Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 10:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,054 times

Advertisements

Hi, someone is willing to grant me an apartment in Newton Mearns, but they're unwilling to lend it sight unseen. They are, however, willing to let someone view it for me.
Problem is I don't know anyone in the area... hence the weird request. If someone is willing to get in touch with me and go to the viewing in my place, I will buy them cookies through an online service (looking at Millie's Cookies) as compencation. Or something else of your choosing (as long as it's not wicked expensive and doesn't involve transfering money to your account)

Not expecting replies here but it would be a godsend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 08:24 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
I'm not in the area, but wish you luck.

A suggestion: if you have a hobby of any sort where there could possibly be a local club, get in touch with that club-- and there are clubs for nearly every possible hobby. Maybe someone would go and take a look at the apartment for you as a welcome to the area if you are planning on joining their clib.

People in hobby clubs tend to be generous people.

If you are a member of a religion, whatever church of that religion in the area might be willing to send someone for you.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:26 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyvind View Post
Hi, someone is willing to grant me an apartment in Newton Mearns, but they're unwilling to lend it sight unseen. They are, however, willing to let someone view it for me.
Problem is I don't know anyone in the area... hence the weird request. If someone is willing to get in touch with me and go to the viewing in my place, I will buy them cookies through an online service (looking at Millie's Cookies) as compencation. Or something else of your choosing (as long as it's not wicked expensive and doesn't involve transfering money to your account)

Not expecting replies here but it would be a godsend
How will you sign the tenancy aggreement..

Old 08-13-2016, 09:28 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
How will you sign the tenancy aggreement..
I think that would be on arrival, leaving the OP with the option of buying a pig in a poke after moving to the area with his possession in tow, or asking for a scout to reconnoiter for him.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,054 times
Haha thanks for the replies, people!
I forgot I made this thread, it's rather embarassing. I won't be moving to Scotland, I'm afraid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom