U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-24-2013, 09:11 AM
 
2,675 posts, read 4,979,943 times
Reputation: 2593

Advertisements

I really don't have words to express my sadness about the murder of Lee Rigby. I just hope I would display the bravery of these women. The vast majority of humanity are caring, decent people. The two men who did this barbaric act are dysfunctional and depraved. They should be locked away and shunned. I hope people don't jump to shallow conclusions about the cause of this.

These women should be an example of the majority of caring and decent people who have compassion for their fellow human beings and not the hate filled psychopaths who are looking for an excuse to kill.

The Angels of Woolwich: Three women's outstanding courage as they confront killers and pray for slaughtered soldier | Mail Online
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2013, 07:31 PM
 
Location: Canada
7,376 posts, read 6,874,803 times
Reputation: 5168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I hope people don't jump to shallow conclusions about the cause of this.
We don't have to jump to conclusions, the man in the video with bloody hands and a meat clever said clearly why he did it.......And it seems alot of incidents seem to be done for the same reason. Lets be honest its not the first time we've heard it. Theres something seriously wrong going on, sugar coating isn't helping anyone.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2013, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
554 posts, read 696,505 times
Reputation: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
We don't have to jump to conclusions, the man in the video with bloody hands and a meat clever said clearly why he did it.......And it seems alot of incidents seem to be done for the same reason. Lets be honest its not the first time we've heard it. Theres something seriously wrong going on, sugar coating isn't helping anyone.
Care to deliberate on what that reason is?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2013, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Canada
7,376 posts, read 6,874,803 times
Reputation: 5168
Watch the video. The killer explains his reasons clearly and rationally.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 05-24-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2013, 11:22 PM
 
2,675 posts, read 4,979,943 times
Reputation: 2593
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
We don't have to jump to conclusions, the man in the video with bloody hands and a meat clever said clearly why he did it.......And it seems alot of incidents seem to be done for the same reason. Lets be honest its not the first time we've heard it. Theres something seriously wrong going on, sugar coating isn't helping anyone.
I'm just saying it is probably more complicated than it appears. Both the men involved were brought up in Christian households and became Muslims when they were older. Some people are just looking for a reason to perpetrate their violence and join something they think justifies it.

It would be interesting if an in depth study was conducted on the reasons for these incidents instead of people latching on to a more simple cause. I think these 2 men were full of hate and were attracted to the more radical elements of the Muslim religion. Whatever the reasons the outcome has been horrific.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2013, 01:05 AM
 
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
554 posts, read 696,505 times
Reputation: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Watch the video. The killer explains his reasons clearly and rationally.
Well the killer was clearly a psychopath. However on top of that he did say, "It is an eye for eye and a tooth for a tooth. By Allah, we swear by the almighty Allah, we will never stop fighting until you leave us alone."

Am I to understand then that you blame Western military interventions in Muslims countries for the atrocity in Woolwich? If not will you please be clear who or what it is that you are blaming?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 AM
 
327 posts, read 437,477 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin (pronounced Owen) View Post
Well the killer was clearly a psychopath. However on top of that he did say, "It is an eye for eye and a tooth for a tooth. By Allah, we swear by the almighty Allah, we will never stop fighting until you leave us alone."

Am I to understand then that you blame Western military interventions in Muslims countries for the atrocity in Woolwich? If not will you please be clear who or what it is that you are blaming?
The fact thats disturbing is they would resort to this sort of violence to make their voices be heard.. foreign policies was the cause, but its not to blame though. You can easily protest, or hold a peaceful demonstration to let your voice be heard but there was clearly another factor that made it acceptable for them to get violent.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2013, 08:52 AM
 
14,255 posts, read 16,936,826 times
Reputation: 13783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I'm just saying it is probably more complicated than it appears. Both the men involved were brought up in Christian households and became Muslims when they were older. Some people are just looking for a reason to perpetrate their violence and join something they think justifies it.

It would be interesting if an in depth study was conducted on the reasons for these incidents instead of people latching on to a more simple cause. I think these 2 men were full of hate and were attracted to the more radical elements of the Muslim religion. Whatever the reasons the outcome has been horrific.
Islam does seem to be attracting and radicalising a slice of disaffected youth. It happened in this case and it happened in the case of the Boston bomber. I think we need to get a better understanding of how and why this is happening as well as the ability to stop those religious radicals who are manipulating this youth into violent acts of this nature.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2013, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Canada
7,376 posts, read 6,874,803 times
Reputation: 5168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin (pronounced Owen) View Post

Am I to understand then that you blame Western military interventions in Muslims countries for the atrocity in Woolwich? If not will you please be clear who or what it is that you are blaming?
No I am not blaming western military interventions. I don't have to blame anyone, the terrorist in the video admitted to butchering the man and he gave his reasons why, And he didn't work alone, there was another terrorist with him. They obviously shared similar views to work together like that. Blaming western military intervention is a poor excuse. We have seen American military intervention in Latin America, yet Latinos dont put bombs where innocent Americans stand to watch a marathon, or crash planes into buidlings. The Chinese invaded Tibet, killing hundreds of thousands and tried to erase Tibetan religion, yet we don't see Tibetans attacking Chinese people with meat clevers, or putting bombs on subway trains.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2013, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Illinois
565 posts, read 925,626 times
Reputation: 445
There is a powerful force at work. Second generation disenfranchised immigrants in Europe are turning more and more to radical preachers to magically solve all of their problems. Sometimes, these people take this out in the form of violence as we have seen with the Wollwich attacks. Everyone around the internet is advocating a more aggressive border control policy. Is that a solution? Probably not. More importantly, people need to look closely at the sorts of Imams that are allowed to reside in the western world and spew dangerous hate. The beauty of the West is in its relative freedom, but if the government isn't at least kind of keeping an eye on these people and who they are influencing, they are asking for more trouble.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:12 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top