Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there.
10,557 posts, read 6,216,284 times
Reputation: 6589

Advertisements

Yes come along Legendof302, don't be shy, why not explain to us, what is your take on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2012, 12:04 PM
 
73,201 posts, read 63,063,199 times
Reputation: 22087
Sectarian violence once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Northampton
65 posts, read 90,328 times
Reputation: 74
Someone in authority needs to put a stop to ALL parades. Orange Order and Republican.

Orange Order parade ends in a riot, Republican parade ends in a riot. it's just a vicious circle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 PM
 
672 posts, read 2,122,185 times
Reputation: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMG View Post
Someone in authority needs to put a stop to ALL parades. Orange Order and Republican.

Orange Order parade ends in a riot, Republican parade ends in a riot. it's just a vicious circle.
That's what I was thinking. Why do they allow parades and/or marches!?! They just seem to fan the flames.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 PM
 
73,201 posts, read 63,063,199 times
Reputation: 22087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann789 View Post
That's what I was thinking. Why do they allow parades and/or marches!?! They just seem to fan the flames.
People would riot with or without a parade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Leeds, UK
22,112 posts, read 29,702,062 times
Reputation: 8826
Good point, and they shouldn't bow to the pressure of these morons, people should be allowed to hold parades without the fear of riots breaking out. I hope Northern Ireland is not heading for serious violence again - that period was unpleasant for everyone all over the United Kingdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 04:24 PM
 
73,201 posts, read 63,063,199 times
Reputation: 22087
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Good point, and they shouldn't bow to the pressure of these morons, people should be allowed to hold parades without the fear of riots breaking out. I hope Northern Ireland is not heading for serious violence again - that period was unpleasant for everyone all over the United Kingdom.
And even further, think about last summer in England. There were riots, no parade involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
2,869 posts, read 4,478,011 times
Reputation: 8289
I live in Toronto, the largest city in Canada.

We have many Irish Immigrants here, and they don't fight with one another, as they are TOO busy working, and making a living, to worry about who is a Mick, or a Prod. Once they arrive in Canada, they soon see that they are "just another new comer to Canada " with no special treatment expected, or given.

My point ? Having a good job, and a good future for your kids, is MUCH more important than any religious differences, here in Canada. And of course, our Police are NOT going to stand there and be attacked, THEY fight back and make sure that no body gets a free kick. If that riot had been in Canada, the injuries would have been to the rioters, not the Police.

People come to Canada, to get away from religious nonsense, and here they are free to be themselves, and CONTRIBUTE to our country, not sit at home and collect benefits. That is why we "select our Immigrants carefully, with an eye to education, and practical working experience ". About 70 percent of our Immigrants hold a 4 year University degree, BEFORE they get here.


They see how the Canadians get along, and how their kids get along at school, and they usually "get it " soon enough.

Jim B

Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
 
73,201 posts, read 63,063,199 times
Reputation: 22087
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
I live in Toronto, the largest city in Canada.

We have many Irish Immigrants here, and they don't fight with one another, as they are TOO busy working, and making a living, to worry about who is a Mick, or a Prod. Once they arrive in Canada, they soon see that they are "just another new comer to Canada " with no special treatment expected, or given.

My point ? Having a good job, and a good future for your kids, is MUCH more important than any religious differences, here in Canada. And of course, our Police are NOT going to stand there and be attacked, THEY fight back and make sure that no body gets a free kick. If that riot had been in Canada, the injuries would have been to the rioters, not the Police.

People come to Canada, to get away from religious nonsense, and here they are free to be themselves, and CONTRIBUTE to our country, not sit at home and collect benefits. That is why we "select our Immigrants carefully, with an eye to education, and practical working experience ". About 70 percent of our Immigrants hold a 4 year University degree, BEFORE they get here.


They see how the Canadians get along, and how their kids get along at school, and they usually "get it " soon enough.

Jim B

Toronto.
In short, Canada is a great place to live in work, as long as you're willing to work for it. Good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 06:06 PM
 
711 posts, read 1,503,195 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
I live in Toronto, the largest city in Canada.

We have many Irish Immigrants here, and they don't fight with one another.
Same could be said here in America.

Is it a Irish vs British thing?

Or is it more of an Irish vs Irish over religion thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top