Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 05:57 AM

317 posts, read 412,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
The "atmosphere" of British football can be overrated. I have not experienced NFL to be able to comment.

I have long since retreated to non-league where you can stand where you like, have a beer, and chat to opposing fans.

Until we stop segregating fans and make them behave like human beings, then the scenes we saw in Manchester recently will never stop.

As for Glasgow, the sooner they close down those unpleasant sectarians clubs the better. Thank goodness no one takes their pretensions of playing in England seriously.
British football fans could take a lesson from American football fans. IMO. Tailgate parties are much more civilised than tanking up in the pub then greeting opposing fans with a Stanley knife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
Lol so I have the problem? Pot, kettle, black! The ones who can't take criticism or handle the truth! Nothing I have said is false.

Could understand if I said anything below the belt but an opinion that is shared by many including Americans?! This is a forum get off if your so sensitive.

Last edited by paull805; 12-11-2012 at 06:07 AM..

Old 12-11-2012, 07:03 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Whats a 'WhoDat Nation shirt'?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
But what does 'who dat nation' mean / represent?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
I blame the schools

Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 AM

54 posts, read 59,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Smails View Post
British football fans could take a lesson from American football fans. IMO. Tailgate parties are much more civilised than tanking up in the pub then greeting opposing fans with a Stanley knife.

I used to live in Finsbury Park and would dread Arsenal hone games. I don't dislike football (I'm more of a rugby guy) but the fans often had an aggressive "in your face" attitude. The atmosphere at Twickenham is more akin to the NFL games I have watched in the US, and at Wembley for that matter. I "tailgated" in Green Bay and thought it was fantastic. It was busy when I arrived at 8am for a 3pm start and people were grilling out, drinking beer and paying games. Everybody was inclusive and banter was friendly. I would love it if England games at Twickers were like that!

I thought that the fact that the people of Wisconsin own the team, that they have "Lombardi time" in Green Bay and that there is a Superbowl winning team in the middle of nowhere is actually one of the coolest things in sport.

Last edited by NoReservations; 12-11-2012 at 08:00 AM..

Old 12-11-2012, 07:47 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
Quote:

If I remember right "Who Dat" is a slogan and chant used by New Orleans fans to mean who is it that can beat the Saints. And the answer is obviously no one (to them at least).

"Who Dat Nation" is just a catch all phrase for all Saints fans (I think?). In the US, adding the word nation is used to describe the fan base. "Red Sox Nation" in New England is the large land area there that roots for the Boston Red Sox, etc.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 AM

54 posts, read 59,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
If I remember right "Who Dat" is a slogan and chant used by New Orleans fans to mean who is it that can beat the Saints. And the answer is obviously no one (to them at least).

"Who Dat Nation" is just a catch all phrase for all Saints fans (I think?). In the US, adding the word nation is used to describe the fan base. "Red Sox Nation" in New England is the large land area there that roots for the Boston Red Sox, etc.
I went to a game in Wembley when the Saints were playing San Diego. The English fans were actually chanting it!! I hadn't heard it before that.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Sorry - the New Orleans Saints NFL team and their fans - worldwide - belong to the "WhoDat Nation!"

It comes from a spontaneous chant that Saints fans have used for years - actually it's more of a New Orleans thing in general -the saying "Who dat?" (which means "Who is that?")

The chant goes like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UbscvcUvmU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Z6-NwwixM

My dog's name is even WhoDat!

Unofficial flag of the WhoDat nation:

Here you go - just for you:

Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
At least the Vikings are playing in London next year, that should be cool. Except we're playing the Steelers which is like the most popular team around but at least it's not the Saints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom