Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 08:09 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,903,662 times

Advertisements

apologise ...for what ?
for being rich ? why not help discreetly people and charities instead of pulling a tantrum?
for "the bad , racist British/French/Europeans" : sorry, but nobody mandated her to talk in my name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 08:17 AM

27,529 posts, read 13,741,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
I know the history of Syria pretty well and I am pleased you have now done some research. But your posts only affirm my initial point that foreign actors be they western (Britain and France) or Russian have meddled in the internal affairs of Syria by bombing it.

Also the British at times have provided direct support to Al Nusra Front and the Free Syrian Army in terms of arms and SAS support. So we have done more than merely bomb the place.

Also you conveniently ignored my points about ISIS, were it not for the illegal invasion of Iraq, ISIS would never have arisen in Iraq or Syria..

Also unlike Russia who Bashir Assad asked to help in. We had no real mandate from the Syrian political elite or the Syrian people. In short we are meddling yet again..
We became involved in Syria following a UN Resolution and were asked to help by numerous countries including France and Russia, and folllowing a Parliamentary vote and debate.

We did so under the understanding we would be helping to protect the civilian population from IS Forces and also offering humanitarian aid, as for special forces they will be very small in number and are often used to identify ISIS forces in order that air strikes can be succesfully targeted without hurting civilians.

In terms of the Free Syrian Army and other allied units, lots of countries provided support, so Britain should not be singled out, if anything we haven't really played a major role in Syria, and in terms of Afghanistan trained Afghan Forces, so they could take on the Taliban after we left.

Who is supplying weapons to the warring sides in Syria? - BBC News

Not that any of this has to do with the current Refugee status of individuials which is granted at the first country of safety and refuge, as to duistinguish between geniune refugees and economic migrants who are not living in fear but want to try and find a country with the best welfare benefits.

What is happening in France, is Frances's responsibility, and not ours and they are the ones who should be trying to house these people rather than them having to live in third world conditions in France. France is a secure country and free of torture, where these people are perfectly able to claim Asylum under the rules of International Law, and Britain has no duty to take what are French refugees.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-18-2016 at 08:42 AM..

Old 10-18-2016, 10:09 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,725,673 times
Has Miss Allen taken in any of these migrants herself, into her own home, housed and fed them?

Old 10-18-2016, 10:14 AM

27,529 posts, read 13,741,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Has Miss Allen taken in any of these migrants herself, into her own home, housed and fed them?
She has one in a hutch in the garden and feeds it lettuce twice a day.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:26 AM

18,597 posts, read 18,889,865 times
Bob Geldof offered to house some in his "second home".... Some others in the luvvy world did too.. strange though that it didnt come to anything as the government stepped in and said it wouldnt be right and they would be better in social housing to get the most help long term.......mmm I didnt know the government could tell anyone who to take to live in their home...did you? or tell the likes of Geldof how to dish out his charity...Ill bet there were a few sighs of relief around Londons fancy districts.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:19 PM

12,984 posts, read 13,445,558 times
Over here we are called racist and xenophobic if we oppose Obama's crazy immigration policies & lack of enforcing border controls.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:46 PM

14,834 posts, read 12,112,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
British produce nothing. They need The French to stop their migrants. They are unable to build a tunnel that s why they needed the French to build the tunnel...they also ask them to build their own transports, subways, power plants, Airbus planes...so you can dream of a new tunnel...
They always need our help...that s so sad
The British built the tunnel, leave it up to the French and they probably would have 'missed' lol. That bit about 'they always need our help' made me chuckle, have you forgotten 1944 already? Remember we saved you from ze Germans, actually I think the French wanted a tunnel to give them somewhere to run away to the next time ze Germans come knocking! I've just sat here for 30 minutes and I can't think of one single thing the French have given to this world, I think the Belgians have done an awful lot more for mankind. Oh hang on, snails, the French gave the world the gastronomic wonder of snails, oh and a guillotine, apart from that nothing lol.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:19 PM

1,529 posts, read 920,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The British built the tunnel, leave it up to the French and they probably would have 'missed' lol. That bit about 'they always need our help' made me chuckle, have you forgotten 1944 already? Remember we saved you from ze Germans, actually I think the French wanted a tunnel to give them somewhere to run away to the next time ze Germans come knocking! I've just sat here for 30 minutes and I can't think of one single thing the French have given to this world, I think the Belgians have done an awful lot more for mankind. Oh hang on, snails, the French gave the world the gastronomic wonder of snails, oh and a guillotine, apart from that nothing lol.
Good show eastie. I have him on ignore, but unfortunately I can not avoid him altogether when somebody responds to one of his ridiculous tirades. He used the word "sad", well he is sad, very sad.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:19 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,903,662 times
I am French too and I can tell you what that troll amarow says is a pack of lies.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:23 AM

20,387 posts, read 20,025,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Over here we are called racist and xenophobic if we oppose Obama's crazy immigration policies & lack of enforcing border controls.
And most of us don't care what delusional so-called "progressives" call us.

Like many of the concerned UK posters in this thread, we have more than our fair share of rich progressives who talk a good game but other than a photo op, won't be adversely affected by importing large numbers of poor, uneducated, and possibly hostile to Western mores, refugees.

They live in their protectedbubble and try to manage everyone else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom