Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 02:58 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,978,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMD View Post
Think you might need to get your story straight. First you say at # 22 above, that winters in the UK are cold and icy.....

https://www.city-data.com/forum/46399391-post22.html

Talk about trying to have it both ways.
No, I said in my part of the UK which is not Southern England.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:25 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,652,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
No, I said in my part of the UK which is not Southern England.
No you didn't. When referring to Southern England, you said, here, as opposed to there. Check it out, you'll be amazed, and maybe you'll find yourself.

Quote:
Southern England is very mild. It rarely snows here, it is icy on occasion but that's about all when it comes to wintry weather.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/46412294-post27.html

Old 12-06-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:

I have a pretty extensive closet back home with quite a few heavy winter coats. I'm not sure I agree with you on that.

We do (in my part of British Isles) get a fair amount of snow and ice in the winter months.
Er.. I think I did.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:33 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,652,083 times
Quote:
Er.. I think I did.
But that has a big fat zero to do with your post #22 which is what I specifically referenced.

Further, your use of the phrases "back home" and "in my part of the UK" reinforce the belief that you are referencing an unamed, maybe secret part of the UK where you are not currently located.

Adopting that standard, here in DC, I could make similar comments about the weather in Alaska and Hawaii...........

You remind me of a young lady from N.I. on here, who used pretend she was male. Or was it male pretending to be female?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
But that has a big fat zero to do with your post #22 which is what I specifically referenced.

Further, your use of the phrases "back home" and "in my part of the UK" reinforce the belief that you are referencing an unamed, maybe secret part of the UK where you are not currently located.

Adopting that standard, here in DC, I could make similar comments about the weather in Alaska and Hawaii...........

You remind me of a young lady from N.I. on here, who used pretend she was male. Or was it male pretending to be female?
I don't have to outline my home town to a stranger on an internet forum.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:35 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,813,748 times
Quote:

He lives in Northern Ireland, in an area that is milder in winter than where I live. I wouldn't describe anywhere in the UK, cold or snowy during winter, other than mountainous areas. Of course it can get cold on occasion, but generally it's ok.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:33 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times

Old 12-13-2016, 10:47 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
That picture? You can go to MacDonald's or Walmart (Asda?) and see fat people but the ordinary person over here in the USA doesn't look like either one of those. I've seen fat people waddling out of MacDonald's in the UK. Anywhere that has a MacDonald's or other junk food place will have fat people.

(Notice the person sitting across from the fat person (face blurred out) is normal. Now if we dressed like that woman in the left hand picture, yeh, we might get arrested over here, lol. (joking)

Old 12-14-2016, 08:30 AM

I think it's spelt McDonalds.

British women don't dress in the manner that the woman above is dressed in.. She is Mainland European and that is clear by her skin tone (probably Mediterranean)

Old 12-14-2016, 10:54 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
I think it's spelt McDonalds.

British women don't dress in the manner that the woman above is dressed in.. She is Mainland European and that is clear by her skin tone (probably Mediterranean)
You're probably right, McDonalds. (You can tell I do not go there!)

And British women are known for their lovely complexions. We in the US get burned and browned by the sun, resulting in aging skin.

You people have some clothing brands that I like: Laura Ashley and Boden. Also Barbour, which they have in my local British shop. I go in just to be near it. Not many have THAT kind of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom