Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2019, 01:47 AM

39 posts, read 37,435 times

Advertisements

I thought the majority of British were against the war? I thought that the majority of British believed that the war was wrong and would lead to many problems, which today it did, so why didn't the British people called for snap elections or stage a coup or revolted against their government when they knew they were going to enter the war? I understand that stopping the US, by force of course and not just through words, is hard but surely you can stop the people you elected from doing things you don't want them to do, so why didn't you do it? I thought Britain was a democracy and in a democracy the will of the people is sacred? So why didn't the British people fight for their sacredness and this would become a warning to the succeeding governments that it just cannot do what it wants without the peoples consent? And aside from morality and ethics which I thought Europe was high at, look at the problems that it has caused you today?

Last edited by Steve Reese; 07-04-2019 at 02:12 AM..

Old 07-04-2019, 02:11 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Reese View Post
I thought the majority of British were against the war? I thought that the majority of British believed that the war was wrong and would lead to many problems, which today it did, so why didn't the British people called for snap elections or stage a coup or revolted against their government when they knew they were going to enter the war? I understand that stopping the US, by force of course and not just through words, is hard but surely you can stop the people you elected from doing things you don't want them to do, so why didn't you do it? I thought Britain was a democracy and in a democracy the will of the people is sacred? So why didn't the British people fight for their sacredness and this would become a warning to the succeeding governments that it just cannot do what it wants without the peoples consent? And aside from morality and ethics which I thought Europe was high at, look at the problems that it has caused you today?
What made you think this? Isn't everybody always 'against' war? Hasn't stopped mankind from brawling throughout history though has it?

Old 07-04-2019, 03:32 AM

1,129 posts, read 469,735 times
Why do you keep trying to troll the forum with anti western posts ?

I could be wrong but there looks to be a theme here

Why does Britain ally itself with the US if the US is a terrible country?

Why is it wrong when a Western country refuses to take in refugees but it's okay for non Western countries to do that?

Why didn't Europe kick out US bases when the US was going to invade Iraq?

If the US is a terrible country, why don't Americans dismantle it? (crime, how much)

Why didn't Europe sever ties with the US when Trump became president?

Why didn't the British stage a coup to prevent Britain from entering the Iraq war?

Old 07-04-2019, 03:44 AM

27,132 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Because we are not a banana republic.

As for your Anti-American threads they were tiresome when you posted them under previous usernames and are still tiresome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom