Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:51 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times

Advertisements

Title says it all. From the pundits here ... our WH moslem was merely giving his opinion. Excuse me, when a head of state is on a state visit, there is no such thing as a personal opinion. Our POS should have exercised his 'right to remain silent' and did not. Yet again he embarrassed our nation abroad.

I've given my opinion, I'd like to hear yours.

El Nox

Old 04-22-2016, 06:59 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Title says it all. From the pundits here ... our WH moslem was merely giving his opinion. Excuse me, when a head of state is on a state visit, there is no such thing as a personal opinion. Our POS should have exercised his 'right to remain silent' and did not. Yet again he embarrassed our nation abroad.

El Nox
It might backfire on him. Nobody likes being told what to do by the President of another country. The more so when that country would never countenance compromising its sovereignty. It also has the appearance of a 'put up' job by David Cameron.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:35 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,076 times
"Leave EU" campaigners were claiming that UK dont need EU for trade deals. People like Boris Johnson were boasting that UK can make trade deals with USA. Obama's response was regarding that claim that UK will be in the back of the queue. China has also said that they are not in favor of UK leaving the EU. One thing is clear-who are the friends of Leave EU now? They dont like EU, dont like USA, dont like China, dont like IMF, dont like World Bank, dont like their own Businessman, dont like Royal Family support of EU, dont like Scotland, Wales, North Ireland support of EU? Who will do Trade with whom once UK leaves EU? Currency will fall down and UK do not produce even enough food to eat. Look at Steel industry-dependent on foreign Tata Group.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:51 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Actually, you wouldn't.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:20 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post

El Nox
He must be taking lessons from the Israeli Prime Minister, Netanyahu.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:23 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
It might backfire on him. Nobody likes being told what to do by the President of another country. The more so when that country would never countenance compromising its sovereignty. It also has the appearance of a 'put up' job by David Cameron.
He had already made the point, this visit should have been a vanilla affair.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:26 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
The British were rude and disrespectful to President Obama, he was as an ally giving his take and opinion to Britain. He never demanded the UK take one action. I loved how he reminded them that if they thought exiting the EU would be the start of some trade agreements or political union with America, then they were in for a rude awakening.

Brits are dreaming if they think we are going to breaking down doors to trade with them. Kinda have even heard some predict UK would join the US and Canada in some sort of political union. Funny and laughable. Britain is not as important as they believe.

And as Obama rightfully said, no trade deal until years from now. EU is more important than UK will ever care to be alone.

As usual Obama is calm and collected, even when insulted.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:00 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,324 times
On this Obama should mind his own damn business. An incidental aside is one thing, a declarative message another.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:05 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,115,790 times
Can't say I'm overly surprised. but then I really don't care what he (or more specifically his speech writers and advisers) say, he'll be out door in January building his library and going on the lucrative lecture circuit pontificating in his usual adroit "hear no evil, see no evil.... " manner.

If the UK is so insignificant, why should he worry what we decide?

Old 04-23-2016, 04:24 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,324 times
Good article here on Obama's 'lecture'.

Mr Obama's catchphrase is 'Yes, you can!' - so why is he telling us Brits 'No, you can't'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom