U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2007, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,394 times

Advertisements

I have checked and really haven't seen anything yet. I am thinking of taking a job in Luton England and I am trying to get a sense of what it is like.
I have seen one posting of someone try to leave Luton but that is it.
I am trying to get the cost of living and about the school system for 10 year old.
If anyone could help me answer a few questions that would be great!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 06:29 AM

13,039 posts, read 23,399,491 times
Well Luton isn't the prettiest or nicest place, it's fairly poor compared to nearby areas BUT there are excellent, and very frequent links to London and Cambridge ( a very nice city).

House prices like everywhere else in the UK are horrendous as it is such an easy commute to London and it is a very multi -cultural place with a high proportion of Asian people ( India and Pakistan).

Because of Luton Airport you would also have the advantage of using very cheap budget airline flights to Europe which is great.

The area around Luton is nice too, pleasant countryside and many historical homes etc...

I personally wouldn't want to live in Luton but outside it might be nice though.
Try the link below for all useful stuff like house prices, crime rates, schools etc.. You'll have to register though but I think it's free.

UpMyStreet - For Where You Live

Old 11-18-2007, 06:05 PM

3,589 posts, read 3,653,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherm0405 View Post
I have checked and really haven't seen anything yet. I am thinking of taking a job in Luton England and I am trying to get a sense of what it is like.
I have seen one posting of someone try to leave Luton but that is it.
I am trying to get the cost of living and about the school system for 10 year old.
If anyone could help me answer a few questions that would be great!!!
The cost of living in England overall is extremely high. How much would you be making?

Try Find properties to buy, homes to rent, overseas houses and new homes on rightmove.co.uk to get an idea of real estate costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom