Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 09:45 AM

92 posts, read 87,724 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody. I live in Republic of Turkey and English is not my native language. So I am sorry for my English. I am trying to improve it..

First of all, I would like to introduce myself; Actually I am really interested in computer hardware, history and science. I am searching about Evolution in these days and I really liked that. Darwin was a British which was best known for his contributions to the science of Evolution. Actually there are so much British scientists in the world.. And I've always respect for British people. They deserve that.

I respect all nationalities and religions. But I want to feel safe and free to explain my own ideas.. Because I am an atheist. I know British and American people will respect my ideas but when I married with religious lady or grew child, will it be a problem ? And in which country can I teach better evolution to my child ? Which country's educational system teaching Evolution better?

I am 19 years old and Turkey is not for me to the live. I know you don't want any more immigrants in your country.. Yes you are right. But I won't come that country with my own culture. I will live there just like a British or American so I am not a threat for your history and culture. I will work hard and deserve that country, I am sure I will.

And Uk or Usa which one is the cheapest country for the live ? Can you tell me about living conditions ? I don't want to live London or NYC I want to live Leeds, Sheffield (UK) -- Chicago, Oregon (US) so I can pay cheaper rent than other cities. Permanent resident is the most difficult thing for me. Is the only way get that permanent resident to marry with someone ? Any other way ?

Thanks.. I hope you will help me.

Regards,

Last edited by Whocares386; 08-15-2016 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 10:48 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,911,562 times
You have no chance of moving to either country at age 19 as you do not have the skills, qualifications or experience to be of any interest to a sponsor. You need to go to university and get a degree in science, engineering or medicine. This will be easier and cheaper in your own country. Do this and five years from now you will have a chance. You should also consider Australia and Canada. Go to the web sites of these countries embassies and you will see what their immigration requirements are.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:49 AM

26,666 posts, read 28,822,557 times
Briefly, and I know others may correct me and I'm sure there will be much to add to what I will say here--The main way to get into the US is by marriage. Sometimes by going to college here and converting your student visa when you get a job. Sometimes by a lottery. There is very little chance of employee sponsorship unless you are a doctor or a researcher in some special field.

Religion--the northeast is more open minded. No one cares whether you are religious or not. There are other parts of the country that are similar in this way. The southeast is the most extreme and we call it the Bible Belt. From what I hear, you would be under pressure to join some religion and attend church.

Cost of living--the northeast is expensive and California is expensive. The southeast is relatively cheap and there are many other locations throughout the country that are relatively cheap--but it's a huge country so I'm not sure about the other places. Plenty of places are very cheap, especially in the southeast and in old, run down, crime ridden northern cities but you probably wouldn't want to live there.

And don't forget the climate. The north of this country has two extremes--sweltering hot and humid summers and sub freezing cold winters with a lot of ice and snow. The southeast has nice winters but long sweltering humid summers. Places near Oregon have a climate more similar to the UK, from what I've heard--cooler summers and not so bad winters but it's cloudy or rainy a lot.

Teaching evolution? Each state in the US has its own laws and rules about what is taught. If you live in the southeast, they may not even teach evolution. I'm not absolutely sure of that but they tend to be very religious and I think they may even teach creationism in the schools. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

In the northern parts of the country, evolution is what most of us believe in.

I think it's extremely difficult to get into either country but I wish you luck.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:08 PM

Thank you for your answers.I am really glad for that.

Actually, I am not thinking move to US or UK right now. Because I am 19 years old, I should make money here and I am improving my English (also I am trying learn German). Approximately I will move to US or UK 3-4 years later. But I have to search and learn about these countries, visa requirements vs..

UK's weather is more proper for me because I like cold, cloudy, chilly weather and sometimes rainy. I hate hot humid summers.. Can anyone tell me ''true'' things about UK ? There is a lot of information about min. wage, food spending, rent prices... But I want to hear from British people.

I want to be computer technician. I really interested in computer hardware (GPUs-cpus). I found an information about computer technician salary in UK. It says:

You would normally work 37 to 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Starting salaries are between £14,000 and £17,000 a year. If I gain 15,000 pound per year it means = 1250 pound per month is that true ? And hourly wage (21 to 24 years old) £6,72 right ?

https://nationalcareersservice.direc...echnician.aspx

I heard Leeds, Bristol, Sheffield these cities are really cheap actually I've heard North UK cheaper than other cities. £500-550 pound for rent a house, £200 for foods, £100 other stuffs, £60-100 transportation .. So £1100-1250 will be enough for me ?

I've seen married ''couple'' live in a cheap city with only £800-900! What do you think ?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Old 08-15-2016, 01:34 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,573,089 times
UK is not overly religious or that religion oriented at all if honest so no one will care.

You as a person will be much more relevant

Old 08-15-2016, 02:06 PM

66 posts, read 63,702 times
Uk is better, you dont riks being shooted there if you skin color isnt the right one. In america people put race before everything, in the UK and Europe people focus on other things more relevant.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:30 PM

@Londoncowboy30 , @Juggernaut2016

Thanks for answers. As I said, I hate hot humid summers.. So my skin is light. I can see even my veins.

Can you compare for me UK and US differences about cost of living ? Pros-cons.. How much money do I need to live in UK-US ? (min. per month)

And when I became 23-24 years-old, I'll be looking for serious date. I'm not the type of guy who enjoys one-night.. Actually I hate that it is disgusting for me... So if I can find a girl proper for me and if she loves me I can ask her for marriage. What does British girls thinking about serious date - marriage ?

Old 08-15-2016, 02:37 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,191,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut2016 View Post
Uk is better, you dont riks being shooted there if you skin color isnt the right one. In america people put race before everything
That doesn't sound like the America where I live.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:42 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,573,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares386 View Post
@Londoncowboy30 , @Juggernaut2016

Thanks for answers. As I said, I hate hot humid summers.. So my skin is light. I can see even my veins.

Can you compare for me UK and US differences about cost of living ? Prons-cons.. How much money do I need min. per month to live in UK-US ?

And when I became 23-24 years-old, I'll be looking for serious date. I'm not the type of guy who enjoys one-night.. Actually I hate that it is disgusting for me... So if I can find a girl proper for me and if she loves me I can ask her for marriage. What does British girls thinking about serious date - marriage ?
London is has expensive as Monte Carlo ( according to a city comparison site I did recently ) I know you dont want there but that's all i know

With British women ( of course all are different but in general ) you HAVE to have a terrific sense of humour, charming, outgoing and know how to talk/treat them...... If you're shy you'll get eaten alive!!! LMAO!

But seriously women are the same all over the world ( apart from slight cultural differences ) treat them good and the rest will follow.... British women are the same.

However I don't know one bird that goes out with a Turk... But I wish you well anyway

Old 08-15-2016, 07:39 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,060,741 times
You're the type of immigrant America needs. Apply here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...isa/entry.html

http://turkey.usembassy.gov/diversit...tructions.html

Do it every year. You can get in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom