Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:02 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
Whoops I meant this makes the leave camp look weak.

But it does show the political class has a big problem with career politicians who will say anything to gain favour with the electorate.

I just wish it hadn't taken a Brexit vote to make that point..
All politicians are driven by personal ambition, and I know that. I don't see any of them through rose tinted glasses. I sure would like to know though, why Michael Gove decided to run, and apparently, only told Boris five minutes before he announced it.

Gove always said he had no ambitions to be Prime Minister. He seemed destined to carry on in Boris's shadow. Something made him change his mind....... I don't know if we'll ever know what it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 08:04 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
All politicians are driven by personal ambition, and I know that. I don't see any of them through rose tinted glasses. I sure would like to know though, why Michael Gove decided to run, and apparently, only told Boris five minutes before he announced it.

Gove always said he had no ambitions to be Prime Minister. He seemed destined to carry on in Boris's shadow. Something made him change his mind....... I don't know if we'll ever know what it was.
funny old world Dave and even funnier if your into politics.. very driven people..

Old 06-30-2016, 08:51 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,184 times
Boris is making a big mistake or he's got another plan!!

Old 06-30-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Boris is making a big mistake or he's got another plan!!
A cunning plan.......

Old 06-30-2016, 10:00 AM

703 posts, read 446,333 times
Seems to me that Michael Gove is the probable orchestrator of this plot. I think he always had this outcome in mind and he's a man I do not trust. Too adept at prevaricating and sidestepping awkward questions.
Boris was always going to be the sacrificial lamb.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff956 View Post
Boris was always going to be the sacrificial lamb.
Well, he'll feed plenty.........

Old 06-30-2016, 10:09 AM

16 posts, read 10,326 times
English Dave, a lot of people don't like her but she does not suffer fools gladly and our own Police Force hate her too because she would not give in and reduced their numbers dramatically, not that I think that is right because quiet the opposite but she did it and although she knew they hated her she carried on. Now if she goes to the negotiating table with that same attitude she could actually come out the winner.

I think Boris is playing a long game, whoever is PM after Cameron leaves has a really awful job to do getting us out of the EU and keeping the people happy, dont forget almost directly after the UK leaves proper there will be a general election and if she has not pleased all of the people especially on the immigration front she could lose the election and that is when Boris will step up to the plate. Its like the game of thrones.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottietwo View Post
English Dave, a lot of people don't like her but she does not suffer fools gladly and our own Police Force hate her too because she would not give in and reduced their numbers dramatically, not that I think that is right because quiet the opposite but she did it and although she knew they hated her she carried on. Now if she goes to the negotiating table with that same attitude she could actually come out the winner.

I think Boris is playing a long game, whoever is PM after Cameron leaves has a really awful job to do getting us out of the EU and keeping the people happy, dont forget almost directly after the UK leaves proper there will be a general election and if she has not pleased all of the people especially on the immigration front she could lose the election and that is when Boris will step up to the plate. Its like the game of thrones.
Hiya Dottie....... you got over here quick from Politics....... you must have run...... Welcome to the pleasure dome! You may be right about Theresa May. May be she'll wave the big stick a la Maggie!

Boris - I think he has shot his bolt. He started backtracking before he even finished going forward. But as you say, who knows with politicians.

Even George Osborne has gone off to lick his wounds. He'll be back for sure.

You can call me Dave....... I only use my full name at the bank.......

Old 06-30-2016, 11:17 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottietwo View Post

good one Dorrie ..or Faulty Towers

Old 06-30-2016, 11:30 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I sadly agree. I recognized a clever guy behind the bumbling Boris act. But never has a politician crashed and burned, from hero to zero, as quickly as Boris. We need someone with guts to deal with the EU from here on in.

I hate to say it, because I hated the woman, we need someone like Margaret Thatcher to fight for us. Is Teresa May the one? I just don't like her........ Michael Gove seems a man with integrity. Is he up to the job?....... I don't know.

I bet David Cameron is laughing like a drain behind the door of No. 10.
You hated Margaret Thatcher, apparently not a fan of Nicola Sturgeon and also don't like Theresa May, are female politicians less popular in the UK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom