Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 02:48 PM

18,544 posts, read 18,818,226 times

Advertisements

Because of staff shortages, many patients have to lie in hospital corridors for hours waiting to be seen.. some with serious illnesses , and yet this happens.. its not wonder we get angry at people who have never paid a penny into our country can get away with this.. She was turned away from the US and went into labour... at a cost.. Nigerian mum who had IVF quadruplets on the NHS can't pay back the £500,000 | Metro News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 01:37 PM

7,494 posts, read 6,287,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Because of staff shortages, many patients have to lie in hospital corridors for hours waiting to be seen.. some with serious illnesses , and yet this happens.. its not wonder we get angry at people who have never paid a penny into our country can get away with this.. She was turned away from the US and went into labour... at a cost.. Nigerian mum who had IVF quadruplets on the NHS can't pay back the £500,000 | Metro News
She said she wanted to give birth in America as she had family there .
Yep, I can certainly understand her desire. The USA would have had four brand new citizens and would have those hospital bills on our backs. Why didn't she decide to drop them in Nigeria?

Old 02-04-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
She said she wanted to give birth in America as she had family there .
Yep, I can certainly understand her desire. The USA would have had four brand new citizens and would have those hospital bills on our backs. Why didn't she decide to drop them in Nigeria?
Who would have picked up her bill in the US if shed gone into labour there..she has said there is not way she can pay our NHS back that money... charming isnt it.. no wonder our health service is crumbling.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:36 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,860,643 times
Be thankful you have NHS, dizzy. You wouldn't have that here in the US.

I thought you're a "conservative"? Don't conservatives believe that EVERYONE, not just women from Nigeria, should be paying their own way?

Old 02-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Be thankful you have NHS, dizzy. You wouldn't have that here in the US.

I thought you're a "conservative"? Don't conservatives believe that EVERYONE, not just women from Nigeria, should be paying their own way?
We do pay into the NHS from wages.. Is a US conservative the same as a UK one though..

Old 02-04-2017, 05:02 PM

7,494 posts, read 6,287,099 times
Quote:
Who would have picked up her bill in the US if shed gone into labour there..she has said there is not way she can pay our NHS back that money... charming isnt it.. no wonder our health service is crumbling.
I have no idea who would pay her bills, but I'm reasonably certain that if she had dropped them in the USA, we would have had four new citizens , ready to start enjoying the benefits of US citizenship. At that point I know who will be supporting them, my taxes.
Send her and the brood back to Nigeria and bill the country.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:12 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,773,173 times
Quote:
We do pay into the NHS from wages.. Is a US conservative the same as a UK one though..
No. A liberal in the US is not the same as a liberal in the UK either. I get all confused about it too.

Here, a conservative does not think there should be health insurance that we pay into. They think that you should be able to pay for everything yourself. They probably have to self hypnotize themselves into thinking they will never need a doctor or a hospital. They blow a fuse if they think that a penny of their money went to save someone else's life.

Liberals want something like the NHS. Liberals would have everyone paying into the system through taxes and then everyone would have coverage. People would have to pay a little bit on their own. That means that even if I never had kids, I would pay for people who gave birth. If I never needed a knee replacement or eye surgery, I would still pay for those who do. But if I needed health care, it would be there for me.

Before President Obama gave us some semblance of national health care (it needs to be fixed but the conservatives want it "repealed") there were vast numbers of people who could not get medical care at all. You could buy health insurance through your job but if you lost your job, no health insurance. Good jobs offered good insurance. Bad jobs offered low quality insurance. The major cause of bankruptcy in the US is due to medical bills.

No one wants illegals getting free health care. Some liberals are for it but most are not. Currently, the illegals (here, they mostly come from Mexico and Central America) can sneak in over the border and give birth in a hospital for free or, if they are very ill and they can somehow get here and go to a hospital emergency care, they can be treated for FREE. Never paying anything in!

Old 02-04-2017, 05:30 PM

Nigerian mum who had IVF quadruplets on the NHS can't pay back the £500,000 | Metro News

OMG!! They usually do NOT get turned away from the US. They come here from Mexico and South America illegally just to give birth. They get that for free! Then their kids are automatically US citizens ad get everything FREE. Then the mother stays here illegally and gets FREE money for her US citizen kids. And the mother never had a background check or vaccines given because she sneaked in ILLEGALLY.

How did that woman afford a trip to the US and then a trip to the UK?

I have no problem with some of my money going to pay for health care for US citizens and legal permanent residents, all of whom have at least paid something into the system and who obeyed our laws. But not for people who purposely came here to get health care. Especially when so many here cannot get health care.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:19 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,095,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Before President Obama gave us some semblance of national health care (it needs to be fixed but the conservatives want it "repealed") there were vast numbers of people who could not get medical care at all.
Actually, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act or 1986 requires U.S. hospitals to provide emergency treatment, regardless of the patient's ability to pay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerge...tive_Labor_Act

Old 02-04-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Actually, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act or 1986 requires U.S. hospitals to provide emergency treatment, regardless of the patient's ability to pay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerge...tive_Labor_Act
True. What I was trying to say is that many Americans can't afford medical treatment. Anyone can go to the emergency room though, you're right. That's supposed to be for a true emergency that the person didn't plan, most often due to an accident or a serious health issue in the middle of the night when doctors are not available. It's not supposed to be for long term health care for anyone and it's not supposed to be abused by illegals coming in and heading to the ER to have babies or any other sort of treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom