,825,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
The knowledge that aliens exist and have visited this planet would pretty much blow every religion right out of the water, except maybe Buddhism.

Can you imagine the ensuing madness and chaos that would result if this information was revealed. We would have many lost souls, who would not know what to think, feel, and believe if they didn't have religion as a crutch, or the bible as a guidebook, to help them live their lives.
Not necessarily. Believers would just change their beliefs to fit new findings...just as they have always done. They would be telling us that their god made the aliens too and that he has sent them to test our 'faith'.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
Vatican: It's OK for Catholics to Believe in Aliens - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

I myself like the idea of aliens. Really, do some research before saying that all but Buddhism would be impossible; the Vatican also agrees that evolution is the best known theory for the creation of humans, and I guess aliens could evolve just like us!

And getting back on topic, if aliens came, I think it would be pretty obvious. Unless they were somehow invisible to every detection device on earth (heh, imagine SETI if the aliens came). Point being, that's an all but impossible secret.
How is this possible when the bible states how humans were created? I dont get this.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:27 PM

360 posts, read 443,897 times
Because the Bible isn't supposed to be taken entirely literally, my friend.

Last edited by OhioanKid; 05-01-2010 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Sent out the wrong message, needed to fix that to avoid confusion

Old 05-01-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
Because the Bible isn't supposed to be taken literally, my friend.
hahahahahaha, Oh ok, thought it was God's words, seems he likes word games. Well seems it is just a work of fiction then. So if it is to not be taken literally, then I guess the commandments are just suggestions and all the hate inspired text ( as in gays to be killed and burn in hell for sinners) can be ignored?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal