Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,961,900 times

Advertisements

This thread is over in TV, can anyone here suggest some drama bbc series or movies , I posted the ones I have seen in the TV forum

You can click on the link below to get there, Thanks in advance

//www.city-data.com/forum/tv/10...es-movies.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 05:14 PM

43,303 posts, read 43,996,177 times
Inspector Lewis (series)

Old 11-22-2010, 05:42 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,014,278 times
Luther was one of the most promising new crime dramas screened this year. BBC - BBC One Programmes - Luther: Series 1

State Of Play by Paul Abbott is probably one of my personal favourites from the past decade. it is an incredibly well crafted and skillfully plotted mini-series revolving around a slow burning plot centred surrounding political corruption and a journalsit seeking to expose Westminster's ties to the oil industry. They even made a Hollywood film of this drama with Russell Crowe but it didn't quite reach the heights of the original T.V series. BBC - Drama - State of Play Highly reccomended.

Paul Abbott is arguably the leading British television writer and his past work has included such succesful and critically acclaimed dramas such as Cracker. He has written a new series called Accused BBC - BBC One Programmes - Accused which also debuted last week.

And if you're a fan of period dramas, look out for the new remake of Upstairs Downstairs BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC remakes Upstairs, Downstairs which is set to hit our screens in a few weeks, no doubt in a determined bid to capitalise on the roaring success of Downton Abbey over on rival television channel ITV.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:21 AM

5,901 posts, read 5,816,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
This thread is over in TV, can anyone here suggest some drama bbc series or movies , I posted the ones I have seen in the TV forum

You can click on the link below to get there, Thanks in advance

//www.city-data.com/forum/tv/10...es-movies.html
Am a great fan of British drama myself and would recommend the following tv shows.

Shameless(very much what the name suggests)
Cracker( Hard & tough language,but very real)
Life on Mars(back in time to the early eighties)
Hamish Macbeth (quite strong Scottish accents)
Kavanaugh(with John Thaw,who was in Inspector Morse)
Waterloo Road(based in a tough Northern school)
The Sweeney(an old timer,tough&and politically incorrect)
Nighty Night(Rather strange drama comedy)
Boys From the Blackstuff(Life in 80s Thatchers Britain)
Canterburry Tales(A modern take on the original)

Old 11-28-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear&Whiskey View Post
Luther was one of the most promising new crime dramas screened this year. BBC - BBC One Programmes - Luther: Series 1

State Of Play by Paul Abbott is probably one of my personal favourites from the past decade. it is an incredibly well crafted and skillfully plotted mini-series revolving around a slow burning plot centred surrounding political corruption and a journalsit seeking to expose Westminster's ties to the oil industry. They even made a Hollywood film of this drama with Russell Crowe but it didn't quite reach the heights of the original T.V series. BBC - Drama - State of Play Highly reccomended.

Paul Abbott is arguably the leading British television writer and his past work has included such succesful and critically acclaimed dramas such as Cracker. He has written a new series called Accused BBC - BBC One Programmes - Accused which also debuted last week.

And if you're a fan of period dramas, look out for the new remake of Upstairs Downstairs BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC remakes Upstairs, Downstairs which is set to hit our screens in a few weeks, no doubt in a determined bid to capitalise on the roaring success of Downton Abbey over on rival television channel ITV.
Thanks , I was told about Luther, I didn't know anything about that one, the Accused sounds good.

I seen State of Play both versions.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Am a great fan of British drama myself and would recommend the following tv shows.

Shameless(very much what the name suggests)
Cracker( Hard & tough language,but very real) I loved this
Life on Mars(back in time to the early eighties)
Hamish Macbeth (quite strong Scottish accents) I'm waiting for this one with DVD rentals
Kavanaugh(with John Thaw,who was in Inspector Morse)
Waterloo Road(based in a tough Northern school)
The Sweeney(an old timer,tough&and politically incorrect)
Nighty Night(Rather strange drama comedy)
Boys From the Blackstuff(Life in 80s Thatchers Britain)
Canterburry Tales(A modern take on the original)
The rest I've written down. Thank you

Old 11-28-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Inspector Lewis (series)
Thanks

Old 11-28-2010, 06:27 AM

43,303 posts, read 43,996,177 times
Law & Order (U.K. version)

Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 AM

13 posts, read 41,009 times
Default Movie

A bit on the gritty side, but Bullet Boy.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:23 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,555,004 times
Garrow's Law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom